+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Weekly Tweak Recap April 22 - April 28

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Weekly Tweak Recap April 22 - April 28

In case you've missed out on the new jailbreak tweaks Cydia has seen, this recap will highlight the tweaks we've shown you this week. These are in no specific order.

1. Atom – $1.99

Atom is an awesome new lock screen jailbreak tweak that centralizes six application icon shortcuts around an unlock circle in the center. The new unlock method calls for dragging the circle at the bottom of the lock screen to the center. This is where the name Atom comes from. With a combination of great design and user-friendliness, Atom is a great tweak that’s worth checking out.

2. Accentify – 99¢

Accentify is a new jailbreak tweak that lets you adjust the color scheme of your iOS interface. You can choose any of the pre-set color schemes, or you can create your own. You can even set a different color scheme for individual applications. This is great for customization, and it doesn’t even require WinterBoard!

3. NotesTweak – $1.99

NotesTweak is a great new jailbreak tweak that adds useful new features to the Notes application in iOS, such as the ability to favorite individual notes, upload notes to dropbox, and even add note shortcuts to the home screen just like you can with Safari bookmarks. This tweak is worth checking out if you use the Notes application often.

4. BannerImage – $1.49

BannerImage is a new jailbreak tweak that allows you to set an image as a background for your Notification Banners. The tweak comes with several backgrounds to get you started, but you can also create custom themes for your Notification Banners, which include changing the text color and background of your Notification Banners.

5. PullAll – $1

PullAll is a tweak that brings the iOS 6 Mail application pull to refresh animation to all Web views in iOS. This includes refreshing a Web page in Mobile Safari, refreshing a Web page in Google Chrome, or even refreshing a Web page through the built-in Web browsers of Facebook and Twitter. It’s a nice and simple little touch.

6. FullImage – FREE

FullImage is a simple jailbreak tweak that allows you to maximize the amount that you can zoom into a photograph that is in your Camera Roll. You can set the maximum zoom via the Settings application.

7. CloudLover – FREE

CloudLover makes it easier to get to your iCloud Tabs. You can choose to tap and hold on either the Bookmarks button or the tabs button on the Mobile Safari interface to quickly and easily bring up your iCloud Tabs.

8. Platinum – FREE

Platinum adds a Google Chrome-like autocomplete feature to Mobile Safari, so you can tap on suggestions to update your search query without actually searching for them.

9. WeatherUnderground for Notification Center – FREE

WeatherUnderground for Notification Center is a nice new Notification Center add-on that gives you just a little bit more useful information than Apple’s stock Weather widget. Extra information includes the feels like temperature, wind conditions, and graph data. You will need to create a Weather Underground account and get a free API key to use the widget.

10. FBPrivacy – $1

FBPrivacy is a new jailbreak tweak that gives you additional privacy options while using your Facebook application for iOS. For example, you can keep people from knowing when you read their messages, keep people from knowing when you’re composing a message to them, and much more. This tweak is worth checking out if you're a Facebook for iOS user.

11. BatteryDoctorPro – FREE

BatteryDoctorPro is an awesome new jailbreak tweak that gives you all kinds of information about your device, battery, and lets you control the power settings of your iOS device. Note: Some, not all, are reporting issues with the tweak, so you should install it at your own risk; we weren’t able to reproduce any of the problems.

12. Message Box – FREE

Message Box is an awesome new jailbreak tweak that enables Facebook Chat Heads everywhere in iOS. It’s great for anyone that enjoys the new Facebook Chat Heads feature and chats a lot on Facebook.

13. LSScrubbing – $1.99

LSScrubbing adds a music scrubber to the lock screen so you can easily control where you are in the middle of a song that you like without having to unlock your device to get to the Music application. It fits in with all of the other lock screen music controls very well.

14. Capture View – $1

Capture View is a cool new tweak that allows you to take tall screenshots of scrollable interfaces. This is useful when you don’t want to take multiple screenshots and edit them into one later on.

15. Capture Web – $1

Capture Web is just like Capture View, but it is made for capturing Web pages and saving them to your Camera Roll as tall screenshots.

16. Prime – FREE

Prime colorizes your recent calls list so that you can more easily tell what calls are incoming and outgoing. Incoming calls are blue and outgoing calls are green. Missed calls remain red.

17. Definei – FREE

Definei lets you choose a third-party dictionary service, such as Dictionary.com, to use as the default dictionary that opens up when you go to define a word in iOS.

18. DataChanger – FREE

DataChanger lets you change the 4G indicator in the Status Bar with a 3G indicator. It’s perfect for those that still feel HSPA+ isn’t fast enough to be considered 4G.

19. Emphasize – FREE

Emphasize is Ryan Petrich’s version of the popular Accentify jailbreak tweak – it allows you to apply color schemes to your iOS user interface. It’s a little different in the way that it performs its functions; however, it does most of the basic functionality. Accentify is still the superior tweak in that it has more features and more features are coming soon.

20. LockscreenToggles – 99¢

LockscreenToggles is a new jailbreak tweak that adds useful toggles to the lock screen. You can access them to swiping to the left on the Lock Screen clock. You can then swipe down on the toggles interface to rearrange the order of the toggles as they appear on the lock screen. It’s handy for anyone that needs an easier way to access important features.

21. RemoteTweet – FREE

RemoteTweet adds social sharing options to Apple’s Remote application so you can share on Facebook or Twitter the song information about the currently-playing song.

22. FB Chat Heads Enabler – FREE

FB Chat Heads Enabler is a simple tweak that enables the Chat Heads feature of the Facebook 6.0 application if you haven’t already been able to use the feature. Facebook will be rolling this feature out to everyone automatically within upcoming weeks.

23. Facebook Sticker Enabler – FREE

Facebook Sticker Enabler is a simple tweak that enables Stickers in the Facebook 6.0 application for people that haven’t had the feature enabled for them yet. Facebook will be rolling this feature out to everyone automatically within upcoming weeks.

Stay tuned for next week's Weekly Tweak Recap - only on ModMyi!

If you missed our previous Weekly Tweak Recap, you can view it from this link.

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,608 Times in 667 Posts

Warning right now about 2 of these tweaks/apps to be extremely cautious about. Battery DR pro and Atom! Know of 3 people in a theme thread that have lost there jailbreaks do to these 2 apps. causing issues and having to reboot there phone to find stock apps and jailbreak is gone. 2 of them after rebooting took them to a recovery screen to connect to iTunes and pretty forcing them to restore having to use 6.1.3 update.

My iPhone is a Part of Me thecrunked's Avatar
    Thanks

i've been using atom since it has been released and had no problems so far

iPhone? More like MyPhone ABOSWORTH's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thecrunked View Post
    i've been using atom since it has been released and had no problems so far
    Same here. It's been working well for me.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,852 Times in 883 Posts

Same here. No issues as of yet for me. I have heard warning about atom that has caused some people to not be able to unlock there phone and they restored. But not sure why they would restore for that lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    Same here. No issues as of yet for me. I have heard warning about atom that has caused some people to not be able to unlock there phone and they restored. But not sure why they would restore for that lol
    Because you get locked out of your phone. Then they get into there phone via ifunbox and delete the atom app figuring doing that mean they can get back into there phone. but when they reboot your screwed because when they deleted the app it also modifed the stock system also which now dont work because you deleted atom files.

plus let me add here that using these 2 apps together seems to be a issue.

Look im just trying to warn people of what others are going thru and losing there jailbreaks.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,852 Times in 883 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carvensno View Post
    Because you get locked out of your phone. Then they get into there phone via ifunbox and delete the atom app figuring doing that mean they can get back into there phone. but when they reboot your screwed because when they deleted the app it also modifed the stock system also which now dont work because you deleted atom files.

Look im just trying to warn people of what others are going thru and losing there jailbreaks.
    There are many alternate ways to get into your phone. Think people may panic and not think of alternate ways to get in.

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,384 Times in 5,999 Posts

Anthony, you need to look at iWidgetTapper bud. This is something that is a big deal!
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

iPhone? More like MyPhone redwolf's Avatar
    Thanks

very nice tweaks

iPhone? More like MyPhone WithinTemptationFan's Avatar
    Thanks

Well I have battery doctor pro and atom installed on my iPhone 5 with no issues. Maybe it's something else you have installed that's causing a conflict?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Truckerbear's Avatar
    Thanks

Warning right now about 2 of these tweaks/apps to be extremely cautious about. Battery DR pro and Atom! Know of 3 people in a theme thread that have lost there jailbreaks do to these 2 apps. causing issues and having to reboot there phone to find stock apps and jailbreak is gone. 2 of them after rebooting took them to a recovery screen to connect to iTunes and pretty forcing them to restore having to use 6.1.3 update.
    Complete rubbish post. I run both of these tweaks and they work perfect together. If one does not know how to SSH into their phone and remove an app/tweak then they shouldn't be jailbreaking anyways. No one should ever lose their jailbreak because of an app or tweak just SSH and remove it.
    8 gig iPhone Edge 2G (first day iPhone): UNLKD/JB using bootneuter and blackra1n.
    8 gig iPhone 3G (first day iPhone): UNLKD/JB using Whited00r CFW
    16 gig iPhone 3GS (new bootrom): UNLKD/JB using ultrasn0w/limera1n.
    16 gig Wifi iPad first day iPad JB using greenpois0n.
    32 gig Wifi/3G iPad first day iPad UNLKD/JB using greenpois0n.
    32 gig iPhone 4(first day iPhone): UNLKD/JB using ultrasn0w/greenpois0n
    Apps: 157 installed 25 developed.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WithinTemptationFan View Post
    Well I have battery doctor pro and atom installed on my iPhone 5 with no issues. Maybe it's something else you have installed that's causing a conflict?
    Im not the one with the issues. There others that lost there JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Truckerbear View Post
    Complete rubbish post. I run both of these tweaks and they work perfect together. If one does not know how to SSH into their phone and remove an app/tweak then they shouldn't be jailbreaking anyways. No one should ever lose their jailbreak because of an app or tweak just SSH and remove it.
    YA????? Tell that to the people that have lost there jailbreaks and had to restore!! And these seasoned jailbreakers/vet's not some noobs either!!!
    Last edited by Carvensno; 04-29-2013 at 06:27 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone emmanravalo's Avatar
    Thanks

you're kidding me right... battery doctor pro is already been released over a year now...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Of note: the Weather Underground tweak is the easiest and most thorough way to add weather to an iPad as well.

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by emmanravalo View Post
    you're kidding me right... battery doctor pro is already been released over a year now...
    The English version of the tweak was posted in Cydia's BigBoss repository on April 27, 2013; less than a week ago:

Quote Originally Posted by babygotmac View Post
    Of note: the Weather Underground tweak is the easiest and most thorough way to add weather to an iPad as well.
    Good point. I like the additional features of the Weather Underground widget that Apple's doesn't have.

Thanks

I personally lost my jailbreak after running Battery Doctor Pro. I simply installed and ran the cleaning option. It locked up after 19%. I closed it out and and resprung my phone to shut everything down. When it returned from respring, I was missing almost all of my app icons (stock, D/L'ed) didn't matter. So, I did a reboot and got the spinning circle of death and recovery mode. So be careful with it. I am not sure if there was a tweak contradiction but I am really upset about losing my jailbreak. I was running 6.1 on iphone 5. I was running about 15 other tweaks and a full UI theme. Maybe too much? Idno but it sucks to have a stock iphone.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ABOSWORTH's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brutus View Post
    I personally lost my jailbreak after running Battery Doctor Pro. I simply installed and ran the cleaning option. It locked up after 19%. I closed it out and and resprung my phone to shut everything down. When it returned from respring, I was missing almost all of my app icons (stock, D/L'ed) didn't matter. So, I did a reboot and got the spinning circle of death and recovery mode. So be careful with it. I am not sure if there was a tweak contradiction but I am really upset about losing my jailbreak. I was running 6.1 on iphone 5. I was running about 15 other tweaks and a full UI theme. Maybe too much? Idno but it sucks to have a stock iphone.
    Ugh, that totally sucks man. Sorry to hear that. i wonder if it had something to do with the theme you were running. I know it's too late now but did you try putting it in safe mode and uninstalling the tweak?