Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New Concept Shows Us What Apps Could Look Like in iOS 7

Default New Concept Shows Us What Apps Could Look Like in iOS 7

Apple Wednesday announced that WWDC 2013 will begin June 10-14 of this year, and that they would be announcing a new version of iOS that would be placed into the hands of developers early for beta testing. Many are wondering what kinds of changes iOS 7 will bring to the table, especially considering that Jonathan Ive is now overseeing iOS, rather than Scott Forstall.

This new iOS 7 concept shows us some cool ideas for iOS 7, which improve on the existing interfaces:

For a mobile-friendly video link that works with our app, tap on the video link below:

YouTube Link

The concept video places heavy emphasis on the flat design style that is expected because of Jonathan Ive's dislike for skeuomorphism. Ive is expected to do away with the skeuomorphism in iOS 7, or another future version of iOS. In addition, the concept video also shows off some neat features that current iOS applications could be much better with.

In the concept, the Compass application gets completely redesigned, and allows the user to switch between a white day mode and a black night mode. The concept also does the same for the Clock application, which takes some design tips from the iPad version of the Clock application. In addition, the Clock application gets a digital clock mode, as well as an analog clock mode, which is perfect for keeping on the nightstand. You will also notice the flatter designs in applications like the Voice Memos app, Calculator app, and Contacts app.

Notification Center gets a new matte finish with collapsible notifications, which are grouped by application. There is a clear button for clearing all notifications at once. Notification Center also gets individual pages, which separates notifications from widgets. The widget page houses not only the current widgets, and new widgets, but also toggles.

The lock screen is mostly left untouched from a first glance; however, double tapping on the lock screen clock brings up a toggle menu for easy access to system features. You can also tap and hold on the lock screen clock for the lock screen’s colors to match the colors of the lock screen wallpaper. The concept also calls for individual customization options, which probably isn't likely at all knowing Apple. The lock screen's Camera Grabber gets a bit of a Grabby treatment, in that the user can select the application that the Grabber makes use of.

I think a lot of the features would be nice to have, but I'm not so sure about the lock screen color customization ever seeing the light. What do you think about the features covered in the concept?

Sources: iClarified
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 04-25-2013 at 11:57 AM. Reason: Added support for videos in the ModMyi App

...Ok, don't see the big deal. Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by pkmaximum View Post
    ...Ok, don't see the big deal. Sorry
    Yeah, said this before will say it again...

All they need to do for iOS7 is endorse the jailbreak and the jailbreak community.

It's as simple as that!! Change nothing but give the end user the option to install Cydia.

Whatever iOS7 brings I can promise you it pales in comparison with what jailbreaking can achieve.

All the hard yards re iOS7 has already been done!! There is nothing iOS7 will bring to the table that is really likely to wow a jailbroken user.

And for the average Joe that has never experienced jailbreak, make the process as simple and as intuitive as buying Cydia on the AppStore.

Once that door opens for millions of users who in the past couldn't have been bothered, the over all user experience will just be so greatly enhanced.

I have no doubt it would make Apple extremely appealing again and uber competitive!!

Unfortunately this will never happen.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sand_man For This Useful Post:

buggsy2 (04-25-2013), EdgeNsketch (04-25-2013)

it sucks!!!!!! what's with this stupid new flat idea....it's like microsoft going to areo to flat. Not impressed Apple not impressed at all. What makes apple icons beautiful is their glossy look, that's why I always liked their aqua interface so much. I truly think Apple is done for. They should've been where Android Jelly Bean is now in terms of vision and I think Apple knows they missed the boat on that one and can't do anything about it without being accused of copying.

Quote Originally Posted by swifty7 View Post
    it sucks!!!!!! what's with this stupid new flat idea....it's like microsoft going to areo to flat. Not impressed Apple not impressed at all. What makes apple icons beautiful is their glossy look, that's why I always liked their aqua interface so much. I truly think Apple is done for. They should've been where Android Jelly Bean is now in terms of vision and I think Apple knows they missed the boat on that one and can't do anything about it without being accused of copying.
    ?? This is a concept video made by itouchschoolbr. It's in no way endorsed by Apple or in any way, other than by pure coincidence an indication of what iOS7 will incorporate...

Please remove all the gloss effect, apple! After all, not only the apps need to have a refreshed look, the UI needs to be refreshed too. For example, remove the gloss effects on the buttons, lockscreen...etc. This concept is looks awesome, tho im sure IOS will be much more exciting than this.

Nothing striking about it

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Nikhil Gorwani For This Useful Post:

buggsy2 (04-25-2013)

Apple will never endorse an open platform (jailbreak), gang. Stop dreaming. To Apple, exploits are real security risks and they will always work to close them. End of story. The only light at the end of this tunnel is that P0sixNinja already has all the exploits for iOS 7 ready to go. So we "shouldn't" have to wait 4 months for the jailbreak this time.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

nfsonofgod (04-25-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone 5kylar's Avatar
    Thanks

This was pretty cool. Apple definitely needs more default customization. Now the question is will we get something awesome similar to this or any of the other concept videos, or will we be saddled up with another Crapple iOS

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Dead link, again?!

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Some of the ideas were pretty cool, like shortcut.

Oh please... And it takes a jailbreak tweaker to come up with the SIMPLE idea of different colours for recent calls. This new tweak PRIME is a god sent for me. You know what's going on at a glance. Hasn't APPLE seen how much there is to be made with their App Store!! They should be paying the tweak makers by how we buy them. Imagine the minds that would work to be paid. Isn't there enough money to go around Apple? PAY FOR THE REAL TWEAKS TO BE MADE!!!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to WiiWendy For This Useful Post:

buggsy2 (04-25-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me buggsy2's Avatar
    Thanks

The concept is utterly lame. Still uses static icons and lockscreen that convey no useful, dynamic info. Instead it's just updated iCandy.

Quote Originally Posted by sand_man View Post

All they need to do for iOS7 is endorse the jailbreak and the jailbreak community.

It's as simple as that!! Change nothing but give the end user the option to install Cydia.

^^
    THIS!!

Been saying this for years. Let us install apps from external sources. Done!!
    MacBook Pro i7
    Dell XPS

19. The Following User Says Thank You to TheOrioles33 For This Useful Post:

sand_man (04-26-2013)

I think this is beautiful. I like the idea of self-updating but relatively static icons and large widgets. I don't need a bunch of active widgets that eat up battery and processor cycles.

As for the flat, austere look, I dig it. I hate the skeuomorphism that pops up randomly around iOS. It is not consistently implemented, and even where it is there is no cohesion from one app to the next, not to mention that in some cases it just looks like they added it to add it. I mean, please tell me, what does stitched leather have to do with finding my friends? Making the Notes app look like note paper makes a little sense, but leather in Find My Friends? Makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Apple will never endorse an open platform (jailbreak), gang. Stop dreaming. To Apple, exploits are real security risks and they will always work to close them. End of story. The only light at the end of this tunnel is that P0sixNinja already has all the exploits for iOS 7 ready to go. So we "shouldn't" have to wait 4 months for the jailbreak this time.
    They could just give you the option of root access like on a Mac and then we wouldn't need exploits. It won't ever happen though.
    Last edited by Zokunei; 04-25-2013 at 10:55 AM.

That very last part with the short cuts for the camera button needs to happen now. That's very handy.

Thanks

I'll wait for facts.

Quote Originally Posted by sand_man View Post

Whatever iOS7 brings I can promise you it pales in comparison with what jailbreaking can achieve.

All the hard yards re iOS7 has already been done!! There is nothing iOS7 will bring to the table that is really likely to wow a jailbroken user.

And for the average Joe that has never experienced jailbreak, make the process as simple and as intuitive as buying Cydia on the AppStore.

Once that door opens for millions of users who in the past couldn't have been bothered, the over all user experience will just be so greatly enhanced.

I have no doubt it would make Apple extremely appealing again and uber competitive!!

Unfortunately this will never happen.
    I quite agree.

Thanks

Boring until the NC part. Having the phone on the lock screen as a short cut is a bad idea unless there is no access to contacts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast