Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: IMDb App Update Offers a Slew of New Features

Thanks

Default IMDb App Update Offers a Slew of New Features

A recent update to the official IMDb app for iOS has been released, bringing a number of new features today, including a new light theme on the iPad, and the ability to look up a variety of information such as worldwide movie release dates, actor heights, “crazy credits,” and more. As with many updates on the iOS platform, there have also been a slew of visual tweaks and bug fixes that help improve overall app stability.

For movie aficionados, the app continues to not only meet expectations but also go beyond that. You can find out information such as how tall your favorite actor is by looking them up and finding the new “Personal Details” section within their biography. There you’ll also see the new actor “also known as” and aliases. In addition to this, you’ll find “crazy credits” for quite a bit of movies, which can be compared to trivia information that has been otherwise provided infrequently in the past. These “crazy credits” offer interesting facts about the movie that fans are sure to enjoy.

Alongside with the added features, there have been some changes made to the app that remain device specific. The iPhone app seems to have redesigned celebrity and movie pages that are a much welcomed improvement over their predecessors. The iPad app seems to have a new light theme for those who don’t care much for the dark one and also allows you to sort through your Watchilist by the releasing date.

Those of you who are interested in downloading the latest version of the IMDb for iOS app can do so for free from the App Store.

Source: iTunes

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

One thing that pissed me off a number of updates back was when they took landscape mode away. I was psyched when they added that feature and then a few updates later, they took it away. Why would they have done that?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
    One thing that pissed me off a number of updates back was when they took landscape mode away. I was psyched when they added that feature and then a few updates later, they took it away. Why would they have done that?
    Landscape mode works in this new version on the iPad.

Yeah not on iPhone though.