+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'Drunk Mode' Keeps You From Embarassing Yourself if You End Up Getting Drunk

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default 'Drunk Mode' Keeps You From Embarassing Yourself if You End Up Getting Drunk

Drunk Mode by iOS developer Qusic will help keep you from embarrassing yourself if you end up getting completely plastered at a party with your friends (we assume that you’re over 21 if you're doing this, and that you will have a designated driver with you!)

Drunk Mode keeps you from being able to send text messages as long as the feature is enabled. If you try to send a text message (iMessages included), then you will receive a pop-up alert that says, “Go home, You are drunk!” The tweak is very persistent, and will continue to block you from being able to send text messages until you disable the tweak.

This is a good feature because you won’t send complete nonsense to your friends and family when you find yourself unable to type on your phone clearly. This can be embarrassing, and might even get people annoyed with you when they can't understand your gibberish and typos.

If you want to enable or disable the tweak, you will find the Drunk Mode toggle right below the Airplane Mode toggle in the Settings application’s main page. The toggle is distinguished by its wine glass icon:

Drunk Mode also makes a great prank tweak if you install it on someone's phone and enable it on them. Drunk mode is available for free in Cydia’s BigBoss repository.

Name: Drunk Mode
    Price: FREE
    Version: 0.1
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Qusic
    Editor's Rating:  3/5

Green Apple
    Thanks

That is, if your not gonna be drunk enough to turn it on. And I doubt that a sober person would turn this on. I might say this is a gibberish app.

Unless it will detect how drunk a person is then it will automatically enabled it, lols.

It's doable for a prank though.
    Last edited by sean637; 04-13-2013 at 04:57 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sean637 View Post
    That is, if your not gonna be drunk enough to turn it on. And I doubt that a sober person would turn this on. I might say this is a gibberish app.

Unless it will detect how drunk a person is then it will automatically enabled it, lols.

i agree. perhaps the creator can modify the app to automatically turn on friday and saturday nights from 11pm - 3am then it should require a phrase to enter with a time limit.. something a drunk could not answer in time..

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Planning ahead would be a good way to use the tweak. If you know you're going to drink, turn it on before you go too far

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

Sage I (04-14-2013), zplit (04-13-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone 5kylar's Avatar
    Thanks

Now all we need is a "High Mode" lol

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 5kylar For This Useful Post:

iGuahan (04-14-2013), Sage I (04-14-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

If you're able to text, even drunk, you're still capable of turning this stupid tweak off, unless people still believe no one drives when drunk because they intended to be responsible before the alcohol sets in. Dumb app.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Not only useful if you're "Drunk", also if you don't want waste credit (or just being cheap) if someone is going to send any message.

iPhone? More like MyPhone jwil736's Avatar
    Thanks

Glad people are thinking out of the box but this seems to be of little use. As stated before if your not too drunk to txt then you can turn it off. Idk about you guys, but I used to be a very determined drunk! I could still type straight just close one eye and take your time.

Thanks

It's a tweak. Not an app.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

There needs to be some sort of puzzle or something you have to complete when you try to turn it off

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Hey, kudos to the dev!!!! Interesting concept/idea. I like the idea if having to successfully pass some sort if puzzle or say something clearly. More aspects to affect usage would be good, too! Like mail and FB. Much potential!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Great idea, but PLEASE add a BIG button to automatically text somebody with a message that the user can put in or call somebody if you need transportation. Otherwise you'll be too drunk to drive and too drunk to use your phone to get a ride.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Excellent point. You may need it for an emergency, too...

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zeros View Post
    Great idea, but PLEASE add a BIG button to automatically text somebody with a message that the user can put in or call somebody if you need transportation. Otherwise you'll be too drunk to drive and too drunk to use your phone to get a ride.
    This 100%. I wanted to say this exact thing.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zeros View Post
    Try Taxi Magic. Free app but service not available in all cities. Even lets you pay with a credit card within the app.

Thanks

Default superb
    I am so gonna get this app. my 3 yr old keeps playing with my phone. sending gibberish to all my contacts.

Thanks

It'd be nice if after someone misspells a certain number of words per text, it launches the message. And to the recipient, as well, would be nice.

The number of texts I get with misspelled words and no punctuation is unreal. I'm often asking myself where the period should go. The combination can make texts misunderstood or illegible.

People get lazy, sober. :-)
    Last edited by severe; 04-14-2013 at 12:19 PM.

*T*
    Thanks

Possibly the dumbest tweak I've ever seen.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Ryaninfg's Avatar
    Thanks

Be nice to pick contacts that it applies too.. Then at least you're phone would remind you that your drunk. Then you can still text others to see where the party is...

Thanks

This seems extremely useless .. if I'm drunk and I want to text I'm just going to disable the tweak.. tap settings, slide off the toggle.. how useless..