+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'LSScrubbing' Lets You Easily Scrub Through Music Via the Lock Screen

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Apple does give you a nice little arsenal of music controls on the lock screen – you get your general skip, previous, play, and pause controls, as well as a
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default 'LSScrubbing' Lets You Easily Scrub Through Music Via the Lock Screen

Apple does give you a nice little arsenal of music controls on the lock screen – you get your general skip, previous, play, and pause controls, as well as a way to adjust your music volume. You even get song information and album artwork. One important thing that is missing, however, is a music scrubber.

A new jailbreak tweak called LSScrubbing by iOS developer G. Johnny Peter adds a music scrubber to the lock screen. With the music scrubber, you will be able to rewind and fast-forward through your music while it plays.

These features are great for when you want to hear a part of a song again, but don’t necessarily want to start from the beginning. Being that the music scrubber is on the lock screen, it makes accessibility easier and adds convenience to the user because it doesn't require the user to unlock the device.

To the left of the music scrubber, which looks basically just like the volume slider, you will see the amount of time the song has been playing for. To the right of the music scrubber, you will see the amount of time the song has left before you reach the end. These guides serve useful when you want to scrub to a particular place in a song.

LSScrubbing is compatible with both iOS 5 and iOS 6 and runs on any iPhone or iPod touch. In addition, you can only use the tweak with the stock Music application, so you won’t be able to use it with third party music applications like Spotify, Grooveshark, or Rdio. iPad support will be coming in an update. LSScrubbing has no options to configure.

If you’re interested in giving LSScrubbing a try, you can download it from Cydia’s BigBoss repository for $1.99.

Name: LSScrubbing
    Price: $1.99
    Version: 1.0.1-1
    Requirements: iOS 5+, iPhone or iPod touch
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: G. Johnny Peter
    Editor's Rating:  4/5

My iPhone is a Part of Me Cmds187's Avatar
    Thanks

Pass

Thanks

I love my tweaks and spend alot of money on them. But to pay $1.99 for something that only works with an apple control is NUTS. FREE might even try it. This is NOT worth paying for when you can get some kick *** tweak for $.99 or so with themes etc.
    Sorry just my :-opinion

iPhone? More like MyPhone iH85CH001's Avatar
    Thanks

This was an idea of mine and i was going to make something like this as my first tweak but i guess i won't have to now... Thanks for saving me the work! By the way, I love this and I definately will buy!

Quote Originally Posted by WiiWendy View Post
    I love my tweaks and spend alot of money on them. But to pay $1.99 for something that only works with an apple control is NUTS. FREE might even try it. This is NOT worth paying for when you can get some kick *** tweak for $.99 or so with themes etc.
    Sorry just my :-opinion
    and ur opinion is terrible have a nice day...