+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'Prime' Improves the Readability of Your Recent Call List

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
In iOS, your Recent Call list via the Phone application shows you all of the recent phone calls that your iPhone has been used for. Missed calls show up as
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default 'Prime' Improves the Readability of Your Recent Call List

In iOS, your Recent Call list via the Phone application shows you all of the recent phone calls that your iPhone has been used for. Missed calls show up as red, while both incoming and outgoing calls show up as black – an arrow and a phone icon help you to tell if a call was incoming or outgoing.

A new free jailbreak tweak called Prime by iOS developers thekirbylover and ravirajm makes it so you can easily distinguish between incoming and outgoing phone calls from the Recent Calls list. Rather than showing both as black, Prime separates the two so that incoming calls show as blue and outgoing calls show as green. This way, you can actually tell the difference, as shown above.

Prime also comes with a preferences pane, which is accessed via the Settings application:

The preferences pane allows you to enable or disable a feature called “Custom Date Color,” which as the name implies, allows you to choose a different color for the dates that appear next to the recent calls to let you know when they occurred. Below is an example of the date color being changed:

Prime is only for iPhones running iOS 6. If you’re interested in grabbing it, you will find it in Cydia’s ModMyi repository for free. Check it out!

Name: Prime
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0
    Requirements: iPhone running iOS 6
    Repo: ModMyi
    Developer(s): thekirbylover and ravirajm
    Editor's Rating: / 4.5/5
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 04-25-2013 at 02:43 PM. Reason: iOS displays arrows to indicate outgoing calls

Thanks

Sweet! Simple yet efficient...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sage I For This Useful Post:

iH85CH001 (04-25-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

Actually this functionality is already built into iOS. In recent calls the outgoing calls show a phone with an outward pointing arrow, and that indicates outbound calls without being as violently colorful as this app. The feature is there, it just isn't intrusive or overwhelming.
    They can have my jailbreak when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by politicalslug View Post
    Actually this functionality is already built into iOS. In recent calls the outgoing calls show a phone with an outward pointing arrow, and that indicates outbound calls without being as violently colorful as this app. The feature is there, it just isn't intrusive or overwhelming.
    Good catch.

I think I like the colors more though.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by politicalslug View Post
    "In iOS, your Recent Call list via the Phone application shows you all of the recent phone calls that your iPhone has been used for. Missed calls show up as red, while both incoming and outgoing calls show up as black an arrow and a phone icon help you to tell if a call was incoming or outgoing."

ACTUALLY they already stated what you pointed out, minus your opinion..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse538 View Post
    "In iOS, your Recent Call list via the Phone application shows you all of the recent phone calls that your iPhone has been used for. Missed calls show up as red, while both incoming and outgoing calls show up as black – an arrow and a phone icon help you to tell if a call was incoming or outgoing."

Actually, I edited that part after reading his comment. He is right about that. It's something I overlooked. My apologies.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse538 View Post
    "In iOS, your Recent Call list via the Phone application shows you all of the recent phone calls that your iPhone has been used for. Missed calls show up as red, while both incoming and outgoing calls show up as black an arrow and a phone icon help you to tell if a call was incoming or outgoing."

This deserved a repost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Good simple tweak, thanks!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trek-life View Post
    This deserved a repost
    did you read Anthony's post, immediately above yours?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

One thing I did notice is that it takes away the "incoming" icon but leaves the "outgoing". I think it should leave them both just in case you forget which color is for which. The different colors does help in reading them quicker. Nice tweak otherwise.

DLW
    Last edited by douglaslwarren; 04-26-2013 at 07:45 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by douglaslwarren View Post
    One thing I did notice is that it takes away the "incoming" icon but leaves the "outgoing". I think it should leave them both just in case you forget which color is for which. The different colors does help in reading them quicker. Nice tweak otherwise.

DLW
    There is no icon for incoming at all

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Iteh_skyss View Post
    There is no icon for incoming at all
    No there isn't. Are you being sarcastic?

I think this is what this tweak should be: a simple addition of an incoming call icon; a phone icon with an inward pointing arrow.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ELLSBLACK6's Avatar
    Thanks

Been using this tweak for a few days, I like tweaks like this that have at-a-glance functionality! Cool useful tweak overall!👍