+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Grabby Updated With Support for 5 Application Grabbers and Custom App Shortcuts

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,041 Times in 763 Posts

Default Grabby Updated With Support for 5 Application Grabbers and Custom App Shortcuts

Grabby, a popular new jailbreak tweak that is in its beta stages from iOS hacker and developer Ryan Petrich has been updated Tuesday with some additional features. Grabby is based off of an iOS concept created by concept designer Sentry_NC back in December of last year.

The update to Grabby gives the user the ability to have up to five grabbers, rather than the previous four. In addition, the grabbers can be customized so you can put them in any order you wish, and you can even set them to specific applications that aren’t in your pre-defined choice list, which has been updated to include a Calendar application grabber.

Users that pick an application not already in the pre-defined choice list will see an application icon on one of the grabbers, just as shown above. Grabber order, number of grabbers, and grabber functionality can be configured in the Grabber preferences pane located in the Settings application:

The update is free, since the tweak in itself is free; however, you won’t find it in any of Cydia’s default repositories. If you’re interested in trying Grabby, you will have to add Ryan Petrich’s beta repository by following the steps below:

• tap on the Manage tab
    • tap on the Sources button
    • tap on the Edit button
    • tap on the Add button
    • enter the following URL and then tap Add Source:

PHP Code:
    http://rpetri.ch/repo/ 

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

Nikhil Gorwani (04-18-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me fanboyfanboy's Avatar
    Thanks

I still have a problem where whenever I slide the grabber left to choose something, it instantly shoots to the top of the screen, don't know whether it's an ISX conflict or androidlockxt conflict.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Same problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by fanboyfanboy View Post
    I still have a problem where whenever I slide the grabber left to choose something, it instantly shoots to the top of the screen, don't know whether it's an ISX conflict or androidlockxt conflict.
    Looks like I'm gonna stick with JellyLock

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Is not working with SubtleLock

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pakitos View Post
    Is not working with SubtleLock
    I can confirm that this does not totally work with subtle lock, it only allows one "Grabby"

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Is anyone having a problem with folder enhancer after using grabby to open an app? My folders overlap the status bar and needs a respring to fix it.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to NelsonMandelski For This Useful Post:

iH85CH001 (04-17-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMandelski View Post
    Is anyone having a problem with folder enhancer after using grabby to open an app? My folders overlap the status bar and needs a respring to fix it.

Yes, I can reproduce this as well. I have issues with some Activator gestures as well, again after having opened something with Grabby and going back to the Homescreen. For example swipe left or right on the statusbar doesn't work.
    Potentially a great tweak, but these issues are holding me back for the time being.
    Last edited by Fafner1976; 04-17-2013 at 05:14 AM.

Thanks

I installed grabby and nothing has changed, how do I get grabby to show up?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tat2me2 View Post
    I can confirm that this does not totally work with subtle lock, it only allows one "Grabby"

It works fine for me with only the slider of SubtleLock enabled and the clock/weather widget of LockInfo5. Get a second or 2 of black screen before the app you want launches but it's not too bad.
    Grabby Updated With Support for 5 Application Grabbers and Custom App Shortcuts-photo.png

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Freund117 View Post
    I installed grabby and nothing has changed, how do I get grabby to show up?
    Same here, IDK which of my tweeks is having a conflict with grabby

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fafner1976 View Post
    Yes, I can reproduce this as well. I have issues with some Activator gestures as well, again after having opened something with Grabby and going back to the Homescreen. For example swipe left or right on the statusbar doesn't work.
    Potentially a great tweak, but these issues are holding me back for the time being.
    I have the same problem with the activator gestures on the status bar as well, I have to open an app to be able to use the gesture for my sbsettings.

Quote Originally Posted by wesker17 View Post
    Same here, IDK which of my tweeks is having a conflict with grabby
    Hold onto the camera grabber and move your finger along to the left. You can configure the settings for it in the settings app.

Thanks

Yes. Same here. Thats why i uninstalled Grabby.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Just installed. Pretty slick.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Jellylock ALL day, sorry ryan but this is still way too beta for me

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I have the same problem with the activator gestures on the status bar as well, I have to open an app to be able to use the gesture for my sbsettings.

Hold onto the camera grabber and move your finger along to the left. You can configure the settings for it in the settings app.
    The grabber problem solved ty! now I also have a problem with activator, I set it so that when I hold the statusbar it locks my phone but it dosent seems to work...

Overal i think is a great tweek, with some ares to improve but its a good tweek