Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'Velox' Makes Application Icons More Usable Right From the Home Screen

Default 'Velox' Makes Application Icons More Usable Right From the Home Screen

Velox is a new milestone jailbreak tweak by iOS development team Apex Tweaks that lets you use your applications from the home screen without ever actually opening them. If you haven't already seen what this tweak can do, then you'll want to keep reading on.

Shown above are some of the things the tweak has to offer. As you can see, simply swiping up or down on multiple kinds of iOS application icons on the home screen opens a folder-like interface that gives you functions you’ll find within the actual application. For example, swiping on the Settings application icon opens toggles for system settings, swiping on the Notes application icon opens an interface you can take notes in, swiping on the Weather application icon gives you all of your weather information, and swiping on your Camera application icon opens a camera view right from the home screen.

Does it stop there? – No way! Below, you can see that the tweak also allows you to view your Twitter feed (you can also see your Facebook feed) by simply swiping on the Twitter application icon, you can browse the Web by swiping on the Safari application icon, you can peruse YouTube by simply swiping on the YouTube application icon, and you can see what’s new in Cydia by simply swiping on the Cydia application icon:

In case you were wondering; yes, the list actually continues to go on. You will be able to access your contacts by swiping on the Contacts application icon, view notifications from applications like Mail by swiping on the Mail application icon, view messages, reply to messages, or compose new ones by swiping on the Messages application icon, or view your call history with shortcuts for calling people back by swiping on the Phone application icon:

And while the list of abilities Velox adds to home screen application icons continues to grow, we will put a stop to the teasers by showing you that you can actually open a Map view by swiping on the Maps application icon, share photos in your Photos application by swiping on the Photos application icon, and control music by swiping on the Music application icon:

There are several more applications that Velox supports home screen features for, but we will let you guys discover them on your own – the fun way!

The tweak adds a preferences pane to the Settings application where the user can configure a few options, such as the type of gestures you want to use to invoke the folder-like interfaces, enable or disable quick reply for messages, and choose the applications that you just want to see notifications for rather than being able to control the application from the home screen:

Notably, even though applications can be used from the home screen, they’re not being opened as applications, so they won’t appear in the App Switcher. It’s also important to note that Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and some other applications use the Web views for seeing information outside of the application rather than the native application views, so you'll have to sign into them even if you're signed into the respective applications.

Velox is compatible with several popular jailbreak tweaks like Auxo, Zephyr, Abstergo, Infinfolders, biteSMS, Springtomize 2, and several others. At this point in time, Velox is known to have conflicts with Infiniboard, FolderEnahncer, and SBRotator; however, the developers state that they are working on adding compatibility as soon as possible. Velox is not yet iPad-compatible.

If you're interested in giving Velox a try and making your iPhone cooler than anyone else's iPhone on the block, then go and grab the tweak from Cydia's BigBoss repository for just $1.99.

Name: Velox
    Price: $1.99
    Version: 1.0.1-1
    Requirements: iPhone or iPod touch running iOS 6
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Apex Tweaks
    Editor's Rating:  5/5
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 05-05-2013 at 03:27 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

KraXik (05-06-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

This is a pretty cool tweak been having this and playing with for a couple of days now.

Anyone else not able to quick compose messages to contacts that don't own iPhones?

Thanks

Yup had it a couple days now its decent. I don't think it makes anything any quicker though. But it's cool

Quote Originally Posted by XTRoRDiNAiRE View Post
    Anyone else not able to quick compose messages to contacts that don't own iPhones?
    I did before the update but now SMS quick compose crashes my phone sometimes after I've chosen the contact. I don't even use it for SMS though. It's not any quicker
    Last edited by Magnum; 05-05-2013 at 03:24 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

when i try to open facebook through Velox, my phone locks up and i have to hard reboot it...1.0.1

My battery!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerMan View Post
    when i try to open facebook through Velox, my phone locks up and i have to hard reboot it...1.0.1
    +1

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerMan View Post
    Weird, doesn't happen with me...

Its still buggy right now but this tweak has alot of potential.

I'm loving this tweak! No problems at all here.

I bought this tweak and I think it's worth more than that after using it......

Thanks

When it's compatible with infiniboard I'm trying this out... Wait for some bugs to get ironed out... Looks nice though... I can see Apple making this a standard feature in iOS 8 or 9

Due to the fact that I barely have any of my apps on the home screen anyway, this tweak wouldn't be all that useful to me.

But it seems like a neat one regardless

15. The Following User Says Thank You to aorowe For This Useful Post:

vinaygoel2000 (05-06-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,269 Times in 1,392 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sage I View Post
    When it's compatible with infiniboard I'm trying this out... Wait for some bugs to get ironed out... Looks nice though... I can see Apple making this a standard feature in iOS 8 or 9
    Worx w/ Scrollingboard and Scrollingboard is a whole lot better than infinidock, IMO...

If you keep the majority of your apps in folders on your home screen, then this tweak won't do anything for you, as these features don't work within folders.

Thanks

Possibly the worst idea ever

Quote Originally Posted by Sage I View Post
    When it's compatible with infiniboard I'm trying this out...
    Infiniboard is incompatible with so many other common that I had to get rid of it for that reason only.

Quote Originally Posted by aorowe View Post
    Due to the fact that I barely have any of my apps on the home screen anyway, this tweak wouldn't be all that useful to me.
    Velox works on any Springboard page not just home screen.

Quote Originally Posted by andygev35 View Post
    If you keep the majority of your apps in folders on your home screen, then this tweak won't do anything for you, as these features don't work within folders.
    They do now after the update to Folder Enhancer I think I read.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Thanks

Velox has a lot of bugs. Camera app has to be on top row of sB or its useless with velox same for Facebook app. I'm sure more.

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    Worx w/ Scrollingboard and Scrollingboard is a whole lot better than infinidock, IMO...
    Did you mean Scrollingboard is better than Infini"board"? You wrote Infini"dock"...
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,269 Times in 1,392 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Did you mean Scrollingboard is better than Infini"board"? You wrote Infini"dock"...
    Oops! My bad, I read 'infinidock' not infiniboard. Disregard my comment! LOL!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast