Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
iPhone Newsforums, a part of the
04-18-2013, 04:32 PM #1
'Secretary' is Your Personal Secretary for Missed Notifications
A new jailbreak tweak called Secretary by iOS developer VladMax Soft promises to be your personal secretary – announcing all of your missed notifications to you without having to peruse through them all yourself.
Secretary can announce the number of missed calls, the number of unread messages (whether they're text messages or iMessages) and what they say, and any calendar notifications that you have. The tweak announces this information whenever you connect your device to a Bluetooth headset, a Bluetooth system in a car, or headphones via the headphone jack.
In case you were wondering what the tweak sounds like, if you had three missed calls, one unread text message from Anthony that said, "Hello, this is a test message," and two calendar events coming up, the Secretary jailbreak tweak would sound something like this:
You have some notifications. Missed calls: three. Unread messages: one. Calendar events: two. Message from Anthony is, "Hello, this is a test message."
You can configure the tweak’s options via the Secretary preferences pane in the Settings application:
From the options, you will be able to:
- Configure the volume level of your Secretary announcements
- Choose to hear, or not hear, announcements for amount of missed calls
- Choose to hear, or not hear, announcements for amount of missed messages
- Choose to hear, or not hear, announcements for message content
- Choose to hear, or not hear, announcements for calendar events
- Choose the time frame of calendar events to hear in your announement
- Choose the output for your Secretary announcements – Bluetooth or plug-in headphones
- Choose to hear, or not hear, announcements for new message senders
- Choose to hear, or not hear, announcements for new message content
- Choose the output for your new message announcements – Bluetooth, plug-in headphones, or speaker
Secretary is designed for iOS 6, so it won’t work on any older firmware. It also runs on any iOS device that is an iPhone 3GS or newer and can run iOS 6. If you're interested in giving it a try, you will find it in Cydia's BigBoss repository for $1.99.
Requirements: iOS 6, iPhone 3GS+
Developer: VladMax Soft
Editor's Rating: 4/5
The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:
04-19-2013, 10:07 AM #2
Would this work with what's app messages ? and other notifications ?
04-21-2013, 08:18 AM #3
Gee... That's. one. Tall. iPhone.
04-21-2013, 09:46 AM #4
This app is awesome. This should be a standard feature of iOS. Works very well. Best money spent.
IMHO, this is a must have app. The new update fixes the repeating issue.
The developer desires a big thank you. My wife loves the app also.
Why was this not given 5/5?????