+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Nintendo Hoping Developers Will Port Smartphone Games to Wii U

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    Thanks

Default Nintendo Hoping Developers Will Port Smartphone Games to Wii U

After having to deal with a slow start for the Wii U, Nintendo reportedly begun offering software to make it easy for developers to port their mobile applications from platforms like Apple’s iOS to its new home gaming console. Nintendo’s alleged plans to boost sales of the Wii U were reported recently by The Japan Times, which revealed the game maker is reportedly offering developers “professional use conversion software.” The tool allows developers to easily port their software from smartphone platforms, presumably including Apple’s iOS and Google’s Android.

The Wii U has drawn many comparisons to Apple’s iPad because the console’s controller includes a touchscreen display. Games can utilize both the tablet controller and a user’s HDTV to create new types of gaming experiences. Apple offers a similar combination when pairing an iPhone or iPad to the Apple TV. Though Apple’s set-top box does not have a full-fledged App Store, some games offer console-style gaming by streaming wirelessly to the Apple TV via AirPlay.

Since the release of the iOS App Store, games have been dominant among the most popular software for the mobile platform, leaving Apple as a major player in the gaming market. The company made a more direct push into the gaming space in 2010, when it launched the Game Center social network. As of right now, Nintendo’s current strength lies in mobile games where the company’s 3DS console is dominate against its primary competition, which is Sony’s PlayStation Vita. The Wii U, which launched last fall, has failed to find same success as its predecessor, the Wii, when it came to capturing the casual gaming market. The Wii U got off to a slow start and Nintendo was forced to cut its forecasts as a result. Demand is said to have dropped off considerably in 2013, with a death of new games available since its launch.

Source: The Japan Times

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

*T*
    Thanks

*dearth

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

If Nintendo could do anything right, its to realize that the most important thing is the developers, developers, developers, developers.

Green Apple
    Thanks

They spent too much time, effort and stupidity focusing on a gadget that's out of most family's price point! The cost of the unit is fine but when you have a family the extra controllers as way beyond and average family's budget! They should be focused on bringing cheap games to its handhelds rather than the over prices re-skinned games they churn out

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,335 Times in 729 Posts

Why don't they focus on porting Nintendo games to smartphones?

Pokemon
    Mario Brothers

(Cha Ching)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,073 Times in 934 Posts

How bout Nintendo port their games to iOS & Android, instead!?!?!

I'm no genius but I think they'd see a huge increase in sales if they'd stop being so stubborn

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    Why don't they focus on porting Nintendo games to smartphones?

Pokemon
    Mario Brothers

(Cha Ching)
    LOL! Posted 1 minute before my post!!!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

Silverado1987 (05-06-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    How bout Nintendo port their games to iOS & Android, instead!?!?!

I'm no genius but I think they'd see a huge increase in sales if they'd stop being so stubborn

LOL! Posted 1 minute before my post!!!!
    Because the average iOS/android user wouldn't pay £29.99 for a app even if it is a ds game

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpySod View Post
    Because the average iOS/android user wouldn't pay £29.99 for a app even if it is a ds game
    $29?!??

I'm talking about NES games for $.99 like most of the other game developers. Even $1.99/NES Game 'might' be worth it to some users.

Unless....!!!
    They charge a one time $29 fee for an app that plays all their games! Then its worth it in the long run. Obviously, though, that would be a stupid economical decision; but its better than their current economical decision for smartphones...which is NOTHING!
    Last edited by thazsar; 05-06-2013 at 06:30 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone BhadKarma's Avatar
    Thanks

$29?!??

I'm talking about NES games for $.99 like most of the other game developers. Even $1.99/NES Game 'might' be worth it to some users.

Unless....!!!
    They charge a one time $29 fee for an app that plays all their games! Then its worth it in the long run. Obviously, though, that would be a stupid economical decision; but its better than their current economical decision for smartphones...which is NOTHING!
    Hey we got GBA GBC Emulators... And tons of roms... Lol
    But I do agree with what you think ... It would help profit for them. Kind of like the Final Fantasy series' being sold.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BhadKarma View Post
    Hey we got GBA GBC Emulators... And tons of roms... Lol
    But I do agree with what you think ... It would help profit for them. Kind of like the Final Fantasy series' being sold.
    Yes we do!!!

But for those 'other' users, Nintendo needs to be smart and port their games before we stop caring!

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,335 Times in 729 Posts

Ok Nintendo while your talking about developers I'm gonna go play Pokemon Red and relive my childhood for free lol

Thanks

Oh geez......race to the bottom full speed ahead.

Thanks

Look Nintendo. I can get your games free of charge via Roms. Be smart and actually make a buck of the boat load of titles we all grew up with(no brainer) Guess Nintendo has endless cash and remains in the market for good times not profit :]

iPhone? More like MyPhone BhadKarma's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes we do!!!

But for those 'other' users, Nintendo needs to be smart and port their games before we stop caring!
    Very true. Those "other" users need love too.