+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'I'm Listening' Gives You Sharing Options for Currently Playing Music

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default 'I'm Listening' Gives You Sharing Options for Currently Playing Music

For those of you that like to share with the world the music that you listen to, a new jailbreak tweak called Im Listening by iOS developer Merlin may interest you. Im Listening gives you multiple sharing options, including text message, Twitter, Facebook, Weibo, e-mail, and clipboard for showing the world what youre listening to on your iOS device.

Operating the tweak is very easy. There are multiple ways to share music, such as the method above, where you tap and hold on the play/pause button via the lock screen music controls and then release to reveal sharing options in the iOS 6 share sheet format.

Alternatively, you can use the tweaks built-in Auxo (or App Switcher) compatibility to tap and hold on the Music application icon on the right side of the Auxo App Switcher music controls and then release to reveal the same sharing options:

When you select a sharing option from the share sheet, you are given a composition sheet, whether it be for e-mail, Facebook, Twitter, or Messages, that auto-fills the information about the currently playing music so you can share it:

For those of you that like using Activator, rather than Auxo or the lock screen, the tweak also lets you use an Activator gesture to reveal the share sheet from anywhere. The Activator gesture, as well as several other options, are configured via the tweak's preferences pane in the Settings application:

From the tweaks preferences pane, you will be able to enable or disable the entire tweak on demand, as well as configure your invoking options, configure the sharing services you want to be able to use, configure album art sharing options, and configure how the messages will be set up for each individual sharing service.

I'm Listening is definitely the best way to take advantage of sharing your music with the world. The features that it comes with blow similar tweaks like TapTweetPlus. If you're interested in grabbing I'm Listening to give it a try, you will find it in Cydia's BigBoss repository for 99.

Name: I'm Listening
    Price: 99
    Version: 1.0-1
    Requirements: iOS 6
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Merlin
    Editor's Rating: / 4.5/5

Thanks

It's A Nice Feature that's definitely worth .$99 but it gives you more then what TapTweetPlus Does more if your into sharing your music.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

99 cents.....I can just use a Facebook or a twitter tweak just to post a song.

Thanks
    I use it a lot for some reason. And I looks good on Facebook as well

My iPhone is a Part of Me radioBirdman's Avatar
    Thanks

I was using Action Menu Plus to post a "favourite" plus "Playing" which was good enough, but with no artwork... TapTweetPlus is perfect if you only want to post to Twitter... but this is great for only a buck!