Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'SliderKiller' Disables the Pesky "Slide to" Functions on the Lock Screen

Default 'SliderKiller' Disables the Pesky "Slide to" Functions on the Lock Screen

In iOS, when you receive a notification on the lock screen, you will be presented with a “Slide to View” or “Slide to Reply” unlock slider that takes you directly to the application with the notification when you unlock the device. The only way to get around this is to inconvenience yourself either by pressing the sleep button to put the device to sleep and then wake it up by pressing the sleep button again, or to unlock the device to the application with the notification and then close the application to do what you really want to do instead.

A new free jailbreak tweak called SliderKiller by iOS developer Julian Weiss makes it so you don’t have to inconvenience yourself at all. Instead of forcing you to “Slide to Reply” or “Slide to View” a notification when a notification appears on your lock screen, the tweak makes the normal “Slide to Unlock” slider appear on the lock screen. This includes the Camera Grabber, which is not visible when the slide to unlock slider says “Slide to Reply” or “Slide to View.”

The tweak’s effect is a very minimal mod, but for those that don’t want to respond to their notification immediately and don’t want to inconvenience themselves to put the device to sleep and wake it up again, this free jailbreak tweak is a nice way to simply get done what you want to get done. If you really did want to respond to the notification immediately, even with the tweak installed, you could simply open the application with the notification after unlocking your device.

You will find SliderKiller in Cydia's BigBoss repository right now at no charge. The tweak doesn't come with any options to configure.

Name: SliderKiller
    Price: FREE
    Version:1.0-14
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Julian Weiss
    Editor's Rating:  4/5

Cool idea, does it have an exceptions list? Like no slide to view in words with friends or other games but slide to view for facebook, messages etc?

Quote Originally Posted by tuantime View Post
    Cool idea, does it have an exceptions list? Like no slide to view in words with friends or other games but slide to view for facebook, messages etc?
    As the article states The tweak doesn't come with any options to configure

what the hell it uninstalled bitesms, what is this crap?

Quote Originally Posted by jonathan1683 View Post
    what the hell it uninstalled bitesms, what is this crap?
    Really? Because that would be kind of a deal-breaker...

i installed it and guess what???? it removed bitesms.

Thanks

Removing the whole "slide to..." string altogether would be ideal for my liking... Especially while having an invisible tap/slide to unlock rockin... Options in a future update and I'll pay a few bucks for it...

This tweak removed my bitesms and all themes i purchased for it, so had to remove sliderkiller and reinstall those removed tweaks. No go for most of us i guess.

This tweak removes BiteSMS and themes for it, so had to remove SliderKiller and reinstall those removed tweaks.

Quote Originally Posted by tuantime View Post
    This tweak removes BiteSMS and themes for it, so had to remove SliderKiller and reinstall those removed tweaks.
    Last edited by joju58; 04-14-2013 at 07:14 PM.

Thanks

what if you just reinstall bitesms after this is installed?

Sorry for double posting, i though it didn't vent through. i'm done with this tweak, no more messing around or experiments. BiteSms is very important to me so......

Quote Originally Posted by Sage I View Post
    Removing the whole "slide to..." string altogether would be ideal for my liking... Especially while having an invisible tap/slide to unlock rockin... Options in a future update and I'll pay a few bucks for it...
    you can do it yourself in ifile. the strings are at: /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/English.lproj/SpringBoard.strings

AWAY_LOCK_LABEL is the "slide to unlock"

POWER_DOWN_LOCK_LABEL is the "slide to power down"

etc etc etc
    Last edited by novadam; 04-14-2013 at 08:57 PM.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to novadam For This Useful Post:

blkcadi (04-14-2013), Sage I (04-14-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,187 Times in 6,203 Posts

you can do it yourself in ifile. the strings are at: /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/English.lproj/SpringBoard.strings

Yup, easiest way.
    Last edited by blkcadi; 04-14-2013 at 09:05 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by novadam View Post

etc etc etc
    Damn! I never thought of that... I use I file for so many mods, but never thought of that... Thank you very much...

I'm using a theme that disables the "slide to unlock" text. But since I installed this tweak it shows it again. Is there a way to fix this other than using the iFile method mentioned above because that doesn't work for me =\

This happened to me too! ANd to this guy^^^ that was the obvious thing to try doing but when you go and try to reinstall bitesms it has sliderkiller queued to be removed. For now it is one or the other but for sure no one is gonna pick sliderkiller over bitesms. not a big deal though. the devs will update the tweak with a fix in a few days!

and also you people arent even reading what the damn tweak is!!! you guys think this is just to remove the "slide to" text?!?! hahaha read that damn description. this tweak removes the function where your phone automatically goes to the last notification you got when you unlock your phone. for example you get a sportscenter notification on your lockscreen but you just simply want to go into your phone and not go straight into the notification. it will disable that so every time you slide to unlock no matter how many or which notification is up you will always just unlock your phone as if there were no notifications!
    Last edited by sergitocbf; 04-15-2013 at 01:43 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sergitocbf View Post
    and also you people arent even reading what the damn tweak is!!! you guys think this is just to remove the "slide to" text?!?! hahaha read that damn description. this tweak removes the function where your phone automatically goes to the last notification you got when you unlock your phone. for example you get a sportscenter notification on your lockscreen but you just simply want to go into your phone and not go straight into the notification. it will disable that so every time you slide to unlock no matter how many or which notification is up you will always just unlock your phone as if there were no notifications!
    I feel this is directed at I... I read the package description the hour it arrived on Cydia... I am aware of the use of the tweak, but thank you for you the explanation anyway... I was merely commenting on how to remove the text that pops up as well as the action of sliding to reply/view etc. I feel that those that offered me advice on my post were also well aware of what the tweak is... 🌴 Aloha 🌴

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Sage I For This Useful Post:

novadam (04-15-2013)

this is a great tweak... but how do I get rid of "slide to unlock" text while using this tweak?

Quote Originally Posted by klouud View Post
    this is a great tweak... but how do I get rid of "slide to unlock" text while using this tweak?
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by novadam View Post
    lol
    why is that funny? the tweak breaks my WB mod that removes "slide to unlock"

it's funny because like three posts above yours, I told you exactly where the strings are.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast