Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 5S to Sport 12MP Camera, Says Report

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,480 Times in 566 Posts

Default iPhone 5S to Sport 12MP Camera, Says Report

According to reports out of southeast Asia tonight, Apple's next generation iPhone will deliver some impressive hardware enhancements.

Vietnamese blog Tinhte.vn asserts that inside sources at Wonderful Saigon Electrics - the maker of iPhone camera modules - will produce a spectacular 12-mexapixel camera (rear-facing) capable of previously unimaginable photography in a wide variety of circumstances, including nighttime or low light conditions.

Given that Apple's iPhone 5 largely delivers the same 8-megapixel camera first introduced with the iPhone 4S, a significant camera upgrade doesn't seem unreasonable in the least.

Sources across the Asian supply and manufacturing chains indicate that the iPhone 5S could debut in June during Apple's 2013 World Wide Developer's Conference.

Source: Tinhte.vn [via Mac Rumors]

Thanks
    8 MP is plenty for me. But 12 MP? Sure why not. What I really want to see is an increase in screen size. Speculation that the iPhone 6 will introduce the 5 inch display? Hopefully so imho.

I'm conflicted. After experiencing the Galaxy Note II, I don't think I could tolerate another small iPhone, but I want to go back to iOS after two years of Android and I just can't tolerate the smaller screen. Even if they make a large one I would STILL consider the Galaxy Note II due to the stylus and such, though I crave the polish of iOS and can't wait to return to it (especially jailbroken). There's STILL no way to download YouTube videos or play them in the background on Android! I want SpringFlash, ProTube, SMS GV Extensions + iMessage, and so much more, so I think iOS wins me back as long as they can come close to the Galaxy Note II's perfect size and we get a good jailbreak.

What? An optical zoom with Leica Lens? Oh, I thought we are talking about iPhone 7.

I don't want a larger phone... I'm on the 3.5" screen on the 4S, and I was upset when they launched the 4". I personally like small phones, but everyone always talks about how they want a larger phone so I feel I am In the minority

iPhone? More like MyPhone DieselVexx's Avatar
    Thanks

+ one fanboy

Quote Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
    I'm conflicted. After experiencing the Galaxy Note II, I don't think I could tolerate another small iPhone, but I want to go back to iOS after two years of Android and I just can't tolerate the smaller screen. Even if they make a large one I would STILL consider the Galaxy Note II due to the stylus and such, though I crave the polish of iOS and can't wait to return to it (especially jailbroken). There's STILL no way to download YouTube videos or play them in the background on Android! I want SpringFlash, ProTube, SMS GV Extensions + iMessage, and so much more, so I think iOS wins me back as long as they can come close to the Galaxy Note II's perfect size and we get a good jailbreak.
    Sorry man but some of us don't want to carry a tablet with us. iPhone 5 screen is perfect.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ggonxhi For This Useful Post:

rickuk (04-16-2013)

To CZroe:

Just get Youtube Downloader, sorry but you don't know much about android I guess.
    Sorry for offtopic:P

13MP whoopie f'n doo!!!!

I just want to see what ios 7 will look like.

Quote Originally Posted by holyshnikes View Post
    I just want to see what ios 7 will look like.
    I second that bring on IOS 7

Quote Originally Posted by fanboyfanboy View Post
    I don't want a larger phone... I'm on the 3.5" screen on the 4S, and I was upset when they launched the 4". I personally like small phones, but everyone always talks about how they want a larger phone so I feel I am In the minority
    Don't knock it til you try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    That's what she said, then I tried it and she wasn't that good

Agreed. My wife and daughter are hoping for an iPhone Nano. . The iPhone 5 is just too big for their pockets.

It needs a bigger screen. The 5 is too skinny. If they kept it the same length or maybe a tad longer and made it a bit wider, I'd be all over it. I wouldn't even buy a 5S unless there was a jailbreak available though.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    I have a few friends with the GS3 and one with the note 2, I've tried just messing around with it, and it's just too big for my liking, but that's just my own opinion

Quote Originally Posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
    It needs a bigger screen. The 5 is too skinny. If they kept it the same length or maybe a tad longer and made it a bit wider, I'd be all over it. I wouldn't even buy a 5S unless there was a jailbreak available though.
    Don't buy an iPhone if you need a jailbreak, you should buy an iPhone because you love the phone, and the jailbreak is just a bonus. If you really want customization so much just go with an android

Don't buy an iPhone if you need a jailbreak, you should buy an iPhone because you love the phone, and the jailbreak is just a bonus. If you really want customization so much just go with an android
    I'll do whatever the hell I want, thank you very much. LOL

I really like a jailbroken iPhone more than Android. I've messed around on a GS3 for quite a while and I just don't like the OS as much. The only thing I like better about it is the screen size. It really has a beautiful screen. The OS feels cheap compared to iOS. As I said though, I will not even consider buying an iPhone if I can't have a jailbreak.

Thats quite a good leap

iPhone? More like MyPhone MOJO5873's Avatar
    Thanks

I also hope they do not make a larger phone. Sorry, but I do not have a Fanny Pak to my phone in. If you want a larger phone, but the mini. JS.

Thanks

Finally! I think the current 8MP is good but this will be great. I do like the iPhone 5's bigger display(it grew on me) This mixed with a better camera should be a great combo.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast