+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'ChromeDisabler' Lets You Disable Full-screen Mode in Chrome for iOS

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
In Google Chrome for iOS, the navigation bar disappears and creates a full-screen experience when you begin scrolling down through content so you can see more content at a glance.
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,071 Times in 787 Posts

Default 'ChromeDisabler' Lets You Disable Full-screen Mode in Chrome for iOS

In Google Chrome for iOS, the navigation bar disappears and creates a full-screen experience when you begin scrolling down through content so you can see more content at a glance. In some instances this is a nice feature, but it’s a trade-off because you lose view of your URL bar, back button, and other features until you scroll up.

If you would like to keep the navigation bar from disappearing while you are scrolling through your Web content in Google Chrome for iOS, then check out a new free jailbreak tweak called ChromeDisabler by iOS developer ricardo2197.

As shown above, the tweak actually continues to show the navigation bar even after scrolling down through your Web content; full-screen mode is disabled, and you can see the URL, tap on the back button, and even access other features easily.

The tweak adds a preferences pane to the Settings application that allows you to toggle the tweak on demand. You will need to make sure you remove Google Chrome from the multitasking tray each time you make changes to the preferences pane so that your settings are saved:

ChromeDisabler is available for free right now in Cydia’s ModMyi repository. It requires that you have Google Chrome for iOS installed on your device to work properly, and it doesn’t yet have an iPad version.

Name: ChromeDisabler
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0
    Requirements: iPhone or iPod touch, Google Chrome for iOS
    Repo: ModMyi
    Developer: ricardo2197
    Editor's Rating: / 3.5/5

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I did this ages ago with Flex.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Chrome runs slow on my iPhone 4 any ideas why ?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Colwood's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crzyklr View Post
    Chrome runs slow on my iPhone 4 any ideas why ?
    Maybe too many pages open..? Or apps but I use a tweak called nitrous it speeds it up