+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Microsoft Executive Trashes iOS by Calling it "Boring"

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Sadly I would have to agree.. Thanks to DreamBoard and EndFinity I have Strife lol!
    Thanks

Sadly I would have to agree.. Thanks to DreamBoard and EndFinity I have Strife lol!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jdot1224 For This Useful Post:

Silverado1987 (04-18-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone sirbebe's Avatar
    Thanks

A business man is not going to reach in his pocket and pull out a phone that looks like Mickey mouse. The iPhone has class and style.. IMO
    Black iPhone 4 32G jail-broken iOS 5.1 R.P

iPhone? More like MyPhone 5kylar's Avatar
    Thanks

As long as I'm running a jailbreak no other mobile OS compares
    iPhone 5c - iOS 7.0.4 Jailbroken

5. The Following User Says Thank You to 5kylar For This Useful Post:

oldskoolsk8r (04-18-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I do have to give it to Microsoft though. Out of all the current platforms their OS is the only one that looks somewhat unique.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NegativeBeef View Post
    I do have to give it to Microsoft though. Out of all the current platforms their OS is the only one that looks somewhat unique.
    Unique can mean a lot of things lol. I think it looks stupid in my opinion, like a bunch of friggin Lego blocks. Maybe some triangles and rhombus's next time? At least it would look sharper ;P

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Reeiiko View Post
    Clearely he hasn't tried a jailbroken iOS device
    This. Right. *******. Here.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Fate1121's Avatar
    Thanks

Gotta love the 12 colors you can pick from on the W8 phones (sarcasm)..... my girlfriend has Nokia and I tell her to download a app oh wait windows store doesn't have it lol.

She actually made the comment that her phone was boring the other day

Thanks

Plan and simple ios is boring with out jailbreakin. I would never own a unjialbroken ios device . Js

Thanks

Microsoft makes phones now?

Thanks

I'll never get bored of IOS because I have been with IOS since day 1 and it gets even better after the JB !!!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

While everyone is mentioning jailbreak, you won't have it if you have to restore. Anyone checked Cydia lately? Then what will your iPhone be? From the responses, apparently it would be boring, which is what the exec says. Most of you are agreeing and then saying, oh yeah, jailbreak.

Personal experience may not matter to many, but I've seen business professionals show off their phone and other business professionals buy one directly after that because it is functional and easier to access what they need. Why are people comparing Windows 95/XP BSOD to a phone? That's eccentric. As for apps, the business professionals I know all have the apps they need for what they want, some being ex-iPhone users.

iCurrently use two iPhones, so I'm not a hater, some people just need to think outside the bezel. It doesn't matter to some people they can't play Warfield Saga Rope Birds, because they just don't have time. I don't have time, either.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

IOS is very boring now. I used to love using my phone for everything else besides a phone, but now its basically a regular phone that i can look up random **** with. It needs a complete revamp IMO. New icons and shapes of those icons. Options to add applications to the lockscreen. Any of you seen that new Yahoo weather thing? that app looks beautiful, if i could make that my lockscreen that would be amazing. More options to make my phone look different than the billion of other iphone users. They have been getting complacent and i would like to switch phones if they dont do anything to improve, but i dont want to lose my sync abilities with macbook/phone/appletv.

jailbreaking was fun when i first got the iphone way back in 07 or 08, but stability/speed issues and the constant holding off on updates and waiting for a new jailbreak is annoying and not worth it anymore

iPhone? More like MyPhone Slim J's Avatar
    Thanks

I never liked WP7 or 8. The main reason is the interface. I hate the large, blocky, flat interface of WP and I personally find the WP interface rather dull. WP is all monochrome and all of the customization features of the WP is either a black or white background and preset colored tiles and you can't custom set a color (such as a color wheel or palette). Also with that, I find the live tiles the worst thing about WP8. It shows everything at once and it's very chaotic with all sorts of moving icons. The huge problem with Windows Phone is the lack of customization and every phone piratically looks the same.

I hate Windows 8 for about the same reason I hate WP. Until M$ can get their s**t together, I'm sticking with Windows 7. If they can't, I will have to find a home elsewhere. All Windows 8 is they removed all that was good out of Windows, took all that was bad with Windows Phone, and mashed it together to make that half baked OS better known as Windows 8. I'm not going to go into what I hate on Windows 8 because I can honestly write a novel on it if I really wanted to.

All I can say here recently is Microsoft has made alot of mistakes in a very short period. A few to state is Windows 8, Windows RT with its uselessness, Office 2013 with it's almost 300% price jump from 2010 (2010 home was $160 and allows you to install up to 3 computers and 2013 home is $140 but only works with 1 computer), and if the rumors are true, a tightly restricted next gen Xbox with strict DRM.
    Last edited by Slim J; 04-18-2013 at 07:40 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Yeah iOS is boring... Until you jailbreak it and get some themes and extra addons lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by silentassassin12 View Post
    IOS is very boring now. I used to love using my phone for everything else besides a phone, but now its basically a regular phone that i can look up random **** with. It needs a complete revamp IMO. New icons and shapes of those icons. Options to add applications to the lockscreen. Any of you seen that new Yahoo weather thing? that app looks beautiful, if i could make that my lockscreen that would be amazing. More options to make my phone look different than the billion of other iphone users. They have been getting complacent and i would like to switch phones if they dont do anything to improve, but i dont want to lose my sync abilities with macbook/phone/appletv.

jailbreaking was fun when i first got the iphone way back in 07 or 08, but stability/speed issues and the constant holding off on updates and waiting for a new jailbreak is annoying and not worth it anymore
    Spot on!
    I literally lost days-worth of my life on my iPhone and I remember when the jailbreak scene was so exciting.
    Now, Samsung really have pulled some tricks out of their sleeves and I'm on the edge of making that jump.....only problem is my life is literally synced between my Apple devices. Guess i could just buy an iPod Touch to replace me iPhone

iPhone? More like MyPhone ABOSWORTH's Avatar
    Thanks

I haven't messed around on a Windows phone but it looks retarded. That home screen looks like a damn baby's toy.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Slim J View Post
    I never liked WP7 or 8. The main reason is the interface. I hate the large, blocky, flat interface of WP and I personally find the WP interface rather dull. WP is all monochrome and all of the customization features of the WP is either a black or white background and preset colored tiles and you can't custom set a color (such as a color wheel or palette). Also with that, I find the live tiles the worst thing about WP8. It shows everything at once and it's very chaotic with all sorts of moving icons. The huge problem with Windows Phone is the lack of customization and every phone piratically looks the same.

I hate Windows 8 for about the same reason I hate WP. Until M$ can get their s**t together, I'm sticking with Windows 7. If they can't, I will have to find a home elsewhere. All Windows 8 is they removed all that was good out of Windows, took all that was bad with Windows Phone, and mashed it together to make that half baked OS better known as Windows 8. I'm not going to go into what I hate on Windows 8 because I can honestly write a novel on it if I really wanted to.

All I can say here recently is Microsoft has made alot of mistakes in a very short period. A few to state is Windows 8, Windows RT with its uselessness, Office 2013 with it's almost 300% price jump from 2010 (2010 home was $160 and allows you to install up to 3 computers and 2013 home is $140 but only works with 1 computer), and if the rumors are true, a tightly restricted next gen Xbox with strict DRM.
    I agree the phones suck. I used to think Win8 was a horrible idea too but I just bought a new pc recently and it came with Win8. It's really not that bad. everything is still there except the start button menu. Which is replaced by their blocky mess of squares and rectangles. But once you get used to it it's pretty great. And fast. But as for a phone I'll stick with my iPhone and it's apparently "boring" OS

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12