+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: US Cellular to Offer Coverage of Apple Devices

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Apple and US Cellular have reached an agreement enabling the carrier to offer Apple products on its network before the end of 2013, an announcement today confirmed. "We continued to
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,475 Times in 562 Posts

Default US Cellular to Offer Coverage of Apple Devices

Apple and US Cellular have reached an agreement enabling the carrier to offer Apple products on its network before the end of 2013, an announcement today confirmed.

"We continued to expand our 4G LTE network and encourage customers to migrate, which has helped us further increase smartphone penetration and shift more customers to 4G LTE," Mary Dillon, U.S. Cellular president and CEO, announced Friday, referencing her network's growth during the past quarter. "We have a number of strategies in progress to increase loyalty and attract more customers, including our announcement today that we will begin offering Apple products later this year."

The announcement did not specify which products in the Apple family would be carried by US Cellular, but the agreement will all but certainly include the iPhone and iPad. Regardless of the full scope of the partnership, the deal with Apple and US Cellular represents a huge boost for the carrier.

"We're supporting this growth by bringing 4G LTE to 87 percent of our customers in 2013, and increasing our network capacity," Dillon says. "In our core markets, 4G LTE smartphones were 76 percent of smartphones sold in the quarter, while smartphones overall were 62 percent of devices sold. We recently launched the 4G LTE Samsung Galaxy S4, and we have more devices to come throughout the year."

Source: US Cellular

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

Glad to see another carrier offering coverage of Apples devices

"Always remember your special and unique!"

My iPhone is a Part of Me GrandMstrBud's Avatar
    Thanks

Not sure if I'd give up my S4 for an iPhone even though I have awesome LTE where I'm at on US Cellular

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Way to use the word "Penetration" Mary Dillon....