+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'ProTube Extension for YouTube' Updated With Download Acceleration, More Cool Stuff

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
ProTube Extension for YouTube, a popular add-on for the YouTube application by Google that includes features for Power Users by iOS developer Jonas Gessner , has received an update to
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default 'ProTube Extension for YouTube' Updated With Download Acceleration, More Cool Stuff

ProTube Extension for YouTube, a popular add-on for the YouTube application by Google that includes features for Power Users by iOS developer Jonas Gessner, has received an update to version 2.1. The update adds some exciting new features including:

• Download acceleration that can increase download speeds by up to 4x
    • An improved playback scrubber that allows for fine scrub adjustments
    • Support for lock screen and App Switcher music controls
    • Improved tap and hold to download videos
    • Several bug fixes and improvements

ProTube Extension for YouTube was updated to version 2.0 not even two weeks ago with some additional cool features including background playback, Bridge integration, Video restriction bypassing, and more.

Existing users of ProTube Extension for YouTube will find the update in Cydia for free. If you don’t own ProTube Extension for YouTube yet and are excited to get your hands on it for the first time, you can grab it from Cydia’s BigBoss repository for only $1.99. The tweak is compatible with both iOS 5 and iOS 6.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,058 Times in 1,444 Posts

And it still doesn't work for me Maxner and I have tried to find the problem, but he gave up on me At least now it seems to DL 1kb of any vid before stopping, so that's 1 more than before. Should be able to get a full vid after a few more thousand updates lol.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Streaming too?

My iPhone is a Part of Me PokemonDesigner's Avatar
    Thanks

Does it not work with Auxo, Music Controls 6.0+, and Subtle Lock for anyone else? The background playback buttons that is.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Hopefully ProTube proper (and ProTube HD) will get these updates soon?!

My iPhone is a Part of Me fanboyfanboy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonDesigner View Post
    Does it not work with Auxo, Music Controls 6.0+, and Subtle Lock for anyone else? The background playback buttons that is.
    It plays in the background for me? I have Auxo and MCP+ 6. Even starts playing if I lock the screen when it's still loading. Although I have it forced background with MCP+ so I don't know if its protube or MCP+ that's doing the back grounding