+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'QuickCompose' Lets You Easily Compose Texts, E-mails, and Tweets

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default 'QuickCompose' Lets You Easily Compose Texts, E-mails, and Tweets

Looking for that useful quick-composition widget for notification center? A new free notification center add-on called QuickCompose by iOS developer Dylan Kelly lets you do just that. The add-on supports text messaging, creating e-mails, and even composing Tweets. QuickCompose is nice because it's an all-on-one widget solution and gives you an easy way to get in touch with people.

Tapping on the individual buttons brings up the composition interfaces you would expect the Tap to Text button opens the Messages application with a blank text message form, the Tap to Email button opens the Mail application with a blank e-mail form, and the Tap to Tweet button opens iOS' built-in Twitter sheet:

In case you were wondering, the Tap to Text button is fully compatible with biteSMS.

QuickCompose can be enabled or disabled at any time by dragging it in or out of the Notification Center section of the Notifications preferences pane in the Settings application:

QuickCompose works with both iOS 5 and iOS 6. For best results, we recommend disabling the iOS 6 share widget so that the Twitter button isn't repeated twice. If you'd like to give it a try, it's available in Cydia's BigBoss repository for free.

Name: QuickCompose
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.2
    Requirements: iOS 5+
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Dylan Kelly
    Editor's Rating:  4/5

Thanks

Installed now my settings app crashes. How to fix? removed and tested and reinstalled and no matter what, my settings crashes.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sideous View Post
    Installed now my settings app crashes. How to fix? removed and tested and reinstalled and no matter what, my settings crashes.
    Reboot your iphone?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Update
    I have updated the tweak, now with a preference bundle which also fixes this specific issue.