Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: CEO of BlackBerry Expecting "Tens of Millions" of Q10 Unit Sales

Thanks

Default CEO of BlackBerry Expecting "Tens of Millions" of Q10 Unit Sales

Blackberry CEO Thorsten Heins recently claims that the company expects to sell ‘tens of millions’ of its new device, the Q10. According to Heins, the trend is likely to continue as the company shifts and prepares to tap into an installed user base.

The Q10 is the first major smartphone in recent memory to have a physical keyboard and has been praised by reviewers for its keyboard and respectable battery life. The new device officially went on sale in the UK on Monday, and the sales performance appears to be high and successful. The successful launch led to an almost 4% stock price spike in New York, with shares at $15.61; the highest since March 21.

Heins spoke with Bloomberg Television in Los Angeles during the Milken Institute conference- during the interview he stated:

We have very, very good first signs already after the launch in the UK. This is going into the installed base of more than 70 million BlackBerry users so we have quite some expectations. We expect several tens of million of units.
    Blackberry is relying on the BB10 mobile platform to restore revenues after Apple’s iPhone and Android-based smartphones pushed once popular company to the side. With Apple launching its new generation iPhone later this year, do you think it's possible for Blackberry to reclaim the throne in the smartphone market?

Source: Bloomberg

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

No they will never reclaim the throne but they can still make billions of dollars. Who says you have to always be on top ?

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,758 Times in 754 Posts

Think they have there expectations set to high LOL. Too late in the game and especially with all the government agencies dropping BB like a habit to iDevices. Goodluck!!

Definitely want to know what crack he's smoking. Tens of millions? Likely not unless they start giving them away as a free device at carriers. BB is irrelevant in the market, even after BB10.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to stulaw11 For This Useful Post:

vinaygoel2000 (04-30-2013)

If they're going to sell tens of millions of Q10's. I'm going to own Apple before the year is over. See I can make crazy statements too.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to fanboyfanboy For This Useful Post:

Mohit555 (04-30-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by kosher1 View Post
    No they will never reclaim the throne but they can still make billions of dollars. Who says you have to always be on top ?
    BlackBerry to go bankrupt!
    "Don't hold it like that!"

... and i am expecting an brand new aircraft carrier (nimtz class, of course) end of this decade^^ /dream off

Thanks

In related news, Bigfoot has been captured!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to slim.jim For This Useful Post:

vinaygoel2000 (04-30-2013)

They can sell as many as they want. What really matters is how many returns are they going to have? Will they have the same 50% return rate as the Z10?

Is this the same guy that said tablets won't exist in 5 years and that he expects Blackberr to be a leader in mobile?

Thanks

He must be high. Or drunk. Or both.

Thanks

He's Irrelevant, the fact that he's Blind to it makes it laughable, BB is a Good Phone but not as good as Apple or Samsung. He's trying to walk tall & carry a Small Stick.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AKCHRIS View Post
    He's Irrelevant, the fact that he's Blind to it makes it laughable, BB is a Good Phone but not as good as Apple or Samsung. He's trying to walk tall & carry a Small Stick.
    I also believe his sales prediction is to say the least, quite dreamy...But I don't blame him for saying it, nor do I think he is blind to anything. He's promoting his product, and this is the technique he is using. Perhaps cell phones will mimic fashion...If you would have told me in 2000 that I, and everyone else would be wearing skinny jeans...I would have called that crazy too....Guess what I'm saying is...you really never know. And it would be ignorant of us to say that we do.
    Last edited by iLoveWindows&iPhone; 04-30-2013 at 10:37 PM.
    El Zurdo

Quote Originally Posted by fanboyfanboy View Post
    If they're going to sell tens of millions of Q10's. I'm going to own Apple before the year is over. See I can make crazy statements too.
    I'll be VP then..

Quote Originally Posted by elprincipe View Post
    I'll be VP then..
    Sounds good, we can make the iFap