+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile Celebrating Successful iPhone 5 Launch

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,479 Times in 565 Posts

Default T-Mobile Celebrating Successful iPhone 5 Launch

The iPhone 5 is off to a strong start with T-Mobile, according to the carrier that introduced Apple's current generation smartphone to T-mobile subscribers on Friday.

Not surprisingly, executives at T-Mobile didn't wait long to boast of the successful weekend launch.

“Today has been gangbusters for T-Mobile,” CMO Mike Sievert told AllThingsD. “We experienced lines out the door this morning at nearly all of our almost 3,000 stores nationwide.”

T-Mobile is making the iPhone a key part of its rebranding effort — a push that also includes ditching phone subsidies and long-term contracts and playing a serious game of catch-up when it comes to building its LTE network.
    After years of rumors leading up to Friday's launch, late last month T-Mobile subscribers learned they were finally gaining access to Apple’s flagship device. As of this writing, however, T-Mobile has not confirmed any opening weekend sales data.

We'll have to wait for that.

Source: AllThingsD

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Any picture proof the lines?

My iPhone is a Part of Me GrandMstrBud's Avatar
    Thanks

Not sure if it was successful after the pre order mess. I still have not got mine and I pre ordered. I decided to drive to a store to get one and paid full retail and it's not unlocked so I have a pending unlock request. So Saturday I said screw it and ordered the unlocked version online from apple and they sent me the model without AWS bands. I am on the phone with apple now and they have no clue what I'm talking about when it comes to having the AWS bands.
    Last edited by GrandMstrBud; 04-15-2013 at 10:38 AM.

Banned
    Thanks

Cant wait to leave at&t for tmobile

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    i dont know how successful it was im waiting for mine to get to my house today.they had a huge pre order mess with my order getting canceled 2 times.i saw a decent amount of people in the local stores around me but not lines out the door

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Why aren't people waiting for another 3 months?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

The negative side to this is that all iphone 5 for tmobile are 6.1.3 non jailbreakable until ios7

Green Apple
    Thanks

I was at tmobile friday. got there before they opened just in case. There was maybe 6 of us in "line". The reps came outside to take a picture of the line which was kind of funny since it was not much of a line. Everything went fast without issues.

A reply to why i would get it now that the 5s is probably coming in september... I've been waiting for an iphone for a few years and the 5 is more than capable to keep me busy for a couple years... Also remember with the new plans, you can payoff the phone faster therefore can get a new one right after...

Quote Originally Posted by orgy9111 View Post
    The negative side to this is that all iphone 5 for tmobile are 6.1.3 non jailbreakable until ios7
    Yes i hate that... although i heard reports of some having 6.1.2 out of the box...
    Last edited by pottyvick; 04-15-2013 at 11:08 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

6.1.2 out of box? NICE!!!!!11

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I can confirm that "some" of the phones come with 6.1.2. My family jumped ship from AT&T and all 3 16gbs were using 6.1.2. 3 other friends did the same and they both got theirs in the mail with 6.1.2. Then I have another that got one that was 6.1.3 but the rep updated it there. He quickly asked for another phone and it indeed had 6.1.2. The only thing I don't like is that they don't carry the other versions in store. If you want more capacity then you have to order online.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jzhu625 View Post
    6.1.2 out of box? NICE!!!!!11
    YES i bought the iphone from t-mobile on Saturday. I am happily jailbroken on 6.1.2!!!!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
    Why aren't people waiting for another 3 months?
    Because it would mean staying with AT&T which many people hate.
    Had I known T-Mobile would get new iPhone I would have waited, but now I am locked in with AT&T for 2 years.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xsboredom View Post
    YES i bought the iphone from t-mobile on Saturday. I am happily jailbroken on 6.1.2!!!!
    So evasi0n works on the tmobile iphone. No hardware/tweak/software issues??

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,458 Times in 6,384 Posts

Why wouldn't it?
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pottyvick View Post
    Yes i hate that... although i heard reports of some having 6.1.2 out of the box...
    I left AT&T on Friday and signed up for T-mobile. I already had an iPhone 5, but my girl didn't so I purchased one for her and was shocked that it was still on 6.1.2 right out of the box. I immediately took it away from her until I could get home so I could jailbreak it before she did something stupid to botch the opportunity lol.

I was with AT&T since 2007 when the first iPhone was released and while I am looking forward to being a T-mobile customer and getting a cheaper bill I have to say so far the service is not living up to standards. I already have an issue with my iPhone 5 (ill get to that in a minute), but since moving to T-mobile I barely get 4G or even 3G service for that matter. Often my phone is running on EDGE in most parts of NYC or I'm getting no service at all. Anyone else in NYC experiencing this? I thought about doing the carrier hack so I could connect to LTE, but I can only assume that it's in a testing phase since it has not been officially rolled out yet in NYC.

As for the dilemma with my iPhone 5, I just don't know what to do since it may be a hardware issue. When I bought it at the AT&T store right out of the box my it has been experience random signal loss to the point now where it's now getting frustrating. I didn't notice the problem until until a few days after purchase, but I had already jail broken it, iOS 6.1.3 had already been announced and I didn't want to miss the chance of not having my phone jail broken. Sorry an iPhone is great and all, but honestly it's just not worth owning unless it's jail broken.

Anyway, the problem is with the phone signal icon which is never at full bars. Often fluctuates between 3 bars to no bars to no service. Sounds a bit like my T-mobile problem huh or maybe its why I am having T-mobile problems? The weird part about all this is if I'm on a call it doesn't drop, however if I'm not on a call and I try to make one it will take a few moments longer to connect while its searching for service. I should have taken the phone back after I noticed the problem, but I was hoping the problem was software related and since the phone was on 6.0.1 when I bought it I thought updating to 6.1.2 would have fixed the problem. Sadly it didn't and while I always new the problem was there it wasn't so bad when I was on AT&T.

I researched the problem and it seems a lot of people are in the same boat as me, but there doesn't seem to be Amy fix or any acknowledgement from Apple that there may have been a problem with a batch of their phones. It's probably and issue similar to the antenna gate thing or the phone itself is just defective ? At this point I'll just have to suck it up since I don't plan on taking it in for repairs as I'd most likely lose my jailbreak. All I can hope for is a jailbreak for iOS 7 and at that point I can take it in for repairs.

Anyone else experiencing random signal loss / fluctuations with an i5 and was able to resolve it?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Spyruf View Post
    So evasi0n works on the tmobile iphone. No hardware/tweak/software issues??
    Only if on software version 6.1.2

Quote Originally Posted by rodnutz View Post
    I left AT&T on Friday and signed up for T-mobile. I already had an iPhone 5, but my girl didn't so I purchased one for her and was shocked that it was still on 6.1.2 right out of the box. I immediately took it away from her until I could get home so I could jailbreak it before she did something stupid to botch the opportunity lol.

I was with AT&T since 2007 when the first iPhone was released and while I am looking forward to being a T-mobile customer and getting a cheaper bill I have to say so far the service is not living up to standards. I already have an issue with my iPhone 5 (ill get to that in a minute), but since moving to T-mobile I barely get 4G or even 3G service for that matter. Often my phone is running on EDGE in most parts of NYC or I'm getting no service at all. Anyone else in NYC experiencing this? I thought about doing the carrier hack so I could connect to LTE, but I can only assume that it's in a testing phase since it has not been officially rolled out yet in NYC.

As for the dilemma with my iPhone 5, I just don't know what to do since it may be a hardware issue. When I bought it at the AT&T store right out of the box my it has been experience random signal loss to the point now where it's now getting frustrating. I didn't notice the problem until until a few days after purchase, but I had already jail broken it, iOS 6.1.3 had already been announced and I didn't want to miss the chance of not having my phone jail broken. Sorry an iPhone is great and all, but honestly it's just not worth owning unless it's jail broken.

Anyway, the problem is with the phone signal icon which is never at full bars. Often fluctuates between 3 bars to no bars to no service. Sounds a bit like my T-mobile problem huh or maybe its why I am having T-mobile problems? The weird part about all this is if I'm on a call it doesn't drop, however if I'm not on a call and I try to make one it will take a few moments longer to connect while its searching for service. I should have taken the phone back after I noticed the problem, but I was hoping the problem was software related and since the phone was on 6.0.1 when I bought it I thought updating to 6.1.2 would have fixed the problem. Sadly it didn't and while I always new the problem was there it wasn't so bad when I was on AT&T.

I researched the problem and it seems a lot of people are in the same boat as me, but there doesn't seem to be Amy fix or any acknowledgement from Apple that there may have been a problem with a batch of their phones. It's probably and issue similar to the antenna gate thing or the phone itself is just defective ? At this point I'll just have to suck it up since I don't plan on taking it in for repairs as I'd most likely lose my jailbreak. All I can hope for is a jailbreak for iOS 7 and at that point I can take it in for repairs.

Anyone else experiencing random signal loss / fluctuations with an i5 and was able to resolve it?
    I have been with t-mobile for a few years now. But i am in phoenix. And here the signal is great and reliable (in most parts of the city). My signal doesn't fluctuate at all. The places I had bad signal before are still the same with the iphone so can't complain there. It could be just that phone (if at all). Although may also be tmobile in NYC isn't as strong as it should be...
    Last edited by pottyvick; 04-15-2013 at 03:41 PM.

Thanks

So apple is selling the T-Mobile version for 650 for the 16GB version and it's LOCKED to T-Mobile. WTF Apple a 650 dollar phone that can only be used on T-Mobile?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GrandMstrBud View Post
    So apple is selling the T-Mobile version for 650 for the 16GB version and it's LOCKED to T-Mobile. WTF Apple a 650 dollar phone that can only be used on T-Mobile?
    According to t-mobile site its 579.00 but from what i hear t-mobile factory unlocks it but not sure how long that takes...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pottyvick View Post
    According to t-mobile site its 579.00 but from what i hear t-mobile factory unlocks it but not sure how long that takes...
    No they don't I bought mine for 579.00 and they said I need to wait 14/40/60 days. Yes 3 different stories but from information I found online it looks like 40 days. Then if you buy the T-Mobile version from apple it's also locked to T-Mobile from what a few apple reps have stated. Believe me it's been a mess and T-Mobile is a nightmare to deal with. As soon as I hit 40 days I'll be leaving T-Mobile after all this that's for sure but I have not decided if I will just return it and go back and buy the Nexus 4. I can buy almost 2 of those that are unlocked for the price of 1 iPhone that's locked.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,073 Times in 934 Posts

Interesting that its the 16GB w/ 6.1.2. Makes me think Apple made too many while consumers w/ other carriers wanted the extra storage. There must be a surplus of 16GB iPhones somewhere...