+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T Unleashes 4G LTE in Five More Locations

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
AT&T has announced that they have turned on their 4G LTE cellular network in five more lucky cities focused in the states of Kansas, Missouri, and Texas. Those lucky cities
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,037 Times in 760 Posts

Default AT&T Unleashes 4G LTE in Five More Locations

AT&T has announced that they have turned on their 4G LTE cellular network in five more lucky cities focused in the states of Kansas, Missouri, and Texas. Those lucky cities are:

• Jacksonville, Texas
    • Manhattan, Kansas
    • Palestine, Texas
    • Sedalia, Missouri
    • Warrensburg, Missouri

4G LTE offers a theoretical download speed of about 100Mb/s; however, due to the realities of network congestion, the download speeds on 4G LTE in real life situations are more like 20-60Mb/s. Many of Apple's latest iOS devices, including the iPhone 5, iPad Mini, and iPad with retina display can take advantage of 4G LTE.

AT&T is working hard to bring as many new cities to the world of 4G LTE as possible this year; they still have a lot more to go to catch up to Verizon. We will keep you updated as more locations are announced.

Sources: AT&T

My iPhone is a Part of Me iRevival's Avatar
    Thanks

Youngstown, OH definitely has it now. They might not be done rolling it out since they haven't updated it as being offered here, but I'm getting it nearly everywhere now. Finally!

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,331 Times in 725 Posts

So what's the point of rolling out LTE if it doesn't "reach you" like I'm talking 2 miles from my house.

iPhone? More like MyPhone krosis's Avatar
    Thanks

Wile congestion can cause lower than maximum speeds for any shared network, the reason you don't see 100Mbps downspeed is because it requires multiple antennas (MIMO) which don't work/help in all situations, and you need more than 10MHz of bandwidth, which they don't seem able to do right now.

In the future with more LTE capable towers, and retiring of older 2G/3G services, the theoretical peak of LTE on AT&T will reach and pass 100Mbps. Of course, by then even more people will be using it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by krosis View Post
    Wile congestion can cause lower than maximum speeds for any shared network, the reason you don't see 100Mbps downspeed is because it requires multiple antennas (MIMO) which don't work/help in all situations, and you need more than 10MHz of bandwidth, which they don't seem able to do right now.

In the future with more LTE capable towers, and retiring of older 2G/3G services, the theoretical peak of LTE on AT&T will reach and pass 100Mbps. Of course, by then even more people will be using it.
    And by then something faster than late will be on the rise lol

iPhone? More like MyPhone shigh's Avatar
    Thanks

I realize this is off topic and im sorry but...... Anthony, id like to recommend a dedicated forum (i guess??) for weekly tweak recaps. Pls. Im looking for the name of the tweak that lets u take scrolling pics, or u know the long screenpics. And i realized a dedicated thread would be more useful than scrolling through all the old news. Just a thought. Thanks!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shigh View Post
    I realize this is off topic and im sorry but...... Anthony, id like to recommend a dedicated forum (i guess??) for weekly tweak recaps. Pls. Im looking for the name of the tweak that lets u take scrolling pics, or u know the long screenpics. And i realized a dedicated thread would be more useful than scrolling through all the old news. Just a thought. Thanks!
    I know what your talking about. It's not that far down though. CAPTUREVIEW

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

We only have edge service at my house but 10 miles on down the road we recently got 3G (2 years ago) and still on copper wires. We will never have 4g lte and as of now AT&T has no plans of any upgrades in my area within the next 15 years.

In fact AT&T is trying to sell the bellsouth area.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bradmullins007 View Post
    We only have edge service at my house but 10 miles on down the road we recently got 3G (2 years ago) and still on copper wires. We will never have 4g lte and as of now AT&T has no plans of any upgrades in my area within the next 15 years.

In fact AT&T is trying to sell the bellsouth area.
    That sucks bro.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Finally got it in ventura county a few weeks ago,it hauls ***
    ping 92 ms,Download 39.50 mbps,.upload 22.82mbps according to speedtest app
    Last edited by crusader281; 05-08-2013 at 08:40 PM.

Thanks

AT&T hook up Florida's treasure cost please. You did the panhandle before TC? Come on those rednecks don't own any LTE devices and you know it!

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,064 Times in 4,206 Posts

Need more spot in Louisiana

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

What!? I live in Tyler Texas, right next to Jacksonville and Palestine only separated by a few miles (which combined have a population under 35000 people) why wouldn't they supply a bigger town LTE first when Tyler has a population 3 times that, over 100000 people. Maybe cause its easier to implement, and their infrastructure is probably older?

What!? I live in Tyler Texas, right next to Jacksonville and Palestine only separated by a few miles (which combined have a population under 35000 people) why wouldn't they supply a bigger town LTE first when Tyler has a population 3 times that, over 100000 people. Maybe cause its easier to implement, and their infrastructure is probably older?
    Last edited by nate4379; 05-10-2013 at 11:28 AM.