+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'StartToNow' Makes it So Google Now Becomes the Start Page of the Google Search App

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default 'StartToNow' Makes it So Google Now Becomes the Start Page of the Google Search App

The popular Google Search application was updated Monday with support for the Google Now feature. Many iOS users have embraced the new feature for its usefulness, but wouldn’t it be nice if Google Now became the start page of the Google Search application instead of having to swipe up after opening the Google Search application to view the Google Now interface?

A new free jailbreak tweak called StartToNow by iOS developer Max Katzmann makes it so that Google Now is the first thing you see when you launch the Google Search application. This is a nice way to get started in the Google Search application, because it feels like a highly interactive home screen from right inside of the application.

The tweak comes with a preferences pane in the Settings application where you can enable and disable the feature:

Notably, Google Now will not open automatically if you have initiated a search in the Google Search application and closed the application without closing the search. This is a safety feature to keep you from losing your spot in your search when you get back to the application.

StartToNow is available for free right now in Cydia's BigBoss repository if you're interested in making Google Now your new Google Search home page. You must have the latest version (3.0) of the Google Search application installed on your device to take advantage of this jailbreak tweak.

Name: StartToNow
    Price: FREE
    Version: 0.0.1-12
    Requirements: Google Search 3.0
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Max Katzmann
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I really like this tweak, I combined with a swipe up on homescreen activator action for launching and nownow for voice search to immitate how android implements it

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Very nice tweak. I ended up setting up an activator to open google search, which makes this tweak awesome.. Only enhancement I would request would be for the "show more cards" to be initiated on start up as well..

My iPhone is a Part of Me JazJon's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm waiting for a tweak that let's certain things asked via Siri be sent to Google Now instead. (bets of both worlds via voice commands)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to JazJon For This Useful Post:

buggsy2 (05-06-2013)