Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Study Shows Apple Loyalty Keeps Sales Strong

You don't really need an open OS to offer customization options on the App Store.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Zokunei For This Useful Post:

subywrex (04-26-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gamemaster77 View Post
    Apple could sell a painted brick and people would buy it.
    Sadly that brick would outperform most android devices and have a more fluid interface.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

The differences between stock iOS and stock Android aren't huge things. Customizable wallpaper, shortcuts, and widgets...things that a lot of people don't even end up using. Sure they're convenient, but not necessary. I definitely wouldn't give up iOS for an "open" OS, that's just asking for trouble. The reason why Apple has so many customers is because they make great products that people are happy with. Most smartphone users use their phones for calling, texting, music, video, games, and internet, they could care less about the extra stuff. And as someone mentioned above, they're competing against a group of companies who put out a new phone every week; compared to Apple's once a year. So yeah, I'd saying Apple is still doing really well. Plus with Jony Ive taking over software now I think their customers will be really happy with the new iOS and iPhone just like they have been in the past.

If you are not an iPhone fan, why the hell are you here?!?
    You express your feelings about iPhones and how much yo don't care for an open iOS but in real life, you guys look like the dipsh*t because you are a member here. Some times I wonder why I even bother coming on this forum, it's loaded with kids and people who are confused with themselves

Quote Originally Posted by ellersbee View Post
    If you are not an iPhone fan, why the hell are you here?!?
    You express your feelings about iPhones and how much yo don't care for an open iOS but in real life, you guys look like the dipsh*t because you are a member here. Some times I wonder why I even bother coming on this forum, it's loaded with kids and people who are confused with themselves
    Yeah, because mature adults call others dipshits because they express things they like about both iOS and Android...

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gamemaster77 For This Useful Post:

5kylar (04-27-2013), steve-z17 (04-27-2013), Tperry (04-27-2013)

Thanks

I'm a Loyal Customer, although I've owned MANY Platforms from BB to Symbian to Android to my Current iOS and I <3 iOS not only for its looks but it's Simplistic Function. A Platform doesn't need to be Complicated; it just has to Do what it was meant to Do which is create a User experience that's Fun & productive but yet simple & intuitive. BUT...I'm also a Jailbreaker so I like the tweaks that Jail breaking offers but unable to Attain in the Stock OS.

Quote Originally Posted by se23 View Post
    I work for Samsung as an ambassador and tab sales have levelled up with apple in the last few weeks and sell more most day's which hasn't happened before. This is the same with all 30 reps in my team and there are 100's more throughout uk. The most common reason the consumers are switching is they are tired of being locked down and can't do as much with the phone or tablet. Now I don't know where everyone else get's their figures & numbers but I'm telling you another major shift has happened in the last few weeks alone!
    I work as the CEO of apple and wud like to ask you, what is this 'so much more' that u can do with your phone apart from having widgets?
    Anyway, your products lack build quality and to the extent that if we dont turn on the screen and start using it, you ORIGINAL PRODUCT looks like a cheap chinese rip off. And thats hilarious!
    First start making devices which look worth something more than $10, and later compare yourself to the company which is known for its quality products.
    This loyalty that we're talking abt, ever wonder why samsung has so less of it? Its because of your products. Nothing else.
    P.s: dont fooled. THE MOST COMMON REASON THAT PEOPLE SWITCH OVER TO SAMSUNG TAB FROM IPADS isnt because 'they're tired of being locked down crap'. Its becuase it costs less. Period. Not everyone can afford premium products and thats why u survive in the market. But does that make u superior? I think not. Infact, it makes u inherently inferior because thats your reason for sustenance in the market.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 5kylar View Post
    Apple still needs to pull some really amazing stuff for iOS out of their magic hat or else people are going to get bored and at leat some of these "Loyal customers" are going to get loyal with other phones. I think we've all had enough of the clutter, and almost non-existent personalization features that have been bestowed upon the iOS since day one by Apple. Simply put, it's just not enough anymore, times have changed

Why do people say that? you could only throw so many gimmicks into a product before that gets boring. Apple doesn't have to do anything crazy with their OS when they have a App Store the size of theirs, that's why people truly buy an iPhone or iPad

I work for Samsung as an ambassador and tab sales have levelled up with apple in the last few weeks and sell more most day's which hasn't happened before. This is the same with all 30 reps in my team and there are 100's more throughout uk. The most common reason the consumers are switching is they are tired of being locked down and can't do as much with the phone or tablet. Now I don't know where everyone else get's their figures & numbers but I'm telling you another major shift has happened in the last few weeks alone!
    You work for Samsung but yet you set up an account for an iPhone site and your avatar has two iPhone's in it, I'm sure Samsung loves that(unless you're here to see Apple next big move)
    Last edited by Luie82; 04-27-2013 at 08:21 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone 5kylar's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Luie82 View Post
    Why do people say that? you could only throw so many gimmicks into a product before that gets boring. Apple doesn't have to do anything crazy with their OS when they have a App Store the size of theirs, that's why people truly buy an iPhone or iPad
    I'm not saying add a bunch of gimmicks. I'm saying there are a few things like toggles for example (one of the biggest in my opinion) that iOS is seriously lacking. I still want the elegance of iOS just with a bit of user friendly functionality, you know?
    iPhone 5c - iOS 7.0.4 Jailbroken

iPhone? More like MyPhone rockyseay's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    Didn't a study show that only 2% of iPhones are jailbroken. Because there are a lot of people and I mean millions who don't care or know of a jailbreak. Those are loyal customers. Of course the people on this website will say they will go elsewhere. We are those people. Very little people. People just want smartphones to text and go on Facebook.
    It's more like 15

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    just what Ive been saying all along, half of iPhone sales are from people who have the previous model and they just keep upgrading so that they can have the newest phone.

half the people who bought the iPhone 5 are going to sell it so they can get the 5S.

by they way, Im getting rid of my last iPhone in a few days--by this time tomorrow I'll have the Galaxy S4 and I must tell you that it is an awesome phone.
    Buddy, I am not sure about S4, but I can't made Skype Video call with my mother in law's S3. I am clueless with android.

iPhone? More like MyPhone 5kylar's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    Didn't a study show that only 2% of iPhones are jailbroken. Because there are a lot of people and I mean millions who don't care or know of a jailbreak. Those are loyal customers. Of course the people on this website will say they will go elsewhere. We are those people. Very little people. People just want smartphones to text and go on Facebook.
    I love how people say "There was a study!" and everyone just believes whatever the information is because, oh ya, someone studied it... Does anyone ever think to ask who? Or perhaps, how it was conducted? I'll explain how it's actually done. In this instance I want to find out how many iPhone users jailbreak there phones (Btw I'm not trying to pick on this particular post, it's just the example I'm using to draw a point) So how do I figure that out? I know! I'll round up 100 iPhone users at random and ask each one if their phone is jailed or not. So 2 out of 100 say they jailbreak their iPhones and love it, 58 said they never heard of a jailbreak and 40 said they couldn't be bothered with it or were unsure if it would be safe to do so. Thus my "Study" has determined 2% of people jailbreak their phones while the other 98% remain jailed for various reasons. 100 people out of the millions of iPhone owners... Ta-da! Obviously, while they could be, these aren't the real figures, all I'm saying is just because someone did a "study" doesn't automatically mean it's accurate, true, or intelligent in any way
    Last edited by 5kylar; 04-28-2013 at 02:21 PM.
    iPhone 5c - iOS 7.0.4 Jailbroken

Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    Finally someone with some sense!

I laugh at the comments about how apple is losing the race. The funny thing is apple is one of the most profitable companies in existence. Last time I checked profit is the purpose of a business. Sure they don't have majority market, but they are still making money!
    Agreed... In fact I believe that Apple gets more income than the US Government

Thanks

You work for Samsung but yet you set up an account for an iPhone site and your avatar has two iPhone's in it, I'm sure Samsung loves that(unless you're here to see Apple next big move)[/QUOTE]

Hahaaa listen to the freshman I've been on this site longer than most here and before most in uk even saw an iPhone & AppStore didn't exist. Don't watch my post count but I am a real fan of Apple it just so happen's unlike most jokers on here I'm a real fan of android, Samsung and any decent tech too and don't get into that pointless arguing which is better. Also yes I wear a Samsung shirt to work everyday but don't give a toss what they think about my avatar as I don't own or have shares in the company, I also turned down a job at apple! NOW WHAT!!!!!?
    Last edited by se23; 05-01-2013 at 08:55 AM.

You work for Samsung but yet you set up an account for an iPhone site and your avatar has two iPhone's in it, I'm sure Samsung loves that(unless you're here to see Apple next big move)
    Hahaaa listen to the freshman I've been on this site longer than most here and before most in uk even saw an iPhone & AppStore didn't exist. Don't watch my post count but I am a real fan of Apple it just so happen's unlike most jokers on here I'm a real fan of android, Samsung and any decent tech too and don't get into that pointless arguing which is better. Also yes I wear a Samsung shirt to work everyday but don't give a toss what they think about my avatar as I don't own or have shares in the company, I also turned down a job at apple! NOW WHAT!!!!!?[/QUOTE]

Liar.
    I never offered u a job.

Thanks

Don't get involved just to up your post count!

Don't get involved just to up your post count!
    I did post an older comment and this one was in relation to that one.
    Anyway u dont own this forum so stop telling me what to do.
    Go and make your cheap plastic toy phones because thats what you're good at doing.

Thanks

So why did you leave my quote in your reply then? Stupid little person!

Stupid little person!
    Hahaha

Thanks

Loool

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast