Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ProTube Extension for YouTube 2.0 Now Out With Huge Improvements and New Features

Default ProTube Extension for YouTube 2.0 Coming Soon With Huge Improvements and New Features

ProTube Extension for YouTube by iOS developer Jonas Gessner is about to receive an update to version 2.0, which adds support for the latest YouTube application update and adds several new features as well as bug fixes and stability improvements. Version 2.0 is a partial re-write of the entire jailbreak tweak, and has been submitted to Cydia's BigBoss repository.

Version 2.0 of ProTube Extension for YouTube not only adds support for the latest YouTube application update, but also brings a better interface, the ability to pause downloads, the ability to organize downloaded videos into folders, adds a built-in music player, and includes better file management.

One of the major new features of ProTube Extension for YouTube 2.0 is the Bridge integration. Users will no longer need to exit the YouTube application to import media to the media library, which is a nice polished touch. Bridge is still a separate purchase from ProTube Extension for YouTube.

Additional new features users will find in ProTube Extension for YouTube 2.0 include:

• Background audio playback for videos
    • A redesigned download manager
    • Create playlists out of your downloaded videos
    • Resume failed downloads or paused downloads
    • A new audio player for audio files
    • Multi-file selection editing
    • Enable or disable auto-playing videos
    • Choose your default playback quality for videos
    • Choose the audio download quality
    • Enable bypassing of 18+ restrictions
    • Enable bypassing of blocked videos

Many of the features mentioned above will be configurable via a new preferences pane in the Settings application for ProTube Extension for YouTube in version 2.0:

You can expect to find ProTube Extension for YouTube version 2.0 in Cydia very soon; probably in the next 24 hours. Keep your eyes peeled!

Update: ProTube Extension for YouTube 2.0 is now live in Cydia!

Sources: Jonas Gessner
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 04-20-2013 at 01:31 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

zplit (04-19-2013)

He still didn't reply to my question after asking and asking. Ignored again. I give up.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    What question?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kokhean View Post
    He still didn't reply to my question after asking and asking. Ignored again. I give up.
    Jonas is not a friendly guy trust me. I've fought with him over stupid ****. He gives people a attitude for no reason.

My iPhone is a Part of Me keenpois0n's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmm..I've seen this before. Looks like he took a bit of 'influence' from yourtube.

iPhone? More like MyPhone DayumQuitPlayin's Avatar
    Thanks

About time. I'm constantly going to Cydia in hopes for an update to ProTube. Was so close to purchasing Yourtube.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I've had the extension for a while now but went back to the app because of the ability to play the "not playable on mobile" videos. Glad this feature is coming to the extension. Thanks Jonas!
    Btw, why the hell do people set the videos to not play on mobile?

Quote Originally Posted by PeezaPi View Post
    I've had the extension for a while now but went back to the app because of the ability to play the "not playable on mobile" videos. Glad this feature is coming to the extension. Thanks Jonas!
    Btw, why the hell do people set the videos to not play on mobile?
    Before google put out a standalone app, the YouTuber who made the video would not get ad revenue from a mobile view. Even with the new app it wasn't until a few updates in that google added mobile ads to the app.

P.S. update is already out!

Quote Originally Posted by kokhean View Post
    Hey,

if you're talking about my support email then I understand. I've been having strange issues with it lately and I missed many mails. But it seems like the issue is resolved now.

On twitter I sometes get questions which I have already answered with a tweet to the public, and I usually don't want to repeat those things again and again. I'm usually really busy and don't have much time for twitter :/ Just check my tweets and you're good to go

- Jonas

Quote Originally Posted by Maxner View Post
    Hey,

if you're talking about my support email then I understand. I've been having strange issues with it lately and I missed many mails. But it seems like the issue is resolved now.

On twitter I sometes get questions which I have already answered with a tweet to the public, and I usually don't want to repeat those things again and again. I'm usually really busy and don't have much time for twitter :/ Just check my tweets and you're good to go

- Jonas
    I take back those words then

I don't see the update - still 1.6.3 for protubeHD

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    I don't see the update - still 1.6.3 for protubeHD
    Same here...
    -= Formally known as SiLeNtKiLLa =-

Yea I didn't see the update must have had to pull it for something

All those who don't have it, Refresh sources? I had it show up 8 hours ago, and I know it's the update because the new Audio playback screen looks like the stock music app, except a little "protube" logo is there, it's a very beautiful layout now

confucious, iBanks and wolverinemarky you must have misunderstood this post This is an update for the package "ProTube Extension for YouTube" not for ProTube or ProTube HD. The updates for ProTube and ProTube HD will follow, I have no definite ETA tho.

What's the difference between this and YourTube? I have YourTube now is it worth getting protube? Thanks

ProTube Extension is less than half the price of YourTube. It has a better look, more features and its easier to use. Especially managing downloaded videos is much easier thanks to ProTube's multi-selection editing.

I am confuse can somebody help me here do I need your tube or pro tube before I install pro tube Extension.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG BUFF View Post
    I am confuse can somebody help me here do I need your tube or pro tube before I install pro tube Extension.
    Neither, just download the YouTube app from the App Store and download "pro tube extension for YouTube" and you're set to go

Quote Originally Posted by fanboyfanboy View Post
    Neither, just download the YouTube app from the App Store and download "pro tube extension for YouTube" and you're set to go
    THANKS, i got it working now😎

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast