Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Samsung Continues its Anti-Apple Campaign with Latest Galaxy S4 Commercial

^Another example would be "bump" in the App Store for sharing photos, files... Been around for how long now?

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nesamone View Post
    well, iPhone CAN do everything what Galaxy S4 can do, PLUS much more - all you have to do is download an appropriate app (IF you want to, if you need to) (NFC is an exception for now, but it will be coming to iPhone too when it will be desired by much more people then it is currently). And given that design-wise and quality-wise Samsung is far behind iPhone, there is no question what I choose, and most likely WILL choose in the future again - iPhone

P.S. samsung ads are so pathetic (including the one above) that I have no respect for this company left, sorry.
    can the iPhone shoot simultaneous video with front and back cameras? is there an app for that?

can the iPhone unlock with your face and voice? pattern lock? is there an app for that/

can the iPhone upload photos from the gallery to ALL social media, cloud storage and other 3rd party apps? is there an app for that?

can the iPhone's screen scroll down as you read? is there an app for that?

do iPhone videos pause if you look away from the screen? is there an app for that?

can you send any file type via SMS or email? maybe, maybe there's IS an app for that.

can you plug your iPhone into your computer and browse it like you would a hard drive?

can 2 iPhone share data by tapping the 2 devices together? is there an app for that?

can the iPhone play HD content in HD? is there an app for that?

can you launch apps from the lock screen on an iPhone? is there an app for that?

can you run widgets on your lock screen AND your home screen? is there an app for that?

can you make any app your DEFAULT app on an iPhone? is there an app for that?

I could go on and on all day long with a list of things you cannot do on an iPhone--even a jailbroken iPhone that STOCK Android can do with ease.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehfinalhack View Post
    Compare the galaxy s4 with the iPhone 5 and anyone right in the head would choose iPhone every time. why? Cos it runs iOS rather than the malware cesspool alternative (android) its like comparing the latest iMac with os x and a pc with better spec running windows 8 better spec doesn't always make a better product, the os makes a major difference and that is something samsung seem to be totally oblivious to
    oh really?

Ultra-Secure Samsung Software Approved for Military Use - AndroidPIT

iOS apps crash more than Android apps, study shows | BGR

iOS 6.1 Exploit Lets Users Bypass Passcode Security | TechnoBuffalo (after a few "fixes" this problem still exists)

iOS Apps Pose Larger Privacy Risk Than Android Apps, Study Reveals | Redmond Pie

iPhone Found To Be More Vulnerable Than Windows Phone, BlackBerry And Android Smartphones, According To New Report | Redmond Pie

iOS More Fragmented in North America than Samsung Devices | TechnoBuffalo

Quote Originally Posted by Steve11 View Post
    ^Another example would be "bump" in the App Store for sharing photos, files... Been around for how long now?
    like Siri was an app then it became the main selling point of a new iPhone that took 16 or 18 months to come to market.
    Last edited by jOnGarrett; 05-04-2013 at 03:24 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jOnGarrett For This Useful Post:

buggsy2 (05-04-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 15,546 Times in 7,107 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    can the iPhone shoot simultaneous video with front and back cameras? is there an app for that?

can the iPhone unlock with your face and voice? pattern lock? is there an app for that/

can the iPhone upload photos from the gallery to ALL social media, cloud storage and other 3rd party apps? is there an app for that?

do iPhone videos pause if you look away from the screen? is there an app for that?

can you send any file type via SMS or email? maybe, maybe there's IS an app for that.

can you plug your iPhone into your computer and browse it like you would a hard drive?

can 2 iPhone share data by tapping the 2 devices together? is there an app for that?

can you launch apps from the lock screen on an iPhone? is there an app for that?

can you run widgets on your lock screen AND your home screen? is there an app for that?

I could go on and on all day long with a list of things you cannot do on an iPhone--even a jailbroken iPhone that STOCK Android can do with ease.

oh really?

iOS 6.1 Exploit Lets Users Bypass Passcode Security | TechnoBuffalo (after a few "fixes" this problem still exists)

iOS Apps Pose Larger Privacy Risk Than Android Apps, Study Reveals | Redmond Pie

iPhone Found To Be More Vulnerable Than Windows Phone, BlackBerry And Android Smartphones, According To New Report | Redmond Pie

like Siri was an app then it became the main selling point of a new iPhone that took 16 or 18 months to come to market.
    Which of those besides NFC (which is stupid IMO, I don't wanna touch my phone with anyone else's, I'd rather use a marvelous invention called wireless) can my jail broken iPhone 5 not do? Name it and i'll show you screenshots/videos proving you wrong.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

wrussell1989 (05-04-2013)

GG. These replies show that apple fans are jealous of Android. How to avoid malware? Don't watch pr0n or click phishy links. Problem solved. iOS is too limited compared to Android. And don't forget custom ROMs. Any custom ROM destroys iOS in terms of performance and capability.

oh really?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    i love coming here and reading the comments of people who have no clue what they are talking about

8. The Following User Says Thank You to jayday84 For This Useful Post:

buggsy2 (05-04-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Colwood's Avatar
    Thanks

Sfvhhgfa
    Last edited by Colwood; 05-04-2013 at 06:11 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me buggsy2's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tehfinalhack View Post
    Cos it runs iOS rather than the malware cesspool alternative (android)
    "Malware cesspool" complaint about android, posted on Modmyi (jailbreak)?!?

Quote Originally Posted by gallionator View Post
    I just don't get why they keep showcasing features as if someone with an iPhone couldnt do it with an app from the app store or cydia. Like controlling your tv, making that picture of the guy on the diving board, waving to answer a phone.. That's all software stuff that is possible on an iPhone.
    Tasker and Wave Control are two apps that nothing in the app store or Cydia allow you to do. Both work on unrooted Android devices.

Quote Originally Posted by jayday84 View Post
    i love coming here and reading the comments of people who have no clue what they are talking about
    Me too haha. I was iPhone for 5 years, then I picked up a note 2 and threw my iPhone 4 out the window. I still love my iPad but when this thing is blocked out from iOS 7 or 8, it is also being thrown out the window for a Samsung Note 10.1 or something.

Who cares about the commercial... Geekbench on iPhone 5 1600-1800. Geekbench on S4 (before modifying) is 3300, and with modifying (overclocking, because Android allows that) I can get it up to 4000.

I think apple just got shat on for the 3rd year in a row (since s3 was released).

iOS 7 will make or break Apple, because if they seriously just add a dumb facebook/twitter widget in notification center and call it iOS 7, it is really going to suck again.

oh really?

Yes, an iPhone can do most of those things. Granted, the majority of those require a jailbreak. I think the better question to ask is will a casual user even care to use those "features"? I don't need my phone to scroll for me when I'm reading. And who cares if my phone can unlock by seeing my face or hearing my voice. Again, I can just as easily swipe on my own. Typical android bloatware. Enjoy your 4 hours of battery life just so you can have "features" that will never be used unless you're trying to impress your friends.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to wrussell1989 For This Useful Post:

vinaygoel2000 (05-05-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yatezy View Post
    Tasker and Wave Control are two apps that nothing in the app store or Cydia allow you to do. Both work on unrooted Android devices.
    There's a reason wave control isn't in cydia or apple hasn't implemented it (could never be in app store), it's a step backward. You are waving above your phone basically trying to get the proximity sensor to notice different things, it's slow and just plain silly. Much faster to touch or swipe screen to control music and other things. Same argument can be said against the S4's new eye scroll and look away pause gimmicks features. Don't get me wrong, Apple is king of gimmicks, Siri being top one in my book.
    As for tasker, between Flex and batterydoctorpro pretty sure most of what tasker can do can be replicated on iPhone.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

vinaygoel2000 (05-05-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone ugshotgun's Avatar
    Thanks

I just traded in my iPhone 5 for an HTC ONE. I'm so happy I made that choice, because now I have the best of both worlds. I still have a 4S as a company phone, and an iPad 2. Each one of them offer something the other doesn't. I must admit though, that all the bad things I said about android prior to buying the HTC, I have to take back, I'm really becoming a fan of android systems. Some will say its not as safe, well, I'm a computer nut as well and am quite familiar with running background processes and things that look suspicious; that along with bitdefender as a back up on the android, I feel pretty safe..... as safe as I did with a jailbroken iPhone 5!! :-)

Back on topic...sorry! I was not impressed with the Samsung GS4; it felt cheap in my hand and had 10,000 apps, that I'll never use. I have a friend that has one, and comparing his to my HTC ONE, well, as I said, I'm not impressed with the GS4.
    Last edited by ugshotgun; 05-05-2013 at 08:36 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ugshotgun View Post
    I just traded in my iPhone 5 for an HTC ONE. I'm so happy I made that choice, because now I have the best of both worlds. I still have a 4S as a company phone, and an iPad 2. Each one of them offer something the other doesn't. I must admit though, that all the bad things I said about android prior to buying the HTC, I have to take back, I'm really becoming a fan of android systems. Some will say its not as safe, well, I'm a computer nut as well and am quite familiar with running background processes and things that look suspicious; that along with bitdefender as a back up on the android, I feel pretty safe..... as safe as I did with a jailbroken iPhone 5!! :-)

Back on topic...sorry! I was not impressed with the Samsung GS4; it felt cheap in my hand and had 10,000 apps, that I'll never use. I have a friend that has one, and comparing his to my HTC ONE, well, as I said, I'm not impressed with the GS4.
    The HTC one is a sexy looking phone. I'd choose that over an S4 anyday.

Quote Originally Posted by wrussell1989 View Post
    Yes, an iPhone can do most of those things. Granted, the majority of those require a jailbreak. I think the better question to ask is will a casual user even care to use those "features"? I don't need my phone to scroll for me when I'm reading. And who cares if my phone can unlock by seeing my face or hearing my voice. Again, I can just as easily swipe on my own. Typical android bloatware. Enjoy your 4 hours of battery life just so you can have "features" that will never be used unless you're trying to impress your friends.
    Hmm... iphones have no way to make the most out of hardware. Android does, with custom ROMs. A custom ROM destroys iOS in overall performance. iOS gives you limited customizability. It's such a hassle just to get custom sounds for iOS! Plus, you have to connect to iTunes if you wanna sync or transfer anything. Android keeps it simple, it's just like a USB drive. There's nothing as powerful as Tasker on iOS. Also, the auto-correct is a terrible feature. Android has swiftkey, a much more advanced keyboard than iOS. iOS doesn't even have a proper n64 or psx emulator!

Also, downplaying Android's extra features isn't helping your cause at all. Basically, you're jealous of all of the extras Android has.

Lol funny thing is all these features people keep listing such as waving your hand over your phone to do stuff or auto scrolling these are NOT features of android. To my knowledge these are features of samsungs touchwiz and the second you flash your custom rom you lose all these functions.

My personal opinion is they are all a gimmick. They are good to get people in the door and fun to play around with for a while.

Kinda like Siri. I love Siri but hardly use it. However apple glorified it for all its gimmicky features that no one really uses it for.

At the end of the day "the next best thing" came out already. The s4 is a hardware upgrade. Most likely all these swipe features will be available on the s3

oh really?

You forgot one :

Cheap plastic feel. Is there an app for that?
    Last edited by subywrex; 05-05-2013 at 03:44 PM.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to subywrex For This Useful Post:

iamgrunge (05-05-2013), vinaygoel2000 (05-05-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lildimsum7 View Post
    Hmm... iphones have no way to make the most out of hardware. Android does, with custom ROMs. A custom ROM destroys iOS in overall performance. iOS gives you limited customizability. It's such a hassle just to get custom sounds for iOS! Plus, you have to connect to iTunes if you wanna sync or transfer anything. Android keeps it simple, it's just like a USB drive. There's nothing as powerful as Tasker on iOS. Also, the auto-correct is a terrible feature. Android has swiftkey, a much more advanced keyboard than iOS. iOS doesn't even have a proper n64 or psx emulator!

Also, downplaying Android's extra features isn't helping your cause at all. Basically, you're jealous of all of the extras Android has.
    Limited customizability? Stock sure. Jailbroken, FAR from it. Check out the theme section and you will see that you couldn't be more wrong.
    Or just check videos from my own iPhone:

And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I love my iphone, have the ip4, haven't upgraded, don't really see the point, oboy no Siri, that's ok I'll deal with it! I'm waiting to see what's on the ip6, and ios7 if something WOWS me then I will buy a upgrade if not then no, messed with the new windows phone, a bit different but I like it, and I've used a s3 and liked it, so in other words If apple don't do something SOON to wow me, I'm just gonna get a upgrade and use this as a backup or switch up!
    - Things I have Jailbroken -
    iphone 3g 8gb
    iphone 4 32gb
    Ipad 1st gen 16gb

- Add me on twitter -
    - Mr_wilson1991 -

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Limited customizability? Stock sure. Jailbroken, FAR from it. Check out the theme section and you will see that you couldn't be more wrong.
    Or just check videos from my own iPhone:

And that's just the tip of the iceberg.
    @Modmyi: I'm no developer but how hard could it be to embed a YouTube video that plays on this ModMyi app.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
    @Modmyi: I'm no developer but how hard could it be to embed a YouTube video that plays on this ModMyi app.
    How's this?
    Normally I put the mobile link too when I post YouTube links, I was just being lazy earlier lol.

YouTube Video

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast