Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'LSMusicSeek' Replaces the Lock Screen Volume Slider With a Music Scrubber

Default 'LSMusicSeek' Replaces the Lock Screen Volume Slider With a Music Scrubber

Last month we showed you a jailbreak tweak called LSScrubbing that added a music scrubber to the lock screen so you can scrub through music from the lock screen without having to unlock the device... unfortunately, it had a rather steep price tag. A similar jailbreak tweak is now available in Cydia for free called LSMusicSeek by iOS developer arthur_choung.

The main difference we found between the two tweaks is that LSScrubbing lets you have both a volume slider and a music scrubber on the lock screen, while LSMusicSeek replaces the lock screen volume slider with a music scrubber outright, as shown above.

LSMusicSeek gives the lock screen a much more stock appearance than LSScrubbing does. If you can deal with using the volume buttons instead of a lock screen volume slider, then the tweak might be worth checking out. Notably, the tweak only works with the stock Music application, and not with third-party music applications like Spotify, Pandora, or Grooveshark.

If you're interested in giving LSMusicSeek a try, you will find it for free in Cydia's ModMyi repository. The tweak doesn't come with any options to configure.

Name: LSMusicSeek
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0.0
    Repo: ModMyi
    Developer: arthur_choung
    Editor's Rating:  4/5

Any way you could make this with both?

This causes my phone to lock up when playing podcasts. Anybody else have this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by ca3sar View Post
    Any way you could make this with both?
    Check LSScrubbing.

I needed this so bad

iPhone 4s, iOS 5.1.1. Works great. I've wanted a tweak like this for a long time!

This messed up pretty badly with iFile. Otherwise it's an awesome tweak that I hope to use soon.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyZ83 View Post
    This causes my phone to lock up when playing podcasts. Anybody else have this issue?
    I am having the same issue.

I think it'd be cool to do this with the app switcher. I don't personally feel a need for either though.

Thanks

i wish we had both of these tweaks put together, as in I wish i had both volume and time slider, but the time slider should be under the volume slider, not above. I wish this was an option in one of these tweaks...

Doesn't work on my 4S.