+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T Enables 4G LTE in Fifteen More Locations

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Slowly, but surely, AT&T has been increasing the scope of its ultra-fast 4G LTE cellular network. Just a couple of months ago, AT&T brought 4G LTE to three new locations
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default AT&T Enables 4G LTE in Fifteeen More Locations

Slowly, but surely, AT&T has been increasing the scope of its ultra-fast 4G LTE cellular network. Just a couple of months ago, AT&T brought 4G LTE to three new locations and expanded its 4G LTE coverage in three other locations.

AT&T has Tuesday enabled its ultra-fast 4G LTE network in an impressive fifteen new locations. The fifteen lucky new locations are:

• Athens, Texas
    • Chattanooga, Tennessee
    • Corsicana, Texas
    • Gulfport, Mississippi
    • Henderson, North Carolina
    • Huntsville, Texas
    • Huntsville, Alabama
    • Lake City, Florida
    • Lansing, Michigan
    • Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
    • Mountain Home, Arkansas
    • Nacogdoches-Lufkim ,Texas
    • Ocala, Florida
    • Paris, Texas
    • Shreveport Louisiana
    • Tucson, Arizona

4G LTE offers a theoretical download speed of about 100Mb/s; however, due to the unfortunate realities of network congestion, the download speeds on 4G LTE are closer to 20-60Mb/s. Many of Apple's latest devices, including the iPhone 5, iPad Mini, and iPad with retina display can take advantage of 4G LTE data speeds.

AT&T will be continuing to build upon its 4G LTE coverage throughout the year. We will continue to keep you updated on its progress.

Are you located in any of the new locations that received 4G LTE coverage today?

Sources: AT&T

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

pinkeye (05-01-2013), zplit (04-30-2013)

Thanks

I just need them to expand the current LTE area which is less than 5 miles from my house. At my house I barely get any service.

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,328 Times in 722 Posts

Lte is nuts. Always used 4g a whole month and use 2.5-3gb out if 5. At the end of my month I was at 3Gb and had late for a whole day and used up 2Gbs in 8 hours. Either AT&T needs to put out a larger cap limit or lte just isn't worth it

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    Lte is nuts. Always used 4g a whole month and use 2.5-3gb out if 5. At the end of my month I was at 3Gb and had late for a whole day and used up 2Gbs in 8 hours. Either AT&T needs to put out a larger cap limit or lte just isn't worth it
    I love LTE.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

vinaygoel2000 (04-30-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone mbeezy81's Avatar
    Thanks

??? Didn't quite understand the first part, but LTE is great..you use the same amount of data as 3G..just displays faster on your phone which urges you to browse more..the discipline is on you...

My iPhone is a Part of Me wolverinemarky's Avatar
    Thanks

live 15 minutes from mountain home unfortunately the LTE dont reach me ugh lol. wishing AT&T can just blanket their whole 3G networkd with 4G my grandfathered unlimited data is begging to be burned through

iPhone? More like MyPhone therandy's Avatar
    Thanks

Awe yeah...Ocala, FL. Blazing fast!!! It's about time! Down:35.3Mbs Up:7.2Mbs

My iPhone is a Part of Me hogcia's Avatar
    Thanks

Lte is overrated. Sorry folks

11. The Following User Says Thank You to hogcia For This Useful Post:

Silverado1987 (04-30-2013)

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,328 Times in 722 Posts

Seriously who has enough money to spend on data to use LTE a whole month?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by slim.jim View Post
    I just need them to expand the current LTE area which is less than 5 miles from my house. At my house I barely get any service.
    When they finally did this to reach my home (Newnan, GA in the Atlanta Greater Metro Area), it didn't show up in any of these regular announcements. *shrug*

Thanks

People on grandfathered data plans

Green Apple
    Thanks

LTE??? I barely got 3g in my area. But all the cities are boasting 4g. It would be nice if they could upgrade the crappy Edge network to a basic 3G as the new minimum.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Checksum47 View Post
    LTE??? I barely got 3g in my area. But all the cities are boasting 4g. It would be nice if they could upgrade the crappy Edge network to a basic 3G as the new minimum.
    Me2 I'm like in a dead spot I now have LTE 15 minutes away and solid 3G 3 minutes away while I barely have 1 or 2 bars at home. It's a bit frustrating.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hogcia View Post
    Lte is overrated. Sorry folks
    Why is that? Nothing else comes close.

It's not like LTE eats more data than any other cellular radio. It's an illusion that occurs because you can get more done on LTE in a period of time than you can on a slower cellular radio. The idea behind it is to get things done faster, and not necessarily to do more than you normally would on a slower cellular radio to fill a gap of empty time .

If capped data plans aren't filling someone's needs, there are unlimited data plan options out there.
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 05-01-2013 at 12:28 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Frankfort, KY got LTE turned on today. My iPhone 5 was acting horrible this morning and then around noon the LTE letters appeared at the top. This city wasn't on an upgrade list. Sure hope other Central Kentucky cities unexpectedly get this perk too. I live about 5 miles from the LTE signal in Lexington... so close, but no cigar! Ugh!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Why is that? Nothing else comes close.

It's not like LTE eats more data than any other cellular radio. It's an illusion that occurs because you can get more done on LTE in a period of time than you can on a slower cellular radio. The idea behind it is to get things done faster, and not necessarily to do more than you normally would on a slower cellular radio to fill a gap of empty time .

If capped data plans aren't filling someone's needs, there are unlimited data plan options out there.
    When streaming video the resolution is dependent on network connection speed. Therefore with LTE, video streamers are streaming much more data in high res video. You dig?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SergeantMAC View Post
    When streaming video the resolution is dependent on network connection speed. Therefore with LTE, video streamers are streaming much more data in high res video. You dig?
    That depends on the streaming service. Many streaming services don't like to go auto-high quality on cellular networks.

Thanks

Default 4g lte
    I just noticed that 4G LTE finally got turned on in my city today. Oxnard, CA has not been on any list of LTE locations, but I can confirm that it is up and running here. I'm sure it's on in Ventura as well.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Youngstown, Ohio was just rolled out on 4/30 and I love it. Better update that list.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Colby21 View Post
    Youngstown, Ohio was just rolled out on 4/30 and I love it. Better update that list.
    This isn't the only list. This was an update to a previous list that had 80 new LTE markets on it.