+ Reply
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'Atom' is a Gorgeous New Lock Screen Tweak You'll Want to Get Right Now

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default 'Atom' is a Gorgeous New Lock Screen Tweak You'll Want to Get Right Now

If you’re looking to spice up the usability of your iOS lock screen, then you’ll want to try your hand at atom, a new lock screen-enhancing tweak by iOS developer Tyler Nettleton and Graphic Designer Surenix.

Atom re-imagines the way the lock screen is used. Rather than taking Apple’s idea of the lock screen into consideration and using the lock screen as a way to get into your device, atom tries to make the lock screen into a splash page for your device. This means giving you up to six application shortcuts, as well as a way to unlock the device. The name "atom" comes from the fact that the interface literally looks like an atom:

From a first glance, the only thing you see on your lock screen is the small black circle at the bottom of the display. When you tap and hold on the black circle, all six of your application shortcuts appear, as well as a way to unlock your iOS device. You can launch any of the six applications by dragging the black circle and dropping it over an application icon. Alternatively, you can drag the black circle over the unlock icon to unlock the device normally.

Atom includes some fun animations too. As you drag the black circle over individual application icons, or the unlock icon, the item you drag over will increase in size, as everything around it decreases in size. This is a fluid animation that helps you focus on the item you’re currently hovering over, and it’s a nice demonstration of feedback from the tweak:

When you land on an application icon and release the black circle, the iOS device will unlock immediately and launch the application you landed on. In the event where you have a passcode, the device will ask you for your passcode before allowing you to unlock the device, so there’s no need to worry about security with atom.

From atom's preferences pane in the Settings application, you will be able to choose the six application shortcuts you want to set for the atom lock screen interface. You can use any stock applications, or third party applications of your choice:

Currently, atom will override your settings for lock sounds in the Settings application. If you have it set to off, atom will still sound an unlock noise. An update is coming soon to address this. Atom is only available for the iPhone and iPod touch for now – iPad support is coming soon!

Atom is available right now for $1.99 in Cydia’s BigBoss repository! – Grab it while it's hot!

Name: atom
    Price: $1.99
    Version: 1.0
    Requirements: iPhone or iPod touch running iOS 5 or later
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer(s): Tyler Nettleton and Surenix
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

kwine (04-23-2013)

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 4,203 Posts

So this is something like jelly lock?

Thanks

Seems like it, only beefier and $$.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Italia411's Avatar
    Thanks

Just purchased it. Awesome tweak! Surenix makes awesome stuff.

iPhone? More like MyPhone 5kylar's Avatar
    Thanks

The lock sound thing is a deal breaker for me. I absolutely hate that clicking sound it drives me nuts :/

Ok so if your like me and don't want the lock sounds, I figured out how to temporarily disable them
    SHH into your device and navigate to /System/Library/Audio/UISounds/ and find the file "unlock.caf" Rename it to something else (unlockx.caf) doesn't really matter what. Respring and your good to go. To get it back at a later time just switch the name back and respring.

Amazing Tweak, best one I've seen in a long time
    Last edited by 5kylar; 05-07-2013 at 03:15 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to 5kylar For This Useful Post:

vinaygoel2000 (04-23-2013)

Thanks

Same as above. sorting the unlock sound would be great.

iPhone? More like MyPhone holyshnikes's Avatar
    Thanks

How does this work with lockinfo?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Raybeast's Avatar
    Thanks

Love it! Love Surenix! But it's very sluggish on my iPhone 4...

Quote Originally Posted by 5kylar View Post
    The lock sound thing is a dealbreaker for me. Until thats fixed I don't want it. I absolutely hate that clicking sound it drives me nuts :/
    But agreed, awesome tweak, great work.
    Isn't it just the standard iOS sound

iPhone? More like MyPhone tankz504's Avatar
    Thanks

This sure is a cool tweak! I have it with lockinfo and it works great! I just wish I could set some spaces to have nothing there. I don't really need 6 shortcuts, maybe just like 4, oh and if they added a led flashlight toggle OMG!

iPhone? More like MyPhone ABOSWORTH's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Raybeast View Post
    Love it! Love Surenix! But it's very sluggish on my iPhone 4...

Isn't it just the standard iOS sound
    You can disable the unlock sound though. I have mine disabled. I'm guessing there isn't a setting to disable the sound with this tweak. Looks sick though! I might just give it a try. I have locksliderz but I'm a little bored with it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by holyshnikes View Post
    +1

iPhone? More like MyPhone ABOSWORTH's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tankz504 View Post
    This sure is a cool tweak! I have it with lockinfo and it works great! I just wish I could set some spaces to have nothing there. I don't really need 6 shortcuts, maybe just like 4, oh and if they added a led flashlight toggle OMG!
    I was about to buy this but that's a deal breaker for me. One thing I like about locksliderz is that you can add at flash toggle. You don't have to have a stupid flash light app that takes forever to open up. I slide the flash slider and the flash turns on instantly without unlocking the device. I use it all the time. If the developer adds that option, I'll buy this in a second.

*T*
    Thanks

Does this change the amount of time before screen locks on the lockscreen? Why can't you tap one of the icons to open it rather than dragging the circle? I will not be getting this, because what I could access in 1 swipe (the entire home screen), I would be only getting a limited version (the 6 icons) and it would take another gesture to get to the lockscreen. Common sense could help make this tweak better, but it's a nice concept.

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by *T* View Post
    Does this change the amount of time before screen locks on the lockscreen? Why can't you tap one of the icons to open it rather than dragging the circle? I will not be getting this, because what I could access in 1 swipe (the entire home screen), I would be only getting a limited version (the 6 icons) and it would take another gesture to get to the lockscreen. Common sense could help make this tweak better, but it's a nice concept.
    It takes exactly the same amount of time to drag a slide to unlock slider as it takes to drag the circle to the unlock icon.

You aren't losing any time with this tweak.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by holyshnikes View Post
    Looks to be stable with lockInfo.

Thanks

Does it work with subtle lock?

Thanks
    how do i get this i can't find it in big boss repo?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Anyone know if this works with the Weather Widget and AndroidLock XT?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pakitos View Post
    Does it work with subtle lock?
    Yes, it does work with that tweak. However, I've noticed an issue. It seems that if you press the sleep button to put the phone to sleep And press it again to Awakening too quickly, the background is black. It doesn't show the background that you set for the phone. This is easily fixed by just opening the phone however this has happened multiple times. And sometimes it works just fine. I have stride installed and live wallpapers so that might be an issue. However, it's quite annoying.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,241 Times in 1,865 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 5kylar View Post
    The lock sound thing is a dealbreaker for me. Until thats fixed I don't want it. I absolutely hate that clicking sound it drives me nuts :/
    But agreed, awesome tweak, great work.
    Worse case scenario could you not re-author the "unlock" sound file to a silence aiff or caf file & replace as an interim measure? I also don't like the unlock / keyboard but just mod the audio files as needed.
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

+ Reply
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast