+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple's 'Antennagate' Settlement Checks Out for Delivery

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
It isn't much, but atleast they did something about it.
    Green Apple
    Thanks

It isn't much, but atleast they did something about it.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    Not really sure why settlements like this even exist. $15 a head for what? If you had antennae problems and were in an emergency then what? Silly to me. Our governments answer to everything is a payout. As of that really hurts an entity worth billions. Apple definitely got the last laugh on this one.
    Couldn't you have just moved your finger?

Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
    You think Apple would also return $500 worth of apps I bought?

iPhone 4 was and is a defective phone and should be taken out of market. End of discussion.

Get it from meritline.com. It'll even come in Apple packaging. $2 shipped. It'll come from where its manufactured.
    Go with the 3GS back then and you wouldn't have to worry about yours apps if your that worried. Back then the 3GS was still a top notch phone. Still is s good phone today.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iH85CH001 View Post
    its better than nothing.

its better than nothing dude.

its better than nothing man...

uhh no it is not better than nothing.
    If you are in on this class action lawsuit you gave away your rights to file lawsuit against Apple for this specific problem, all you get in return is $15.
    If you go to small claims court not only you are guaranteed winning this case (Apple is not going to send lawyer for a few hundred dollar claim), and even if they do send a lawyer Apple Steve Jobs already admit fault it is automatic win only thing is the amount on the claim that is in dispute.
    So no it is not better than nothing. There is plenty of ways to get more than $15, you just have to get your butt off your chair and do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Manley Silberhorn View Post
    Couldn't you have just moved your finger?
    I see, move your finger out of natural way of holding the phone get carpal tunnel syndrome to squeeze more money out of Apple. Great idea!!!

Go with the 3GS back then and you wouldn't have to worry about yours apps if your that worried. Back then the 3GS was still a top notch phone. Still is s good phone today.
    Some people sold their old phone before getting a new one, you want to buy one back his old phone for him?

Why do people still look for excuses for Apple when even Steve Jobs admit fault on this??
    Last edited by unison999; 04-24-2013 at 12:01 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
    uhh no it is not better than nothing.
    If you are in on this class action lawsuit you gave away your rights to file lawsuit against Apple for this specific problem, all you get in return is $15.
    If you go to small claims court not only you are guaranteed winning this case (Apple is not going to send lawyer for a few hundred dollar claim), and even if they do send a lawyer Apple Steve Jobs already admit fault it is automatic win only thing is the amount on the claim that is in dispute.
    So no it is not better than nothing. There is plenty of ways to get more than $15, you just have to get your butt off your chair and do it.

I see, move your finger out of natural way of holding the phone get carpal tunnel syndrome to squeeze more money out of Apple. Great idea!!!

Some people sold their old phone before getting a new one, you want to buy one back his old phone for him?

Why do people still look for excuses for Apple when even Steve Jobs admit fault on this??
    People here are being idiots! Apple have you an option of a free case. If you didn't take that when you could've. Then your an idiot. If you didn't want a case. Put the phone in you're left hand where it's not even a problem. If you're still stubborn about it, then you didn't deserve having an iPhone 4 and you should've downgraded to the 3GS which was still a great phone! People just want money that's not even theirs. If you look at the iPhone 5 right now, you can say there is antenna problems. If you have no case or screen protector on the back and you set the iPhone 5 flat on a metal surface facing up, you'll lose a signal. Should I get money for that? No, I'll learn not to set my iPhone 5 down on metal surfaces because I'm not an idiot.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Scotty Manley Silberhorn For This Useful Post:

slim.jim (04-24-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Got mine in the mail today, priceless.

Thanks

People here are being idiots! Apple have you an option of a free case. If you didn't take that when you could've. Then your an idiot. If you didn't want a case. Put the phone in you're left hand where it's not even a problem. If you're still stubborn about it, then you didn't deserve having an iPhone 4 and you should've downgraded to the 3GS which was still a great phone! People just want money that's not even theirs. If you look at the iPhone 5 right now, you can say there is antenna problems. If you have no case or screen protector on the back and you set the iPhone 5 flat on a metal surface facing up, you'll lose a signal. Should I get money for that? No, I'll learn not to set my iPhone 5 down on metal surfaces because I'm not an idiot.
    Well said

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Why should people settle for a bumper and change the look of the iPhone 4? Did Apple advertise iPhone 4 with a bumper around it? The reason they did not is because it looks better without a case! Also do you know how long that damn bumper last? a couple of months, mine broke after 2 months. I've wasted a lot of money on dropped calls + have to repeat myself constantly and paying the bill for the extra minutes which is a hell of a lot more than the $15 Apple is paying.
    Why should people change how they answer their phone because of a design flaw? Do you know awkward that is? How about Apple advertise with people answering their iPhone 4 awkwardly in their commercial to show there is a design flaw?

Sure people want money, but people like me want a phone the same way it was advertised. No bumper, no loss of signal because I hold it naturally. Is that too much to ask from Apple?

Just to be clear I did not join in this class action lawsuit, I know it is lawyer that gets all the money not the people this problem affects.
    Apple could have changed out the antenna pieces with coated piece instead of bare metal, that would have solved lots of people's problem.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to unison999 For This Useful Post:

vinaygoel2000 (04-24-2013)

Thanks

Why should people settle for a bumper and change the look of the iPhone 4? Did Apple advertise iPhone 4 with a bumper around it? The reason they did not is because it looks better without a case! Also do you know how long that damn bumper last? a couple of months, mine broke after 2 months. I've wasted a lot of money on dropped calls + have to repeat myself constantly and paying the bill for the extra minutes which is a hell of a lot more than the $15 Apple is paying.
    Why should people change how they answer their phone because of a design flaw? Do you know awkward that is? How about Apple advertise with people answering their iPhone 4 awkwardly in their commercial to show there is a design flaw?

Sure people want money, but people like me want a phone the same way it was advertised. No bumper, no loss of signal because I hold it naturally. Is that too much to ask from Apple?

Just to be clear I did not join in this class action lawsuit, I know it is lawyer that gets all the money not the people this problem affects.
    Apple could have changed out the antenna pieces with coated piece instead of bare metal, that would have solved lots of people's problem.
    Once again it sounds like your problem was just with phone calls, 3GS is the phone you should've used if you are so ridiculously picky. Put a clear sticker or something. The features of that phone at the time outweighed that problem. Be happy that apple actually did as much as they did. I ordered a bumper before I got my phone and apple refunded me and let me keep the bumper, they also have me another free case from the case program. Plus, they gave you the option to refund. Plus they gave you the $15 for the lawsuit. Quit acting like a 6 year old and always complaining about how you don't have enough.

Thanks

I've wasted a lot of money on dropped calls + have to repeat myself constantly and paying the bill for the extra minutes which is a hell of a lot more than the $15 Apple is paying.
    You used that many extra minutes that you got hit for overage charges? I find that very hard to believe. I have 4 iPhones on my account with 750 mins a month shared between them and NEVER go over. With AT&T if I do go over I have 5000+ rollover minutes built up.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by slim.jim View Post
    You used that many extra minutes that you got hit for overage charges? I find that very hard to believe. I have 4 iPhones on my account with 750 mins a month shared between them and NEVER go over. With AT&T if I do go over I have 5000+ rollover minutes built up.

I said I had to repeat myself due to bad reception (in previous posts), which cost money because with proper reception I would not have to repeat myself and use my minutes. Why should I pay for the extra minutes because of Apple's design flaw? Just because you do not go over your minutes does not mean others don't, I use my phone for work and personal use many time I have to give instructions for work over and over because of bad reception.

As to getting back iPhones because of bad design...
    I gave away my 3GS when I bought the iphone 4, am I suppose to take it back and disappoint a kid because Apple can't get their stuff together? Others sold their phone when they got the iPhone 4, are they suppose to locate the new owner and ask for it back? Why should they do this just because Apple screwed things up with iPhone 4?

It is just sad that people will turn a blind eye to an obvious design flaw even Apple admit is there.
    Last edited by unison999; 04-29-2013 at 10:46 AM.

Thanks

Please read carefully.
    I said I had to repeat myself due to bad reception, which cost money because with proper reception I would not have to repeat myself and use my minutes. Why should I pay for the extra minutes because of Apple's design flaw? Just because you do not go over your minutes does not mean others don't, I use my phone for work and personal use many time I have to give instructions for work over and over because of bad reception.

As to getting back iPhones because of bad design...
    I gave away my 3GS when I bought the iphone 4, am I suppose to take it back and disappoint a kid because Apple can't get their stuff together? Others sold their phone when they got the iPhone 4, are they suppose to locate the new owner and ask for it back? Why should they do this just because Apple screwed things up with iPhone 4?

It is just sad that people will turn a blind eye to an obvious design flaw even Apple admit is there.
    You could've taken your iPhone 4 back to the store and reused your upgrade to get a free iPhone 3GS. As for the design flaw, no one is denying that there was one. Nobody thinks it was a big deal because we weren't idiots that kept putting their finger on the spot you obviously knew that would drop signal. There are design flaws with every single electronically device in the world. People adjust and get used to them. We suggest you do the same.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12