+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Rovio Announces Rovio Account for Playing Your Games Where You Left Off on Other Devices

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Rovio Announces Rovio Account for Playing Your Game Where You Left Off on Other Devices

Rovio Monday announced a new feature called Rovio Account, which allows players to save the progress of their Rovio games in the cloud and pick up where they left off on other devices connected to the Rovio Account.

Users have demanded the feature for quite a long time, being that the progress of games like Angry Birds is never synchronized between devices. A player would, before Rovio Account, have to start over on another device after having completed a large accomplishment or achievement on the first device. For obvious reasons, this would be frustrating; especially for those harder levels that you were able to complete with merely luck.

Rovio’s Rovio Account feature will work across multiple platforms, including iOS and Android devices. At this point in time, the feature is only available globally for ‘The Croods’ and in Poland and Finland for the original Angry Birds. Rovio will be adding more support for additional games and locations in coming weeks.

Rovio Account is a standalone feature from Apple’s Game Center, and can be signed into from Rovio’s games where supported. You may need to create an account, but only if you haven’t already. Will you be taking advantage of the feature?

Sources: Rovio Blog

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    why do you need a separate account for this? I know GTA and some other games sync saves between devices directly through iCloud...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

iCloud syncs are specific to a universal app, I believe. Often times Rovio is selling "HD" versions of their apps on iPads which would have a different app ID for syncing with iCloud.

I get around this by using iFile to copy over game save data between devices as I switch between them. It's a hassle, but it works for when I want to fire up Angry Birds Star Wars on the iPad in HD version but use the game save data from my iPhone.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kddo14 View Post
    why do you need a separate account for this? I know GTA and some other games sync saves between devices directly through iCloud...
    Probably so it works across all devices such as Android and FAcebook.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by izeta View Post
    Probably so it works across all devices such as Android and FAcebook.
    Facebook=device?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by njp316 View Post
    Facebook=device?
    I meant platforms. Facebook has the Angry Birds game also.

Thanks

This should be added to the minimum requirements for every app developer before submitting their apps for review. (Of course, with the option of turning it off for every app... just to save cloud space)