Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'Emphasize' is Like a Lite Version of Accentify

Default 'Emphasize' is Like a Lite Version of Accentify

Just this Saturday, iOS developer rms released Accentify. Accentify allowed you to change the color scheme of the iOS user interface, and came with many colors to choose from. Sunday, Accentify received a major update that added a ton of new features, like per-application coloring, a custom color option, and a new Jet Black color.

iOS hacker and developer Ryan Petrich has created his own version of the tweak called Emphasize. It’s a lot like Accentify, although it doesn’t have all of the features that Accentify has as of the latest update. If you have been itching to try Accentify, but are still on the fence about shelling out the 99, you might want to give Emphasize a try and see if you like the feature – Ryan is hosting it for free in his beta repository.

Emphasize is a bare-bones version of Accentify. You get the basic color-changing features, and the ability to set a different color for each application:

Notably, Emphasize doesn’t support the Jet Black color scheme, or the Custom RGB color scheme that Accentify does; however, it's available for free and comes with a decent amount of functionality.

If you want to try Emphasize, add Ryan Petrich’s beta repository by following the steps below:

• tap on the Manage tab
    • tap on the Sources button
    • tap on the Edit button
    • tap on the Add button
    • enter the following URL and then tap Add Source:

PHP Code:
    http://rpetri.ch/repo/ 
    Name: Emphasize
    Price: FREE
    Version: 0.2.1
    Repo: Ryan Petrich's beta repo
    Developer: Ryan Petrich
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 04-29-2013 at 09:55 AM.

Thanks

Haha I detect a hint of mockery. Is the dev of accentify your friend?

iPhone? More like MyPhone The Guz's Avatar
    Thanks

Posted elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by se23 View Post
    Haha I detect a hint of mockery. Is the dev of accentify your friend?
    I totally agree. It's like this article was written for the express purpose of taking shots at Ryan's tweak. I wonder if MMI got paid for this?

Seriously, if there is anyone who should take issue, it's Ryan Petrich. From what I've gathered from other sites' comments, the reason he released Emphasize was because Accentify is a rip-off of his earlier tweak, Color Profiles -- and that he would not have minded so much if Accentify had been free but instead the Dev of Accentify is making money off of a rip-off of his work. So he decided to come up with Emphasize -- "Accentify done right" -- almost as though to say: "well, if you're going to rip me off, at least do it well."

Now, this article pops us here, citing the 'limitations' of Accentify one of which is that it lacks a Jet Black color scheme. Halt the presses! That is such a big deal. Holy cow. JET BLACK!! It's the greatest thing since sliced bread!

Ironically, the Accentify dev is promising tweaks related to Activator, which, coincidentally is another Ryan Petrich tweak.

It almost seems petty and it's a disservice to MMI, which is generally a pretty well-balanced site, editorially-speaking.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jpbl1976 For This Useful Post:

ABOSWORTH (04-29-2013), bankai44 (04-29-2013), bisayakid07 (04-30-2013)

I'd just like to see a flat color overlay option #deathtogradients #everyonerelax

7. The Following User Says Thank You to vcao For This Useful Post:

Pindolol (04-29-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jpbl1976 View Post
    I totally agree. It's like this article was written for the express purpose of taking shots at Ryan's tweak. I wonder if MMI got paid for this?

Seriously, if there is anyone who should take issue, it's Ryan Petrich. From what I've gathered from other sites' comments, the reason he released Emphasize was because Accentify is a rip-off of his earlier tweak, Color Profiles -- and that he would not have minded so much if Accentify had been free but instead the Dev of Accentify is making money off of a rip-off of his work. So he decided to come up with Emphasize -- "Accentify done right" -- almost as though to say: "well, if you're going to rip me off, at least do it well."

Now, this article pops us here, citing the 'limitations' of Accentify one of which is that it lacks a Jet Black color scheme. Halt the presses! That is such a big deal. Holy cow. JET BLACK!! It's the greatest thing since sliced bread!

Ironically, the Accentify dev is promising tweaks related to Activator, which, coincidentally is another Ryan Petrich tweak.

It almost seems petty and it's a disservice to MMI, which is generally a pretty well-balanced site, editorially-speaking.
    Agreed Anthony must be getting paid. This New post didn't pop up until everyone started talking about Emphasize on the other accentify post. Whatever...... business is business but this is just petty. Jet-black vs free! hmmmm let me think

I really don't like how it shows the default color and then flashes to the tweak color. It does this for accentify as well. Unless the app is running in the background and you switch back to it, it's fine but if you clear out the switcher apps and open one, it shows the default color for a second or two. That really is annoying. I'm done with this app and accentify. This is unacceptable for me. lol

Thanks

Hahaaa I know what u mean. I thought it was just me being anal.

iPhone? More like MyPhone iFrosty's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Posted elsewhere.

BAZINGA

No other word can express such awesomeness to that image