+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile Launches iPhone and a Complementary Television Ad

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
T-mobile has officially started carrying Apple’s iPhone Friday, and in doing so, the ‘Un-carrier’ has released a brand new television ad that puts the spotlight directly on Apple’s iPhone 5.
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,052 Times in 771 Posts

Default T-Mobile Launches Launches iPhone and a Complementary Television Ad

T-mobile has officially started carrying Apple’s iPhone Friday, and in doing so, the ‘Un-carrier’ has released a brand new television ad that puts the spotlight directly on Apple’s iPhone 5. T-mobile has been taking pre-orders ever since last Friday.

For a mobile-friendly video link that works with our app, tap on the video link below:

YouTube Video

The ad emphasizes the fact that T-mobile’s iPhone 5 comes with no restrictive annual contracts and offers nationwide 4G coverage:

Quote Originally Posted by T-Mobile
    It’s the phone that’s revolutionizing phones; make sure it’s running on the carrier that’s revolutionizing wireless. Introducing iPhone 5 on T-mobile. With our advanced nationwide 4G network and no more restrictive annual contracts required, only T-mobile lets your iPhone 5 be as great as an iPhone 5.
    The iPhone from T-mobile can be purchased right now from T-mobile’s Web site. The pricing options are as follows:

• iPhone 5 16GB White/Black: $99.99 + $20 monthly payment for 24 months OR $579.99 paid in full
    • iPhone 5 32GB White/Black: $199.99 + $20 monthly payment for 24 months OR $679.99 paid in full
    • iPhone 5 64GB White/Black: $299.99 + $20 monthly payment for 24 months OR $779.99 paid in full
    • iPhone 4S 16GB White/Black: $69.99 + $20 monthly payment for 24 months OR $$549.99 paid in full
    • iPhone 4 8GB White/Black: $18.00 + $18 monthly payment for 24 months OR $450.00 paid in full

Sources: MacRumors

My iPhone is a Part of Me Cmds187's Avatar
    Thanks

Love it
    Freedom
    from
    Restrictions

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Are these iPhones Factory Carrier Unlocked?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

If you pay the full price for them then yes of course they are factory unlocked.

My iPhone is a Part of Me GrandMstrBud's Avatar
    Thanks

Paid full price and they still won't unlock it until after 40 days.

Green Apple
    Thanks

if I am gonna pay full price.
    I rather just buy it from apple and it's unlock.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by koreanmasters99 View Post
    If you want to basically spend $70 on unlocking, then do so.

T-Mobile is actually selling the iPhones cheaper directly. I don't think Apple is price matching, from what I've heard... at least not yet.
    Member of the hackint0sh forums.
    HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I still don't see what all the fuss is about. If your paying monthly for the phone it in a sense is a contract. If you decide to cancel, you have to pay the remaining balance on the phone. How is this different than paying a ETF?
    As for the plans pricing. This is what I would get if I went to either carrier. I am with AT&T now.
    T-Mobile unlimited Talk, Text, & Unlimited data 70.00 + taxes & fees = 1680 + taxes & fees
    AT&T 450 minutes, unlimited text & Data (or 3GB) 89.99 + taxes & fees = 2159.76 + taxes & fees

AT&T is higher, but coverage for me is 10 times better than T-Mobile's. Unlimited Talk time is a joke. Very few people spend a lot of time talking, they text, email,social network etc... Minutes are no longer the requirement. Unlimited 4G, great if you happen to live in a area that actually has 4G. Nationwide it's not.

Now factor in the cost of a phone. 16GB iPhone 5
    T-Mobile = 2259.99 + taxes/fees
    AT&T = 2358.76 + taxes/fees
    A difference of 98.77 divided over 24 months = 4.12 well worth it to me to have reliable coverage, faster data speeds. I get a new phone every 2 years.

T-Mobile's new set up still has a contract. You pay 99.00 down, 20.00 a month for 24 month's. You just signed a contract and must pay it in full before they will unlock it for you to use on another carrier. AT&T sells the iPhone 5 for 199.00 cancel early and pay the ETF of 325.00 which means you can buy a iPhone 5 from AT&T for 524.00 (+ taxes on 199 or full price depending where you live.) vs T-Mobile 579.99 + taxes

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Cokeman For This Useful Post:

vazzana (04-12-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Freedom from restrictions, eh?
    So do the phones come pre-jailbroken?

My iPhone is a Part of Me GrandMstrBud's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by koreanmasters99 View Post
    That's what I should have done but maybe if Apple would have announced they'd be selling that version on the 12th I'd have waited.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Snipers168 View Post
    Freedom from restrictions, eh?
    So do the phones come pre-jailbroken?
    No, but apparently some are being sold with 6.1.2 on them, thereby making them jailbreakable.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandMstrBud View Post
    That's what I should have done but maybe if Apple would have announced they'd be selling that version on the 12th I'd have waited.
    They mentioned it shortly after the Uncarrier event.
    Member of the hackint0sh forums.
    HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave

Green Apple
    Thanks

I really appreciate tmobile and apple merger, I really think t-mobile has one hell of a deal currently. Data is not comparable to AT&T, but price is MUCH less per month. It's a new concept, and I hope they do well!