+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: LivelyIcons Creator Donates First Round of Donations to Pediatric Cancer Research

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,044 Times in 766 Posts

Default LivelyIcons Creator Donates First Round of Donations to Pediatric Cancer Research

Back in the middle of February, iOS developer and college student Filippo Bigarella released an application icon animation jailbreak tweak in Cydia called LivelyIcons. The jailbreak tweak’s profits were to be donated to multiple organizations to help fight pediatric cancer.

Bigarella has donated his first round of donations, totaling $2,500, to Because of Ezra, a non-profit pediatric cancer research foundation run by Kyle Matthews (one of the founders of ModMyi) and Robyn Matthews (Kyle's wife).

Back in February, Bigarella clarified his personal reasoning for why he created the jailbreak tweak and why he was donating his profits to cancer research:

Quote Originally Posted by Filippo Bigarella
    I think it’s a great way to help other people and at the same time ‘give something back’ to the ones who donate: at the end of the day, you can get this new, little, fun tweak and at the same time do something good for all of us!
    Bigarella’s donations don’t end here. According to his personal blog post, he plans to donate an additional $2,885.31 to yet another cancer-fighting organization from Italy named La Cittą della Speranza. Afterwards, any profits following the two donations will continue to be donated to organizations fighting cancer. Bigarella promises to keep everyone updated on his progress.

Bigarella notes a big thanks to Jay Freeman (Saurik), who is quoted as saying:

Quote Originally Posted by Saurik
    I have set the LivelyIcons fee calculation at 14/86 (instead of 30/70) based upon doing some math for "at cost" and sent you a payout ($5,344.70) for this product.
    We would like to give a big thanks to Filippo Bigarella, Saurik, and the entire jailbreak community for making this possible!

Sources: Filippo Bigarella

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

bisayakid07 (04-11-2013), zplit (04-11-2013)

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,064 Times in 4,206 Posts

Like to see these things. Glad I bought this tweak and it's going to a good cause.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 2k1 For This Useful Post:

zplit (04-11-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Great tweak and a great cause!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Love this tweak

Green Apple
    Thanks

Wow!! I never knew the reason why the developer created this tweak. I have installed the hacked version of this tweak; but now that I know about the developer's good heart, I'm going to uninstall the hacked tweak and pay for the original tweak.. God bless everyone...:-)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to fernandorinto For This Useful Post:

novadam (04-11-2013)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

wow Awesome,,, this is what life should be about,,,everyone come together for a cause.

I purchased the E for Ezra WB theme and it is beautiful !!

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,799 Times in 1,223 Posts

A personal note to all who've purchased the E is for Ezra theme or LivelyIcons - THANK YOU! It makes such a difference. I am grateful!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kyle Matthews For This Useful Post:

blkcadi (04-12-2013), Simon (04-12-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hats off to the developer.