+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile Celebrating Successful iPhone 5 Launch

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by GrandMstrBud No they don't I bought mine for 579.00 and they said I need to wait 14/40/60 days. Yes 3 different stories but from information I found
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GrandMstrBud View Post
    No they don't I bought mine for 579.00 and they said I need to wait 14/40/60 days. Yes 3 different stories but from information I found online it looks like 40 days. Then if you buy the T-Mobile version from apple it's also locked to T-Mobile from what a few apple reps have stated. Believe me it's been a mess and T-Mobile is a nightmare to deal with. As soon as I hit 40 days I'll be leaving T-Mobile after all this that's for sure but I have not decided if I will just return it and go back and buy the Nexus 4. I can buy almost 2 of those that are unlocked for the price of 1 iPhone that's locked.
    Doesn't apple sell an unlocked version? could be wrong but thought it was true...

My iPhone is a Part of Me GrandMstrBud's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pottyvick View Post
    Doesn't apple sell an unlocked version? could be wrong but thought it was true...
    They do, once I seen the website was updated and the specifications had the 1700/2100 bands I ordered one on Saturday and got it today. Well no the one I got didn't have the 1700/2100. I just happened to look at the box first and on the back it didn't have it listed. But I tried it anyway and no 1700/2100. I called apple they didn't know a thing and after 3 different people they said I could exchange it but I'd have to send that back and wait for my account to get credited and then re-order. Well I told them I'll just return it because I'm not going to re order and get the same model. Not sure why they kept these the same model numbers it makes it confusing. Oh yeah and the one I got that was supposed to have the 1700/2100 was shipped with 6.1.2.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    Interesting that its the 16GB w/ 6.1.2. Makes me think Apple made too many while consumers w/ other carriers wanted the extra storage. There must be a surplus of 16GB iPhones somewhere...
    I don't think thats true... all 3 of mine were 16gb and from 2 stores... all 6.1.3.

Thanks

Blah blah blah.

Sales figures or it didn't happen.

My iPhone is a Part of Me GrandMstrBud's Avatar
    Thanks

I ordered the unlocked version Saturday that was supposed to have the 1700/2100 bands according to apples technical specifications on the website and it didn't have those and it also came with 6.1.2. I sent it back already today.

iPhone? More like MyPhone kosher1's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xhazex9x View Post
    Cant wait to leave at&t for tmobile
    You don't have to. Call to cancel and they give you lots of goodies. I got $975 in savings over the year. Just call AT&T and say you want to cancel you lost your job. Watch what they do and reap the benefits from those pigs!!!!!!!

Make sure they know you going to tmobile. It makes them shake.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to kosher1 For This Useful Post:

Dphillipds (04-16-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pottyvick View Post
    I don't think thats true... all 3 of mine were 16gb and from 2 stores... all 6.1.3.
    I purchased one today at full price cause I was having issue with my unlocked att one and it came with 6.1.3 and I am still having the same issue where I can't receive picture texts from non iPhone users.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by orgy9111 View Post
    The negative side to this is that all iphone 5 for tmobile are 6.1.3 non jailbreakable until ios7
    This is not true dumba$$

iPhone? More like MyPhone sirbebe's Avatar
    Thanks

I got My iPhone 5 today finally from t-mobile store in downtown Chicago and it came out the box with 6.1.2 I'm so damn happy. Time to jail break..
    Black iPhone 4 32G jail-broken iOS 5.1 R.P

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12