+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'PullAll' Brings the Mail Pull-to-Refresh Animation to Every UIWebView in iOS

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default 'PullAll' Brings the Mail Pull-to-Refresh Animation to Every UIWebView in iOS

One of the nice subtle changes in iOS 6 is the pull to refresh animation that occurs in the Mail application. Unfortunately, Apple didn’t implement this everywhere.

If you would like to enable the pull to refresh animation in every UIWebView in iOS, you can now do so with a new jailbreak tweak called PullAll by iOS developer MPow. The tweak works in most Web Browser applications, such as Safari, Facebook (UIWebView), Twitter (UIWebView), Chrome, and others.

It's important to note that we say UIWebView for applications like Facebook, because it's not going to work in your news feed. It will only work in a Web view, such as looking at an Internet link that you tapped on from your news feed and started viewing in Facebook's built-in Web Browser. The same goes for applications like Twitter – the animation is not for your Twitter feed, rather for the Web view only.

From the tweak's preferences pane in the Settings application, you will be able to configure the tweak to your liking:

The options you have to configure include excluding certain applications from using the feature, choosing a custom color for the pull to refresh animation with the use of RGB sliders and an enable or disable switch, and hiding or showing the label that comes with it. Gray is the default color of the animation if you do not configure any colors.

It's nice to see this feature brought to more parts of iOS than just the Mail application, as it makes everything feel more uniform; hopefully Apple will implement something similar in iOS 7. PullAll is compatible with every iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad running iOS 6. You can grab the tweak from Cydia’s BigBoss repository right now for just $1.

Name: PullAll
    Price: $1
    Version: 1.0.1-5
    Requirements: iOS 6
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: MPow
    Editor's Rating: / 4.5/5

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

Nice tweak but not worth paying even a dollar for it... for me anyways.
    When I began reading the story I figured it was free.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'm looking for an app the will refresh safari without having to scroll to the top of the page... Is there any app that does this?

My iPhone is a Part of Me Feanor64's Avatar
    Thanks

This tweak freezes my iPhone 5 after about 30 seconds of my springboard running. When my phone freezes I can't do anything. I have to hold down the power and home button until phone turns off and on. Also I couldn't even go into safe mode. When I selected safe mode in sbsettings it just did a respring and bam no safe mode. Finally after a reboot I opened cydia as fast as I could and uninstalled it and respring. Everything is fine again. All of my other tweaks play nice with each other. First time I had a problem like this with a tweak. My suggestion stay away from it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigray View Post
    I'm looking for an app the will refresh safari without having to scroll to the top of the page... Is there any app that does this?
    You could just tap the status bar and jump to the top of the page And then refresh the traditional way. Not exactly what you were looking for, but it's close.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Courtn2122 View Post
    You could just tap the status bar and jump to the top of the page And then refresh the traditional way. Not exactly what you were looking for, but it's close.
    Yeah. I thought there would be an addon that added a refresh button onto the bottom of safari. Might have to suggest it somewhere

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by luvmytj View Post
    Nice tweak but not worth paying even a dollar for it... for me anyways.
    When I began reading the story I figured it was free.
    Yeah, same here.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Yeah. I thought there would be an addon that added a refresh button onto the bottom of safari. Might have to suggest it somewhere
    I checked in my FLEX app and there's nothing there...not even a tweak that prevents the hiding of the address/search bar.

Thanks

You can use tweaks like swipesafari or fullscreen for safari
    Both are paid!