+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New Concept Shows Us What Apps Could Look Like in iOS 7

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Nothing innovative then!!
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Nothing innovative then!!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Unlikely. Apple has never been big on customization.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,852 Times in 883 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sand_man View Post

I have no doubt it would make Apple extremely appealing again and uber competitive!!

Unfortunately this will never happen.
    ?? Sense when has apple not been competitive? Maybe in your eyes, but apples model isn't about being open or customizable. They are about an all around experience.

I love my jail break but love my iPhone more with or with out the jailbreak. I've said it a million times, if your only using an iPhone because of a jailbreak go buy an Android. It has a lot to offer right out of the box.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,721 Times in 4,404 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    ?? Sense when has apple not been competitive? Maybe in your eyes, but apples model isn't about being open or customizable. They are about an all around experience.

I love my jail break but love my iPhone more with or with out the jailbreak. I've said it a million times, if your only using an iPhone because of a jailbreak go buy an Android. It has a lot to offer right out of the box.
    Agreed. Hey, Suby, why don't we ever see you over in the theme threads, bro? You've contributed a lot in past - but don't see you much anymore..??
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Agreed. Hey, Suby, why don't we ever see you over in the theme threads, bro? You've contributed a lot in past - but don't see you much anymore..??
    Don't use themes anymore other than my new icon set ( which as a thread in the i5 section)

Guess I get burnt out on threads, unless your involved in modding or looking for mods for a theme nothing really much over there for me lol.

Guess you could say doing this sense 2008 has worn me out haha

6. The Following User Says Thank You to subywrex For This Useful Post:

NewdestinyX (04-25-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thankfully this just a concept. Rather plain and dull looking. Im not expecting too much more though. Im just get tired of ios even with the jb. More and more i find myself wanting to go to android again. The bigger phones are a us for me as well.

Green Apple
    Thanks

This is not a bad effort -- some of the concepts are a bit cartoony because it takes what Apple is already using and simply eliminates the gloss and skeumorphism but with some refinement to the color palette used, it can really work.

It's remarkable how negative some posters on these iOS 7 concept threads are; I sincerely doubt that most of the people who think this is ugly can come up with something better. In fact, I recommend that the minimum requirement for posting on this thread be that you have to upload a screen capture of your iPhone homescreen so we can see what sort of taste you have.

Chances are, the trolls shouting this concept down are the patrons of the uglier themes posted on Cydia. The fact of the matter is, some people have terrible taste -- guys who wear loud Hawaiian print shirts tend to regard Armani's minimalist elegance as boring and/or ugly. I certainly wouldn't listen to what those people have to say.

Thanks

+1

Apple sells to the 98% that buy their products and live in the walled garden, not the 1% that jailbreak. It'll never happen -- there's no incentive.

Thanks

Never said they not competitive, just said they'd be more so if they offered something unique. Why does open and customizable and all around experience have to be mutually exclusive of each other? Surely the ability to customize the UI to a personal preference will enhance the all round experience for that particular user?

I've used both but Android just lacks the maturity, refinement and polish present in iOS. I would find it strained to use exclusively without jailbreak though.

Quote Originally Posted by quidam_brujah View Post
    +1

Apple sells to the 98% that buy their products and live in the walled garden, not the 1% that jailbreak. It'll never happen -- there's no incentive.
    Yes but that's my whole point.

Sell Cydia on the AppStore where 98% of users shop, and at $10. There's their incentive.

Look, It will never happen. That's obvious. I'm just asking is it such a preposterous suggestion??

You have this thriving community producing these wonderful tweaks/mods/themes/apps. Why not use them to bolster the appeal of your offering? Endorse it, sell it through the AppStore and let the jailbreak sub culture co-exist alongside the walled garden...

EDIT: Perhaps the issue and stigma from Apple's perspective is the concept of jailbreak. Okay, so scrap Cydia and Jailbreak but sell everything it represents so popular apps/tweaks/mods/themes on the AppStore!!! If I want to buy Elite6 off the AppStore, it should be available to!! Same goes for Springtomize, Auxo, Quasar, Boss theme, MiOS theme, Accelarator, NCSettings, Homescreen settings etc etc etc
    Last edited by sand_man; 04-26-2013 at 02:08 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sand_man View Post
    Never said they not competitive, just said they'd be more so if they offered something unique. Why does open and customizable and all around experience have to be mutually exclusive of each other? Surely the ability to customize the UI to a personal preference will enhance the all round experience for that particular user?

I've used both but Android just lacks the maturity, refinement and polish present in iOS. I would find it strained to use exclusively without jailbreak though.

Yes but that's my whole point.

Sell Cydia on the AppStore where 98% of users shop, and at $10. There's their incentive.

Look, It will never happen. That's obvious. I'm just asking is it such a preposterous suggestion??

You have this thriving community producing these wonderful tweaks/mods/themes/apps. Why not use them to bolster the appeal of your offering? Endorse it, sell it through the AppStore and let the jailbreak sub culture co-exist alongside the walled garden...

EDIT: Perhaps the issue and stigma from Apple's perspective is the concept of jailbreak. Okay, so scrap Cydia and Jailbreak but sell everything it represents so popular apps/tweaks/mods/themes on the AppStore!!! If I want to buy Elite6 off the AppStore, it should be available to!! Same goes for Springtomize, Auxo, Quasar, Boss theme, MiOS theme, Accelarator, NCSettings, Homescreen settings etc etc etc
    One could argue that an open OS would degrade iOS.

Anyway I agree with wishing there was a way to have my iPhone free with out the hassle of jail breaking. But reality is that will never happen. I love my iPhone just as much with out the jailbreak. Of course would rather keep it but not a necessity for me.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12