Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 33 of 33

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Verizon Extends iPhone Upgrade Wait Time

  1. #21
    My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    757
    Thanks
    399
    Thanked 78 Times in 62 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    From iPhone 2G to iPhone 4S you could get a new phone at the lowest price 199,299,399 on just YOUR ONE phone - without having to do a cross grade with 2nd phone.
    How do u do that? Is that for AT&T or all carriers? You can PM if you don't think you should post.

    Just curious.

  2. #22
    Livin the iPhone Life slim.jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Maryland, US
    Posts
    1,011
    Thanks
    116
    Thanked 128 Times in 98 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    This is not true anymore dude. They stopped the 1 year upgrade pricing last season. Well at least the lowest price at one year point was stopped. For all phones on a family or shared data plan with AT&T you get 'partial upgrade' pricing at 12 months and full upgrade pricing at 18 mos. There is no more "anchor" line on the family plans that gets special pricing.
    Yea you are right, I just checked my eligibility for a new iPhone and its April 2014, 18 months after the iPhone 5 came out. Oh well, 18mo is still better than 24mo.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
    How do u do that? Is that for AT&T or all carriers? You can PM if you don't think you should post.

    Just curious.
    Read carefully Vin.. I said "until" iPhone 5 was released. Now it can't be done anymore. Cross grades weren't necessary until last fall when AT&T changed policy to 'lowest' price upgrades every 18 months. Prior to Fall 2012 - you could upgrade every 11mos - no cross grade necessary.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  4. #24
    iPhone? More like MyPhone rockyseay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    235
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 23 Times in 18 Posts

    Well I simply buy my phone outright so I can keep my unlimited data plan on Verizon. I use 4g literally all day. Hahaha... I swear they try their best to sucker me into upgrading so I can lose my plan but I simply tell the to bite me.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by TechnoUniversity View Post
    Well I simply buy my phone outright so I can keep my unlimited data plan on Verizon. I use 4g literally all day. Hahaha... I swear they try their best to sucker me into upgrading so I can lose my plan but I simply tell the to bite me.
    Didn't Verizon start throttling you after 5GB to try and force people off unlimited. I don't believe any of the carriers have TRUE unlimited.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Didn't Verizon start throttling you after 5GB to try and force people off unlimited. I don't believe any of the carriers have TRUE unlimited.
    I don't believe so? Verizon I'm almost positive doesn't throttle, but to keep unlimited data, you have to buy the phone at full price. So they shafted us there

  7. #27
    iPhone? More like MyPhone rockyseay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    235
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 23 Times in 18 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Didn't Verizon start throttling you after 5GB to try and force people off unlimited. I don't believe any of the carriers have TRUE unlimited.
    They only do that if you are using 3G. On 4g that do not throttle.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by fanboyfanboy View Post
    I don't believe so? Verizon I'm almost positive doesn't throttle, but to keep unlimited data, you have to buy the phone at full price. So they shafted us there
    Verizon definately throttles My friend is on verizon and has shown me text messages where they have said they were throttling him and he could confirm they were. Then again he was definately on the top% at about 30GB+ those months one month was at close to 100GB and yes this is on LTE
    Last edited by Darkmousy; 04-13-2013 at 07:27 PM.

  9. #29
    iPhone? More like MyPhone rockyseay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    235
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 23 Times in 18 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkmousy View Post
    Verizon definately throttles My friend is on verizon and has shown me text messages where they have said they were throttling him and he could confirm they were. Then again he was definately on the top% at about 30GB+ those months one month was at close to 100GB and yes this is on LTE
    What the hell is he doing on that phone lol.

  10. #30
    Livin the iPhone Life slim.jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Maryland, US
    Posts
    1,011
    Thanks
    116
    Thanked 128 Times in 98 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by TechnoUniversity View Post
    What the hell is he doing on that phone lol.
    Seriously. I have hit big numbers on a desktop, 2TB+ in a month, but even with heavy usage on my phone I struggle to hit 5GB.

  11. #31
    My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    591
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 68 Times in 48 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by slim.jim View Post
    ?... I have never had any issues with AT&T. I have been with Cingular/AT&T for 14yrs.
    Ive never had issues with AT&T's cell service but their customer service and business practices are the absolute worst!!!! 4 TIMES in 3 months they pulled $368.25 out of my bank account. Don't ask me why they pulled that amount out, my bill is less than1/2 that. Each time I had to wait 28-30 days for them to put the $ back because they had to "investigate" it. Oh and the kicker is I NEVER had autopay, they accessed my account without permission. After all is said done I still have them as my carrier because they were actually going to charge me to break my contract after that. Yes my ***** is still sore......

  12. #32
    iPhone? More like MyPhone RoloDiva13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Orlando, Florida, United States
    Posts
    112
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Default ?
    Quote Originally Posted by slim.jim View Post
    I hope AT&T doesn't start this. Being the primary line on a 4 iPhone plan all with unlimited data, my upgrade is only 12 months. The other lines are 18 months.
    Uhmm...unless your lines haven't upgraded since 2010 you are under the 20-mo agreement w/ At&t. They started that for all consumer lines in early 2011. So, regardless of how much $$ is spent on each line, once you upgrade it's a flat 20 months to the next upgrade. You might wanna go check your upgrade date(s) again...

    EDIT: Oh, never mind.NewdestinyX got it, for the most part.

    And just for the record, At&t followed VZN with this 20-mo model two months after Big Red so it won't surprise me at all to see them implement this 24-mo mess in 2014 as well.
    Last edited by RoloDiva13; 04-14-2013 at 04:48 PM.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by RoloDiva13 View Post
    Uhmm...unless your lines haven't upgraded since 2010 you are under the 20-mo agreement w/ At&t. They started that for all consumer lines in early 2011. So, regardless of how much $$ is spent on each line, once you upgrade it's a flat 20 months to the next upgrade. You might wanna go check your upgrade date(s) again...

    EDIT: Oh, never mind.NewdestinyX got it, for the most part.

    And just for the record, At&t followed VZN with this 20-mo model two months after Big Red so it won't surprise me at all to see them implement this 24-mo mess in 2014 as well.
    Yes, you're right - it's 20 months not 18 - for the lowest price upgrades. But you can still do the crossgrade trick with a spouse's line every 12 months if you set it up right.

    And you're right too that the new upgrade periods started Fall 2011 with the rollout of the 4S. From that point, on one line you had to wait until May of 2013 at least to be eligible for an iPhone 5 at the 199/299/399 pricepoint.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 04-14-2013 at 05:10 PM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •