Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'Luna' is a Simple Way to Toggle Do Not Disturb in iOS

Default 'Luna' is a Simple Way to Toggle Do Not Disturb in iOS

If you use the Do Not Disturb feature in iOS a lot, then why bother digging through all of the preference panes in the Settings application to get to it?

A new jailbreak tweak called Luna by iOS hacker and developer Ryan Petrich, and human interface designer Sentry_NC gives you a very simple, and polished way to toggle Do Not Disturb at any time that you need it. As shown above, you can toggle Do Not Disturb in Notification Center by dragging down and continuing to drag down until the label changes from "Pull to Enable Do Not Disturb," to "Release to Enable Do Not Disturb."

In the event that you want to disable Do Not Disturb, you can do exactly the same thing; however, the label will say “Pull to Disable Do Not Disturb,” and will change to “Release to Disable Do Not Disturb” after a certain point, after which releasing will turn Do Not Disturb off:

The tweak also works the same way on the lock screen, minus the label when you pull down from the lock screen clock:

When Do Not Disturb mode is enabled, Luna will even make your banner notifications unobtrusive, by turning them black, and creating a Status Bar-height banner that won’t get in the way of the interface you’re in. The Do Not Disturb icon is pushed over slightly, while the sender’s name appears to the left in bold and the message scrolls (depending on the length) on the right:

After installing Luna, you will receive a new preferences pane in the Settings application where you can configure a few options:

You will be able to enable toggling Do Not Disturb via the lock screen and home screen on demand, and separately. You’ll also be able to enable or disable the nocturnal (unobtrusive) banners feature, and choose whether or not you want to hear notification sounds.

Luna is an excellent add-on for anyone that uses Do Not Disturb on their iOS devices. The tweak's overall usefulness, in combination with the fluid animations, makes it feel like a feature that Apple should have added natively. If you’re interested in giving it a try, you will find it in Cydia’s BigBoss repository for $1.99.

Name: Luna
    Price: $1.99
    Version: 1.0
    Requirements: iOS 6
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: A³tweaks
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

Never really saw the purpose of do not disturb for me personally. I can see the use for others. I'm a heavy sleeper And my phone typically doesn't wake me.

Thanks

Yea I'm sorry but a $1,99 for that is bs.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by C2CA View Post
    Yea I'm sorry but a $1,99 for that is bs.
    agree. I get that development takes time, and time is money, but some tweaks gotta be free especially when there are other ways to do this for free.

My iPhone is a Part of Me bmwraw8482's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    Never really saw the purpose of do not disturb for me personally. I can see the use for others. I'm a heavy sleeper And my phone typically doesn't wake me.
    Its good for work environments too where you don't even want the vibration to be heard. I agree though. Sbsettings toggles in notification center are plenty convenient

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Scheduled Do Not Disturb at night and Silent at work, works for me.