+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'Piano Passcode' Lets You Play Piano Sequences to Unlock Your iOS Device

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,043 Times in 765 Posts

Default 'Piano Passcode' Lets You Play Piano Sequences to Unlock Your iOS Device

Uniqueness is a word that we can use to describe a new jailbreak tweak called Piano Passcode by iOS developer Jonathan Winger Lang. This tweak allows you to unlock your iOS device by using a piano sequence; the only way to unlock the device will be to play the piano sequence that you set in the tweak's preferences, similarly to a passcode.

This musical lock screen is pretty neat. After you’ve set the sequence you want to play for your passcode (default is 1234567), you will be able to play that sequence every time your device gets locked to unlock the device. Additionally, as you are playing the piano to unlock your iOS device, you can hear the piano as you play it, and as you tap on the individual keys, they will become shadowed to indicate that you are pressing them down, which is a nice aesthetic touch.

From the tweak’s preferences pane, you will be able to enable and disable the tweak on demand, which may be necessary for times when you want to be able to get into your device easily, or just don’t want to play the piano. Under that, you will be able to change the piano sequence that you use to unlock your device, and under that you can enable secure mode.

When choosing a sequence, you can only use the digits 1 through 7. This is because there are only 7 white keys. If you pick anything above 7, you may have issues unlocking your device, so when we say stick to digits 1 through 7, we mean it! The black keys on the keyboard are no usable, so you can't use them in your sequence. If you have a basic iOS passcode enabled, you will need to disable it before you begin using Piano Passcode.

Notably, the tweak may not be compatible with all lock screen jailbreak tweaks. Users of lock screen-enhancing jailbreak tweaks should be wary of this. You will also need to un-mute your device’s ringer/silent switch in order to hear the piano playing, or else you will still be able to unlock your device, but you won’t hear the piano.

If you're interested in giving Piano Passcode a try, you can grab it from Cydia's BigBoss repository right now for just 99¢!

Name: Piano Passcode
    Price: 99¢
    Version: 1.0-1
    Requirements: iOS 5+
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Jonathan Winger Lang
    Editor's Rating:  4/5

Thanks

Awesome

*T*
    Thanks

Looks great, but this guy is obviously not a musicians. Piano keys have letter names, not numbers.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by *T* View Post
    Looks great, but this guy is obviously not a musicians. Piano keys have letter names, not numbers.
    I think it's because the iOS pass code uses numbers, not letters.

iPhone? More like MyPhone BhadKarma's Avatar
    Thanks

So what if someone hears the tones? Wouldn't that make it easy persay to figure out the "pass code"

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wiipro View Post
    Awesome
    Awesome? Are you serious?
    This is just stupid. Not only do you have to hide your iPhone but you have to be far away from people so they won't hear your tune.
    Unlocking has just become easier.

Thanks

has anyone found any really cool sounding password?

Thanks

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Freund117 View Post
    has anyone found any really cool sounding password?
    Mario Overworld

Epona's Song (Zelda 64)

Bolero of Fire (Zelda 64)

Thanks

you can use a virtual piano to help
    http://www.virtualpiano.net/
    Last edited by Rescuer; 05-04-2013 at 08:09 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Raybeast's Avatar
    Thanks

Anthony, how could you not have written about Velox yet, but you wrote about this!?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I want to jailbreak my device now specifically for this.

iPhone? More like MyPhone peacedog's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    I think it's because the iOS pass code uses numbers, not letters.
    Actually you can use letters if you turn off "Simple Passcode", which is the 4-digit PIN.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Raybeast View Post
    Anthony, how could you not have written about Velox yet, but you wrote about this!?
    EXACTLY! I tipped them to Velox WEEKS ago before it even hit many websites, and nothing. But this thing (That is NOT an original, btw, this comes from the MIUI ROM from Android, I had it on my Note 2 a long time ago, and this one has no mention of inspiration and claims to be original) gets an entire article. I used to love this place, but it's starting to become a wasteland.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Well this little tweak put my i5 into boot loop :/ Back to stock iPhone here I come.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HighTymes View Post
    Well this little tweak put my i5 into boot loop :/ Back to stock iPhone here I come.
    Ouch--do you have many/any other lockscreen tweaks installed that might be giving it a big conflict?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DubbaCTrumpetMSU View Post
    EXACTLY! I tipped them to Velox WEEKS ago before it even hit many websites, and nothing. But this thing (That is NOT an original, btw, this comes from the MIUI ROM from Android, I had it on my Note 2 a long time ago, and this one has no mention of inspiration and claims to be original) gets an entire article. I used to love this place, but it's starting to become a wasteland.
    Just wondering why modmyi didn't have any review about this nice tweak. I love it on my iphone5

iPhone? More like MyPhone Ryaninfg's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bisayakid07 View Post
    Just wondering why modmyi didn't have any review about this nice tweak. I love it on my iphone5
    There was a review done on Velox about a month ago before it was released on Cydia.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DubbaCTrumpetMSU View Post
    Well, looks like Velox finally showed up here. Sweet.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by *T* View Post
    If you've ever been around a studio in Nashville, you would know that notes do in fact have numbers...