+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Samsung Continues its Anti-Apple Campaign with Latest Galaxy S4 Commercial

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    Thanks

Default Samsung Continues its Anti-Apple Campaign with Latest Galaxy S4 Commercial

Samsung once again sets its sights on Apple’s flagship iPhone in a recent commercial. The new advertisement, the South Korean company tries to point out the “inadequacies” of the iOS device while touting the new Galaxy S4 features, such as Air View.

The ad starts off showing a group of just-graduated teenagers hanging out at a pool party with their Galaxy S4s. At the party are old parents with their iPhones, some even carrying the new iPhone 5, which Samsung tries to portray as a smartphone relic. The main character, who is the host of the party, and other teens show off their S4’s features in a series of short vignettes. Samsung’s Air View technology, where a call can be answered with the wave of a hand is a key feature that is shown off.

In another scene, a young woman snaps a pic and immediately shares it with her friend using the S Beam file transfer protocol. The mother who asks for a copy is teased by saying that her phone “doesn’t do that.” The ad slowly moves toward a conversation about “some smartphones being smarter than other smartphones,” which is trying to showcase Galaxy S4 features that the iPhone doesn’t have.

Those of you who haven’t seen the commercial can watch the video below:

While the latest TV spot is a bit of a different approach than previous campaigns, it still has a touch of elitism, which Samsung hasn’t kept up with in market share according to the latest U.S. smartphone statistics.

What did you think of the latest Samsung commercial?

Source: Samsung via PC Mag

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

They've kinda been missing the mark with these commercials lately.The unicorn one was terrible, and this one is meh.

Windows commercial is pretty funny though

Thanks

continuity errors out the ***. Spot em all and a swear to got i will send you a dollar thu paypal

also this commercial is meh because the GS4 doesnt really have any useful features, just about 8gb of bs

Thanks

Compare the galaxy s4 with the iPhone 5 and anyone right in the head would choose iPhone every time. why? Cos it runs iOS rather than the malware cesspool alternative (android) its like comparing the latest iMac with os x and a pc with better spec running windows 8 better spec doesn't always make a better product, the os makes a major difference and that is something samsung seem to be totally oblivious to

Thanks

Appstore.... that is the end of it.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ByteArt View Post
    continuity errors out the ***. Spot em all and a swear to got i will send you a dollar thu paypal

also this commercial is meh because the GS4 doesnt really have any useful features, just about 8gb of bs
    I would if this freakin video worked on the ModMyi app.

Banned
    Thanks

I would happily get the S4 for 1 very good reason. Is NOT apple. Also its NOT locked down tight. You don't need to jailbreak it to do everyday things. Its so much more user friendly. Ad most apps are free compared to the apple version of the exact same app.
    After owning 3 iPhones and 2 iPads is about time i left that crap and got a better phone.
    The only way i will stay with apple is if intellescreenX will work in IOS7 without jailbreaking and the next iPhone is half price compared to the S4. If those 2 things don't happen its S4 for me.
    Everyone i know that had an iPhone and who now have androids wont go back to apple, they are all really happy and regret taking so long or even regret getting an iPhone in the first place.

Another thing that will send me to Android is if the iPhone 4 is blocked from IOS7 which is what I'm expecting. Its already missing a lot of features from IOS6 so im guessing it will be missing even more from IOS7 thats if it gets it to start with.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

^^ Can u name just one Android phone that was released in 2010 that runs Android 4.2?

Thank you.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to vinaygoel2000 For This Useful Post:

Mohit555 (05-04-2013)

Thanks

Was that supposed to be funny? They could of found better and funnier ways of showing off the features. bleh.

Thanks

Wasn't ment to be funny, was showing features of the device & the answer swipe is a neat feature.

Only thing anti apple was the sharing photo part & even then it wasn't anti apple oO we get apps on the AppStore that can do it, just not right out of the box.
    Apple are Control freaks we need to stop them before they take over the world!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    well, iPhone CAN do everything what Galaxy S4 can do, PLUS much more - all you have to do is download an appropriate app (IF you want to, if you need to) (NFC is an exception for now, but it will be coming to iPhone too when it will be desired by much more people then it is currently). And given that design-wise and quality-wise Samsung is far behind iPhone, there is no question what I choose, and most likely WILL choose in the future again - iPhone

P.S. samsung ads are so pathetic (including the one above) that I have no respect for this company left, sorry.
    Last edited by nesamone; 05-04-2013 at 05:29 AM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tehfinalhack View Post
    Compare the galaxy s4 with the iPhone 5 and anyone right in the head would choose iPhone every time. why? Cos it runs iOS rather than the malware cesspool alternative (android) its like comparing the latest iMac with os x and a pc with better spec running windows 8 better spec doesn't always make a better product, the os makes a major difference and that is something samsung seem to be totally oblivious to
    I think you are oblivious to the fact, it doesn't matter what OS is being used. None are secure. It's the end user that causes the problem. It's not the OS, it dumbass people not knowing what they are doing, that causes problems. I use Android & iOS daily. I also use Windows 7 & OS X. In fact getting ready to buy a 27" iMac. Just can't decide if I want the fusion drive or SSD only. Never had malware or a virus on any of my stuff & I don't use anti-virus/anti-malware software for any OS. Be smart when using these devices and all will be good.
    People will click on just any email or website link, but those same people wouldn't send their entire contact list to a random number. Yet a email from [email protected] will get a million hits.

As for the commercial, boring, nothing makes me want to run out and buy this phone.
    If I can't mod it...I don't want it.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nesamone View Post
    well, iPhone CAN do everything what Galaxy S4 can do, PLUS much more - all you have to do is download an appropriate app (IF you want to, if you need to) (NFC is an exception for now, but it will be coming to iPhone too when it will be desired by much more people then it is currently). And given that design-wise and quality-wise Samsung is far behind iPhone, there is no question what I choose, and most likely WILL choose in the future again - iPhone

P.S. samsung ads are so pathetic (including the one above) that I have no respect for this company left, sorry.
    I agree Samsung will always be second best next to Apple they do not have a stable platform and they lack the updates for users to download they are always 2-3 behind bash Apple all you want Samsung but Apple will have the last laugh all the way to the Bank!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by b1997469 View Post
    I would happily get the S4 for 1 very good reason. Is NOT apple. Also its NOT locked down tight. You don't need to jailbreak it to do everyday things. Its so much more user friendly. Ad most apps are free compared to the apple version of the exact same app.
    After owning 3 iPhones and 2 iPads is about time i left that crap and got a better phone.
    The only way i will stay with apple is if intellescreenX will work in IOS7 without jailbreaking and the next iPhone is half price compared to the S4. If those 2 things don't happen its S4 for me.
    Everyone i know that had an iPhone and who now have androids wont go back to apple, they are all really happy and regret taking so long or even regret getting an iPhone in the first place.

Another thing that will send me to Android is if the iPhone 4 is blocked from IOS7 which is what I'm expecting. Its already missing a lot of features from IOS6 so im guessing it will be missing even more from IOS7 thats if it gets it to start with.
    Why you on this site then fcuk off to android site

16. The Following User Says Thank You to rabbit_ For This Useful Post:

Mohit555 (05-04-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone holyshnikes's Avatar
    Thanks

To each his own. I love my iPhone. And I know a bunch of people that had android phones, switched to apple, and loved the switch. The main reason is its simplicity. However, that's not for everyone.

The bottom line is, these commercials are getting to be ridiculus. I'm getting a little sick of their campaign. I think they are tasteless. It would be one thing if the had one commercial every once in a while. But they litterly have tons of the same commercial like a mini series. Just show the new cool stuff about your phone without trying to make yourself seem superior over anyone else. It is not the high road, and it makes your company seem like all it can do is make cheap shots.

Done.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cokeman View Post
    I think you are oblivious to the fact, it doesn't matter what OS is being used. None are secure. It's the end user that causes the problem. It's not the OS, it dumbass people not knowing what they are doing, that causes problems. I use Android & iOS daily. I also use Windows 7 & OS X. In fact getting ready to buy a 27" iMac. Just can't decide if I want the fusion drive or SSD only. Never had malware or a virus on any of my stuff & I don't use anti-virus/anti-malware software for any OS. Be smart when using these devices and all will be good.
    People will click on just any email or website link, but those same people wouldn't send their entire contact list to a random number. Yet a email from [email protected] will get a million hits.

As for the commercial, boring, nothing makes me want to run out and buy this phone.
    I agree with this. It's not about what's better, its about what's best for you. Each individual has different needs and there is no such thing as a one-size-fits all OS.

And people who hate Apple products based on the fact that they are Apple products are just as lame as those who only buy Apple products because they are Apple products. (Just to clarify that, if you were to say, I always buy Apple products because I find they are better made, more reliable, etc., etc. I would not say you are buying them just because they say Apple on them.)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I had an S2 and liked to prank call people using fonejacker app as it worked during the call but iphone can't even do a simple task like that.

Thanks

B1997469 you are so full of it, I'll take Apple any day over android, more secure, Apple doesn't give out your information, and unlike droid crap it works great for work and play. Also you can't beat their customer service and how everything links between my Mac and mobile devices. How about reliability......Apple rules there too. I have friends who tried a droid, said it sucked and came back to Apple ( I have smart friends)
    Go to a droid site and post your BS there.

Thanks

Samsung, i have no respect to this company. They said they have innovation, but that is ********! They made wallet with all feature and looks just like passbook..and they said that is innovation??
    Are you gotta kidding me?!!!

I much appreciate HTC, with their quality product, butn no respect for android. Sorry, android is trash!
    So, dump id to trash can..
    Just place something on his own place

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I just don't get why they keep showcasing features as if someone with an iPhone couldnt do it with an app from the app store or cydia. Like controlling your tv, making that picture of the guy on the diving board, waving to answer a phone.. That's all software stuff that is possible on an iPhone.