Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New Concept Highlights What iOS 7 Might Look Like Under Jonathan Ive's Reign

Default New Concept Highlights What iOS 7 Might Look Like Under Jonathan Ive's Reign

Those of you looking forward to the release of iOS 7, Apple’s upcoming update for iOS, are probably anticipating the new changes that are expected to come. One of the major things we’re supposed to see under Jonathan Ive's overseeing of iOS 7 is a flatter design that does away with skeuomorphism.

A new concept video highlights some neat ideas from the mind of one concept designer that might come true in the iOS 7 software update. Keep your eyes peeled as the iOS 6 iPhone below gets updated to the iOS 7 concept in this well-put together video:

For a mobile-friendly video link that works with our app, tap on the video link below:

YouTube Video

Obvious right off the bat is the flat design style. It almost looks metro-ish. The rounded application icons are done away with to bring square application icons to life. Animations are completely re-done for notifications, unlocking the device, launching applications, and more. The lock screen even looks totally different.

The animations and overall fluidity of the iOS 7 concept are truly fun to look at. It’s not something we could really expect from Apple; however, these animations really open your eyes to the true simplicity of the current iOS version and what could really be improved on. It's nice how applications lose their navigation bars when you scroll down and you immediate immerse yourself in a full-screen application experience.

It’s the small things like the updated camera shutter sound, and even the large things like the new user interface, access to widgets and toggles, and the better animations that make this concept shine.

On the other hand, I'm not really liking how the Status Bar disappears in the applications when they open.

How do you like this one?

Sources: YouTube

Looks kind of like windows phone....Especially the transitions. Am I wrong?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to holyshnikes For This Useful Post:

Airwaves182 (05-10-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,211 Times in 1,372 Posts

Looks pretty cool! Nice concept! I hope, though, that iOS 7 incorporates something that will blow our minds...

...Doubt that's gonna happen, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by holyshnikes View Post
    That's what I thought, too.

It'd kinda be cool if Apple released a dual-boot version of iOS; one that looks the same as the current OS and one that caters to tech-savvy people (customization). This would maintain their 'simplistic' strategy and entertain the ones that want/need more features.
    Last edited by thazsar; 05-10-2013 at 02:35 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Saved0ne's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by holyshnikes View Post
    Seems TOO much like the windows phone. But it won't look like this evenso, unfortunately... Apple won't add in all those gorgeous features like we all want.

Very nice concept!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,211 Times in 1,372 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Saved0ne View Post
    Seems TOO much like the windows phone. But it won't look like this evenso, unfortunately... Apple won't add in all those gorgeous features like we all want.
    Very true :-(

BTW, what's your username referring to?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Looks amazing I can't wait. Hopefully it gets jailbroken quick so I don't have to stay in 6.1.2 for ever.. Lol

so basically they're going the windows 8 metro route. How unbelievably uninspiring. Apple truly lost it....I think I will seriously consider going the HTC One route this time around. Apple be damned!!!

Quote Originally Posted by swifty7 View Post
    so basically they're going the windows 8 metro route. How unbelievably uninspiring. Apple truly lost it....I think I will seriously consider going the HTC One route this time around. Apple be damned!!!
    Remember.... concept. This is in no way shape or form anything Apple has created.

This is an artist's rendition.

Just give us a "dev mode" or something equivalent to eliminate the need for jailbreaking. Then the community can make all the fancy eye candy it wants.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbaba View Post
    Just give us a "dev mode" or something equivalent to eliminate the need for jailbreaking. Then the community can make all the fancy eye candy it wants.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by julioooo View Post
    that's so ugly
    AGREED! Other than the widgets at the end, I like my phone a hell'of'a lot betta.

I don't think I would update...

While I personally have nothing against the flat block colour design model that Microsoft has chosen for their products, why has the world + dog seen necessary to copy it?

I have visited 20 sites today, all of which have been recently updated to look like they are Windows8.

Most of them are better for it, but that begs the question, if they were crap before, is copying someone else's design cues the best they can come up with? Personally I think it reflects a total lack of imagination ...

If apple change the application icons then they are dead to me

iPhone? More like MyPhone DayumQuitPlayin's Avatar
    Thanks

It does have a Windows look to it, but but it looks good. At this point, I'm sure most people will welcome the new changes. Can't wait.

Holy crap, that's hideous. If it was something Apple created, I dare say I'd weep pained tears.

That looks amazing but maybe maybe the icons

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast