+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Report: Engineers Scrambling to Finish iOS 7

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by GnatGoSplat I'm anxious too. How iOS 7 looks is going to determine whether I stay with iOS or jump ship. I really hate the flat UI of
    iPhone? More like MyPhone andygev35's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GnatGoSplat View Post
    I'm anxious too. How iOS 7 looks is going to determine whether I stay with iOS or jump ship. I really hate the flat UI of Windows Phone 8 and Windows 8. If iOS 7 is going to emulate that look, I won't like it one bit.
    I can't see Apple emulating anyone's look. That would go against everything Jony Ive stands for.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by andygev35 View Post
    I can't see Apple emulating anyone's look. That would go against everything Jony Ive stands for.
    I hope you're right, though articles like this make me wonder:
    Apple iOS 7 May Sport 'Very Flat' Look Like Windows Phone
    I hope that rumor turns out to be untrue, because I personally love gloss, shine, transparencies, and a pretty UI. Young people may think the flat design is fresh and new. Maybe because I'm older and grew up with flat UIs like Windows 3.1, Windows 95, 98, etc. which were flat because of limited graphics capability, not because it looked good. So to me, the flat look is more old school and primitive.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cockyjeremy View Post
    Who knows, it might be jailbroken soon after launch. They could find an exploit in the iOS 7 beta and have it about ready to go upon release.
    With a complete redesign, it would only make sense for them not to release a jb for the beta until many expected bugs are worked out. Frankly it must be tough for apple because the public expects too much too soon and our expectations are way too high. The pressure for innovation must be enormously stressful. Society today is way too hard to please in my opinion.

Thanks

The look is what I'm mostly looking forward to as well.
    Last edited by brownlace; 05-07-2013 at 09:23 PM.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12