Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Report: iPhone 5S Preorders Begin June 20th

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,482 Times in 568 Posts

Default Report: iPhone 5S Preorders Begin June 20th

New reports out of Japan are lending further credence to claims that we will get our first look at the iPhone 5S this June, perhaps as Apple's WWDC 2013 gets underway in the early part of the month.

A leaked KDDI document asserts that the refreshed iPhone will become available for preorder on June 20th, with the device reaching consumers in the US, Japan, and elsewhere in July.

In a press release issued earlier this month from Apple, Philip Schiller, Senior VP of Worldwide Marketing, said: "We canít wait to get new versions of iOS and OS X into their hands at WWDC." Nothing was said about the potential unveiling of new hardware. But that doesn't mean Apple won't return to its roots of hardware refreshes at the annual convention.

Tickets for WWDC 2013, which spans June 10 to June 14, sold out in just two minutes last week, making it the fastest sell-out in WWDC history.

Source: Nowhereelse.fr. (via AppleInsider)

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

The rumors get old, there's sooo many of them. Personally I still like to be surprised by the release that Apple does. And for now...they're still just rumors.

just cause Apple decided to release a "S" instead of 6 i'll jump ship to S4!!!!!!!!

If you already have a 5 then there is nothing to see here, and unless IOS 7 is very different to everything before a S4 appears to be a good alternative

Quote Originally Posted by jzhu625 View Post
    just cause Apple decided to release a "S" instead of 6 i'll jump ship to S4!!!!!!!!
    Bye bye

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fanboyfanboy For This Useful Post:

2fast (04-29-2013), MonsIg74 (04-29-2013), Silverado1987 (04-29-2013), vinaygoel2000 (04-29-2013)

I love everyone who says they will jump ship to the S4 because the "5s is just a refresh". What do you think the S4 is? A tweaked and slightly updated S3. Newsflash: refresh.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GibMcfragger For This Useful Post:

primalscream.40 (04-29-2013), Silverado1987 (04-29-2013)

But the s4 is badass

Quote Originally Posted by Gho5t View Post
    But the s4 is badass
    "NOO MAteeee"

It's obvious my 5 can do anything I want with what's under the hood. What could the 5S refresh entail at the most anyway? A better camera perhaps, Or 128GB storage at a huge premium? Possibly a faster CPU, which if your not trying to replace your game console with your phone I'd say its already fast enough. If the screen was a little wider I might consider it, which I seriously doubt the chances of that are as much as them increasing the ram beyond 1GB. Plus lets face the fact that the capabilities will still be short until another jailbreak is released for this model and ios7 which in fact would be released close to 6 months prior to the next gen iPhone. For the first time since 2008 I think I'll pass on this one. What a racket these guys have going....
    I'm not turning into a sheep again this year come June!

this chinese paper with all them Blue, Lime Green, Red and black prints is just as fake as a Gucci shoes. I'll just patiently wait and see what they have in store. But I really wish tho Galaxy SIV didn't run on Android because I'd wudda got one already.

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,761 Times in 754 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GibMcfragger View Post
    I love everyone who says they will jump ship to the S4 because the "5s is just a refresh". What do you think the S4 is? A tweaked and slightly updated S3. Newsflash: refresh.
    Thank You !!!!! +100

Bye dont let the door hit you on the ***** on the way out!!! LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by Gho5t View Post
    But the s4 is badass
    Nope just a refresh with more useless battery hogging futures LMAO YA whatda cheesy presentation too couldn't believe it!!
    Last edited by Carvensno; 04-29-2013 at 04:47 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by flash66 View Post
    It's obvious my 5 can do anything I want with what's under the hood. What could the 5S refresh entail at the most anyway? A better camera perhaps, Or 128GB storage at a huge premium? Possibly a faster CPU, which if your not trying to replace your game console with your phone I'd say its already fast enough. If the screen was a little wider I might consider it, which I seriously doubt the chances of that are as much as them increasing the ram beyond 1GB. Plus lets face the fact that the capabilities will still be short until another jailbreak is released for this model and ios7 which in fact would be released close to 6 months prior to the next gen iPhone. For the first time since 2008 I think I'll pass on this one. What a racket these guys have going....
    I'm not turning into a sheep again this year come June!
    Ok.......see ya!

I agree GibMcfragger and for me I just can't wait for what the next IOS has to offer and if Apple does come with a huge 128GB I wouldn't be surprise because I will grab it ASAP ..... Right now I have an iPhone 5 6.1.2 jailbreak and enjoy every litttle tweaks that Cydia has to offer . Not gonna make another mistake twice upgrading and losing my jailbreak for nearly a year like I did before!!!

no, please don't!!! is there anything that will change your mind? this is AWFUL. just AWFUL. please don't go.

j/k who cares

iPhone? More like MyPhone mbeezy81's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm sure my jailbroken 5 can do anything a 5S will be able to do...no thank you!!

How do you preorder a phone exactly? I'd like to get mine ASAP. Lol. Never had a reason to before this iPhone.

why do you think we care?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I'm holding on to my 4s at the moment because the iPhone 5 was pretty lame as an upgrade. I like my iPhone and with the jailbreak and familiarity with ios, my next phone may be an iPhone as well.

However, nearly all of the phones in AT&T I saw last week had bigger screens and were gorgeous. Apple needs to get on board with an edge to edge screen on the current form factor or a bigger screen overall. Software upgrades would be nice too.

Quote Originally Posted by twitchthecat View Post
    I'm holding on to my 4s at the moment because the iPhone 5 was pretty lame as an upgrade. I like my iPhone and with the jailbreak and familiarity with ios, my next phone may be an iPhone as well.

However, nearly all of the phones in AT&T I saw last week had bigger screens and were gorgeous. Apple needs to get on board with an edge to edge screen on the current form factor or a bigger screen overall. Software upgrades would be nice too.
    That's what I thought, too, until I upgraded from the 4S to the 5. This was anything but a minor upgrade. The experience is incalculably better. I can't stand using my wife's 4S.

that said, I'd be open to change. I don't know much about it, but the HTC One looks pretty sweet.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

didnt modmyi post that the ceo said nothing is coming until fall? what's going on?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast