Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'NoActivity' Hides the Loading Circle From the Status Bar

Hybrid View

Default 'NoActivity' Hides the Loading Circle From the Status Bar

For those of you looking to remove the loading circle from the Status Bar whenever you’re loading data on the Internet, you can use a new free jailbreak tweak called NoActivity by iOS developer c0redev.

Whenever you load a Web page in Mobile Safari, or access Internet data from any other application, a loading circle shows in the Status Bar to indicate that data is being transferred. For some, this is a friendly reminder; but to others, it’s just another piece of clutter for the Status Bar that might be better off hidden.

What NoActivity does is hide the loading circle from the Status Bar. It doesn’t prevent data from being transferred, and it doesn’t keep the URL bar in Mobile Safari from displaying the loading progress. The tweak is great for those looking to just keep that extra icon out of the Status Bar.

NoActivity works with all iOS devices on all iOS versions. There aren’t any options to configure, so uninstalling the tweak will be the only way to disable it if you need to for any reason. If you’re interested in giving the tweak a try, it’s available for free in Cydia’s BigBoss repository.

Name: NoActivity
    Price: FREE
    Version: 0.0.1-2
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: c0redev
    Editor's Rating:  3/5

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

zplit (05-10-2013)

Why would anybody want to do this?

Quote Originally Posted by Ambi_Valence View Post
    Agreed. I like to call these "Anti-Tweaks".

Quote Originally Posted by Raybeast View Post
    Agreed. I like to call these "Anti-Tweaks".
    I understand the changing of the 4G icon to 3G, but I cannot figure out for the life of me why and or how this is or may be useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambi_Valence View Post
    I do!! Maybe cuz I don't really like to see many stuff on my status bar. Downloading now.
    Thanks Anthony
    Instagram: zplit
    Twitter: zplit

The loading gears is part of the UI that I add into my themes. I and others Don't see why removing them is a good idea
    Negative tweak

pls stop doing useless tweaks!!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

In a sense I like this, I do agree who wants to have their status bar all cluttered, because I don't I hate it! But on the other hand I would like to know When something is using the Internet or loading, I'm going to download it and see if I like it but I also agree with most people with the replies on how useless this is.... To a point!
    - Things I have Jailbroken -
    iphone 3g 8gb
    iphone 4 32gb
    Ipad 1st gen 16gb

- Add me on twitter -
    - Mr_wilson1991 -