+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Study Shows Apple Loyalty Keeps Sales Strong

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 561 Posts

Default Study Shows Apple Loyalty Keeps Sales Strong

Although it doesn't take a survey to show that Apple continues to benefit from strong loyalty among its product junkies, our friends at Yankee Group couldn't help but explore how loyalty boosts Apple's sales year after year.

Platform loyalty is now so strong among Apple devotees that Android may see its domestic smartphone marketshare erode as a direct result. "Despite press excitement about Samsung, Apple continues to gain share against all Android devices," the report reveals.

While Samsung may have garnered huge press attention from its Galaxy S IV announcement, consumer intent to buy Samsung phones is less than half that of iPhones in the U.S. In fact, iPhone intent to buy is statistically tied with the intent to buy all Android phones combined.
    Although Android's global smartphone share is dominant today, Google's little green robot is locked in an epic battle with iOS in the United States. And it's a battle that Android is starting to clearly lose.

"Apple’s 'black hole' ecosystem captures subscribers who never leave," Yankee Group reports, "while Android smartphones are losing one out of every six customers to other manufacturers. These trends will drive Apple ownership well past Android ownership by 2015 and will reinforce Apple’s dominance in tablets as well."

Source: Yankee Group

iPhone? More like MyPhone 5kylar's Avatar
    Thanks

Apple still needs to pull some really amazing stuff for iOS out of their magic hat or else people are going to get bored and at leat some of these "Loyal customers" are going to get loyal with other phones. I think we've all had enough of the clutter, and almost non-existent personalization features that have been bestowed upon the iOS since day one by Apple. Simply put, it's just not enough anymore, times have changed
    Last edited by 5kylar; 04-26-2013 at 09:08 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 5kylar For This Useful Post:

Mohit555 (04-27-2013)

Thanks

Have a open os enough said

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rabbit_ View Post
    Have a open os enough said
    No thanks. Enough said.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Norb For This Useful Post:

5kylar (04-27-2013), Jokadaking (04-26-2013), Mohit555 (04-27-2013), slim.jim (04-27-2013), vinaygoel2000 (04-26-2013)

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,328 Times in 722 Posts

Didn't a study show that only 2% of iPhones are jailbroken. Because there are a lot of people and I mean millions who don't care or know of a jailbreak. Those are loyal customers. Of course the people on this website will say they will go elsewhere. We are those people. Very little people. People just want smartphones to text and go on Facebook.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Silverado1987 For This Useful Post:

vinaygoel2000 (04-26-2013)

Banned
    Thanks

I think its more like 20%

10. The Following User Says Thank You to xhazex9x For This Useful Post:

Mohit555 (04-27-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    Didn't a study show that only 2% of iPhones are jailbroken. Because there are a lot of people and I mean millions who don't care or know of a jailbreak. Those are loyal customers. Of course the people on this website will say they will go elsewhere. We are those people. Very little people. People just want smartphones to text and go on Facebook.
    Nail, meet head
    Last edited by trek-life; 04-26-2013 at 02:34 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Norb View Post
    No thanks. Enough said.
    What you don't want a open os so you can install tweaks get of this site

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Why do you think loyalists are going to boost Apple's lead over Android by 2015 when Apple has been losing market share to Android for a while now? That's just dumb.

Thanks

I work for Samsung as an ambassador and tab sales have levelled up with apple in the last few weeks and sell more most day's which hasn't happened before. This is the same with all 30 reps in my team and there are 100's more throughout uk. The most common reason the consumers are switching is they are tired of being locked down and can't do as much with the phone or tablet. Now I don't know where everyone else get's their figures & numbers but I'm telling you another major shift has happened in the last few weeks alone!

Thanks

Ios will never be open . And im glad i dont want melware and such that androids open source gets

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Eonhpi For This Useful Post:

Silverado1987 (04-26-2013)

Thanks

The truth is in the variety. Android as a whole and Samsung in particular has more types of phones out. Big phones, little phones, almost tablets etc etc. Apple is competing with less product at a high quality cost. That isn't always a recipe for success. I prefer sticking to iOS, (comfort > loyalty). I like iOS & i'm not trying to launch rockets with my phone so "open" means very little to me. Even some of the jailbreak tweaks I have now are starting to be "meh" as I get older and simply just use my phone for regular day to day business.

With all that being said the Android products are starting to look sexy. The HTC One looks nice to me. Not really into the Samsumg Galaxy Series because I don't really like the plasticy feel of it. Awesome on the inside though! Just not my preference.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rabbit_ View Post
    What you don't want a open os so you can install tweaks get of this site
    uhh yeah sure... maybe you should just switch to android?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I agree that Apple needs to do something with iOS. It's the same boring UI for the past 7 years. I had the iPhone, iPhone 4 and iPhone 5. I'm sorta over it. Most of my friends don't have a jb iPhone and they agree it's boring. All I know is iPhone 5S prob won't have a ton of new features as historically the S models are just supped up version of the previous model. Hell iPhone 5 was just a little taller than 4S, not too many features really worth it. I think if Apple does something truly revolutionary, people won't switch over to the android platform.

iPhone? More like MyPhone 5kylar's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Norb View Post
    No thanks. Enough said.
    Agreed. All the mobile viruses are on Android because of their open OS. An open OS would also kill all the fun of Jailbreaking But seriously Apple just needs to implement all the (Now basic and standard) features on other devices into their iOS such as toggles, to start.
    Last edited by 5kylar; 04-26-2013 at 06:29 PM.
    iPhone 5c - iOS 7.0.4 Jailbroken

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 5kylar View Post
    Agreed. All the mobile viruses are on Android because of their open OS. An open OS would also kill all the fun of Jailbreaking But seriously Apple just needs to implement all the (Now basic and standard) features on other devices into their iOS such as toggles, to start.
    I agree we need some improvement but that by no way means an open OS. I like the big umbrella I'm under.

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,328 Times in 722 Posts

Can you imagine what apple would do with the space givin a 5" phone. Regardless the phone doesn't need it. And Samsung phones don't either just more numbers mean a lot to some people. Omg another gig of ram. Lol

Banned
    Thanks

just what Ive been saying all along, half of iPhone sales are from people who have the previous model and they just keep upgrading so that they can have the newest phone.

half the people who bought the iPhone 5 are going to sell it so they can get the 5S.

by they way, Im getting rid of my last iPhone in a few days--by this time tomorrow I'll have the Galaxy S4 and I must tell you that it is an awesome phone.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,852 Times in 883 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    Finally someone with some sense!

I laugh at the comments about how apple is losing the race. The funny thing is apple is one of the most profitable companies in existence. Last time I checked profit is the purpose of a business. Sure they don't have majority market, but they are still making money!
    Last edited by subywrex; 04-26-2013 at 08:16 PM.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to subywrex For This Useful Post:

Silverado1987 (04-27-2013)

Thanks

Apple could sell a painted brick and people would buy it.