+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Nokia Sends Out Invitations to May 14 Lumia Windows Phone Event

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    Thanks

Default Nokia Sends Out Invitations to May 14 Lumia Windows Phone Event

Nokia is expected to unveil the next Lumia smartphone at a media event set for May 14 in London. The event is the company’s response to Apple’s iPhone 5. The Finnish handset maker sent out invitations to its event on Thursday according to the folks at TechnoBuffalo. Members of the press have been invited to “see what’s next,” in the “Nokia Lumia story,” which the invitations having fueled speculation that the company is likely to unveil its Lumia 928 and Lumia EOS premium smartphones.

As some of you may know, Nokia’s unannounced Lumia EOS and Lumia 928 have been poorly kept secrets. Recent reports have pegged the still-rumored Lumia 928 for launch on Verizon next month, while details of the Lumia EOS haven’t been as concrete. The Lumia 928 is said to have a metal body with a 4.5-inch touchscreen, 8-megapixel camera, and wireless charging capabilities. The Lumia EOS is said to be a PureView Windows Phone with a stunning 41-megapixel camera.

Nokia took the wraps off its current flagship smartphone, the Lumia 920, shortly before Apple unveiled the iPhone 5. The company has since announced several low-end Lumia devices intended for emerging markets, but has not announced a new premium Windows Phone that serves as a response to the iPhone 5. Nokia CEO Stephen Elop was questioned about rumors of the Lumia 928 in an interview last month but declined to give any details. While Elop participated to promote Nokia’s new entry-level Lumia handsets, the TV segment instead gained attention because the CEO threw the interviewer’s iPhone on the floor.

Are any of you excited to see what Nokia has in store to compete with the iPhone?

Source: TechnoBuffalo

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

41 meg cam, is that right?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hitekksteff View Post
    41 meg cam, is that right?

its is "41-megapixel camera sensor" not exactly sure what that means though.... deff not just a 41 megapixel camera though

dsg
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,779 Times in 711 Posts

Some info about the 41 Mega pixels here
    privacy isn't about having something to hide

look here all grammar police, indulge me.

Thanks

Wait, isn't that last years' iPod nano?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

May be this phone brings market for Nokia.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Doesn't matter how good the spec is,if its not an iOS or Android it's gonna fail like every other windows phone

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dsg View Post
    Some info about the 41 Mega pixels here
    It means the sensor is capable of 41 megapixels. It takes a picture with 41 mp worth of data and gives a photo that actually is like 6 - 10 megapixels, I'm not exactly sure the exact specs. I have used the first version of nokias phone with the 41 mp sensor. I manage a mobile gadget store on pier 39 in SF and a few of my customers have came in with that phone, and we sell a custom telephoto lens we designed ourselves, so we always demo the lens with the different customer's phones and so we see the photo quality of almost every phone on the market. I actually sent myself a couple photos from the customers phone and printed it, I was fairly impressed. It takes amazing photos, but the first phone they produced with this sensor was a lame phone. This camera mixed with a new good Nokia phone could result in a very nice product. Although I'm not particularly into the windows phones myself, it is a nice os and very good for many people. I personally think it could be an amazing phone. But for those that like the win8 phones, its too bad there is still such a small app market for windows phone

Green Apple
    Thanks

Wonder what stunt they will pull to make it look better than it is??

Thanks

No.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I really miss when Nokia phones were considered the coolest in design and everything... i always remember N90 where u can twist the camera and everything.... now everything is big touch screen... those were the days.. :')