+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Tennis Icon Serves Up Some Galaxy S4 Love From His iPhone

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by jOnGarrett slumping sales, stock value nearly half of what it was 6 months ago., world wide market share now below 20%., no new ideas., phone specs years
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    slumping sales, stock value nearly half of what it was 6 months ago., world wide market share now below 20%., no new ideas., phone specs years behind the competition., a stale and boring OS that works the same today as it did 6 years ago.
    LOL more fluff from our local fandroid...

iPhone? More like MyPhone 5kylar's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Huh? You can change the icons in your dock on android.
    Oh. I looked all over mine and couldn't find a way. I had an S2x Then it got wet in a storm and I bought an iPhone :P Anyhow the rest of my previous statement remains true
    Last edited by 5kylar; 05-05-2013 at 08:52 AM.
    iPhone 5c - iOS 7.0.4 Jailbroken

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 5kylar View Post
    Maybe in your world. Droids are great if you like s**** appstores, no way to choose the icons in your dock, cheaply built phones that can't withstand a 5ft drop without LCD damage, and a totally unsecured OS that leads to loads of invisible mobile malware mainly geared around unauthorized information collection and tracking. Ya your right, Android's are great
    What's wrong with Google's appstore? they have the same things Apple has, and more! they have emulators, swiftkey, and tasker! you don't find anything as powerful as Tasker on iOS. And what do you mean there's "no way to choose the icons in your dock"? the dock works the same way as iOS, but even better because it's an infinidock! and have you seen the HTC One? it's a much better build than the iPhone 5. How is Android unsecured? I don't watch pr0n or download phishy crap, so I wouldn't know anything about malware. it's not like the malware magically appears only on androids...
    there's way more benefits to Android. Android has Tasker and Swiftkey. they have superior customizability. it has a built-in browser downloader, something safari lacks. it has a better notification center. and i don't have to convert my movies every time i transfer to my device! Apple is too strict with format compatibility. with Apple, you HAVE to convert to mp4, and flac to alac. not something i worry about with Android. plus i dont have to go through the crappy iTunes each time i wanna transfer files or backup; i have direct access to my folders.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,120 Times in 6,945 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lildimsum7 View Post
    What's wrong with Google's appstore? they have the same things Apple has, and more! they have emulators, swiftkey, and tasker! you don't find anything as powerful as Tasker on iOS. And what do you mean there's "no way to choose the icons in your dock"? the dock works the same way as iOS, but even better because it's an infinidock! and have you seen the HTC One? it's a much better build than the iPhone 5. How is Android unsecured? I don't watch pr0n or download phishy crap, so I wouldn't know anything about malware. it's not like the malware magically appears only on androids...
    there's way more benefits to Android. Android has Tasker and Swiftkey. they have superior customizability. it has a built-in browser downloader, something safari lacks. it has a better notification center. and i don't have to convert my movies every time i transfer to my device! Apple is too strict with format compatibility. with Apple, you HAVE to convert to mp4, and flac to alac. not something i worry about with Android. plus i dont have to go through the crappy iTunes each time i wanna transfer files or backup; i have direct access to my folders.
    I consider iTunes a positive not a negative. I have a much easier time getting the media I want on my iPhone than I do on my Nexus.
    All that other stuff you talk about is fixed with 1 simple thing: jailbreak
    Before my iPhone 5 was jailbroken I had more fun playing with my Nexus. Other way around now, sky is the limit with a jailbroken iPhone 5.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

5kylar (05-05-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't this more or less an Apple based site dedicated as the name tells you, to modify your idevice?
    So why are all these people with their fancy schmancy Androids reading the news on here too and even better, why do they feel the urge to specify why their device is better than an Apple device?
    Help me out here...

Thanks
    Thanked 15,120 Times in 6,945 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by elprincipe View Post
    Correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't this more or less an Apple based site dedicated as the name tells you, to modify your idevice?
    So why are all these people with their fancy schmancy Androids reading the news on here too and even better, why do they feel the urge to specify why their device is better than an Apple device?
    Help me out here...
    Maybe they feel they need to justify their choice. Makes me wonder if they are that happy with it. I have both, use both and don't feel the need to put either one down. I just enjoy them both for what they are.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by elprincipe View Post
    Help me out here...

many here like myself still have a knock around iPhone so we come here either for the humor, jailbreak news or both.

iPhone? More like MyPhone 5kylar's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lildimsum7 View Post
    Well that's your opinion. I didn't know about the dock (note my comment above the one I'm quoting) Anything in Google Play that you can't get off Apple's store you can obtain in Cydia. And let's face it if you aren't jailbreaking your iPhone when you can your an idiot lol. I play avi's on my iphone and ipod all the time so no, iPhone users don't have to convert all their movies into s***p4's. And I totally agree with Simon, iTunes (even being the pain in the @$$ it is) still trumps Kies or whatever that stupid heavy-@$$ program was I had to install to transfer media to my old Galaxy S2x. Also Androids can't even survive 4ft drops without LCD damage half the time... iPhone's can survive 6ft drops multiple times and only get corner scratches and dents
    Last edited by 5kylar; 05-05-2013 at 08:56 AM.
    iPhone 5c - iOS 7.0.4 Jailbroken

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12