+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Microsoft Bashes Apple and Samsung in New Nokia Lumia Commercial

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    Thanks

Default Microsoft Bashes Apple and Samsung in New Nokia Lumia Commercial

Microsoft’s Windows Phone 8 platform may have just started gaining traction and despite not being a top contender, it hasn’t stopped Microsoft from trying to mock the industry-leading rivals Apple and Samsung in a new commercial touting Nokia’s Lumia 920. Those of you who are interested in the video can take a look at it below:

The commercial, which takes place at a wedding, starts off with wedding attendees snapping pictures of the nuptials on their iPhones and assorted Galaxy devices. One of the guests berates another for blocking the action, causing a fight to start. Apple and Samsung users both start the stereotypical Android vs. Apple arguing until a fight breaks out.
    Although the commercial’s aimed to highlight Nokia’s flagship handset, the Lumia 920, and the Windows Phone 8 platform, the ad draws attention to the fact that both Apple and Samsung have a duopoly in the smartphone sector. Apple and Samsung are essentially the only manufacturers, whose mobile segments are generating profits, capturing 103% of handset profits, when accounting for the losses their competitors have taken.

For those of you who don’t know, Nokia is one of the competitors that has been losing money. The company, which at one point in time used to be atop the cell phone market, has since gone on to massive losses and nose diving market share as Apple’s iPhone and other smartphones have come to dominate. The manufacturer lost $3 billion over the course of 2012 as it struggled to cut costs and reverse its slide. The difficulty in gaining back market share lies within its choice of operating system. Nokia bet large on Microsoft’s Windows Phone platform, sticking with it through Windows Phone 7 and on to the current Windows Phone 8, even delaying the release of its new Lumia handsets until a massive, Microsoft guided-launch event that showed off a line of Windows phone 8 devices.

As of late though, Nokia has been seeing positive signs. Its new line of Windows Phone 8-based Lumia handsets have received generally solid reviews and sales have picked up with the 5.6 million Lumia units moving in the last quarter, up from 4.4 million in the previous quarter. Nokia also seems to be targeting emerging markets with an inexpensive Lumia handset, while the manufacturer is also said to be preparing to release a model on the United Starts largest wireless carrier, Verizon.

Ultimately, we’ll have to wait and see how Nokia continues to fare going forward.

Source: Windows Phone (YouTube)

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Green Apple
    Thanks

I cannot stand using any phone but an Apple iPhone and I think Windows Phones are a joke. Saying that, this commercial was probably the best commercial I've seen all year. Funny and smart. Props to Apple for taking the high road and not fighting back though.

My iPhone is a Part of Me dwizurd's Avatar
    Thanks

I found this to be absolutely hilarious. I'm still not gonna switch, but it was great marketing
    Noobus Majorus thanks are welcome <---

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Umm what.
    If these companies want their phone to be taken seriously, they need to lay off "screen simulated"

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Pretty funny commercial! Though I'm not a big Nokia/Windows Phone fan, this was a good ad! One- trick pony was a good one!

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,057 Times in 1,696 Posts

I had the 920 from launch day til last month and it is a very good phone. The deal killer are the lack of apps IMHO. The hardware is much nicer than my 5 and I miss the screen but that's it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone carlbgc's Avatar
    Thanks

Great ad!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Best commercial of the year award goes to windows phone!

Thanks

The Ad were right ! only 2 out of 100s are using Lumia ! lol

10. The Following User Says Thank You to redmagic For This Useful Post:

Mohit555 (04-30-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

I would have to stop fighting if i switch over to lumia.
    Because then ill have nothing worth fighting for.
    And people will laugh to my face if i say my phone is better than yours.
    Funny ad, but horrible marketing. There is no reason for anyone who watches this ad to switch over to lumia.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,856 Times in 884 Posts

Lol very good!! Haha

My iPhone is a Part of Me bmwraw8482's Avatar
    Thanks

Not going to switch but that was probably the best commercial for a Microsoft/Nokia product in a long time.

On another note... I fiddled with a friends windows phone and it was very user friendly and well laid out. Better than any android I've ever picked up.

iPhone? More like MyPhone holyshnikes's Avatar
    Thanks

The best part was the guy ripping his shirt off showing the apple logo. Haha.

I'm so glad apple doesn't fight with people in the commercials. It makes the other companies look desperate.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default i so agree
    Quote Originally Posted by holyshnikes View Post

I'm so glad apple doesn't fight with people in the commercials. It makes the other companies look desperate.
    The first thought that crossed my mind was that. Microsoft's getting desperate that not many are buying the nokia. I used to love nokia once. what a loss.

Thanks

I honestly think windows phones look terrible but that was actually pretty funny, +1 for MS.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by holyshnikes View Post

Not a fan of windows phones but the dude with the Apple logo on his chest that is definitely a hard core apple fan

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Why can't you open the you tube links from your Iphone it always gives me an error message and I have to go to you tube manually and search for the video?

Thanks

Funny commercial, they had to go there because they can't say their system is better than Apple's or androids....I can just see the marketing team"well our phone sucks in every category....lets divert the attention from that to the obvious. Still, great to see some sense of humor out there finally. Kudos for not mentioning Blackberry......haha

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jtamasi0530 View Post
    Why can't you open the you tube links from your Iphone it always gives me an error message and I have to go to you tube manually and search for the video?
    They've noticed this and they usually put iPhone-friendly links up now. They appear as thumbnails. This time it's at the bottom of the article.

iPhone Warranty Voider Faresismail's Avatar
    Thanks

Brase yourselves apple lawsuits are coming...