Results 1 to 13 of 13

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Reported Development Problems Could Delay New Apple Products

  1. #1
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Valparaiso, Indiana
    Posts
    3,850
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 1,481 Times in 567 Posts

    Default Reported Development Problems Could Delay New Apple Products


    Although Apple is reportedly hoping to release the new iPhone 5S in early summer and the iPad 5 in late summer or early fall, the unfortunate realities often born of such major production efforts could delay Apple's plans.

    Although there is no shortage of industry analysts with long hit-and-miss records on Apple product release predictions, Ming-chi Kuo of KGI Securities is an analyst with a solid record of getting his calls right.

    If Kuo's latest estimates are accurate, Apple may be facing some serious development issues that will cause a later than expected roll out of several next-gen Apple products, including the iPhone 5S and a lower-priced entry level iPhone.

    Among the culprits for the anticipated delays are fingerprint sensors, Retina display for refreshed iPad mini, and ultrathin plastic casing.

    "Apple has to work out how to prevent interference from the black and white coating material under the cover glass," Kuo says. "Apple is the first to attempt this function and technology, and time is needed to find the right coating material, which will likely affect iPhone 5S shipments."

    Source: Apple Insider

  2. #2
    I am still using an iPhone 4. For contract reasons I was not able to upgrade to an iPhone 4s. By the time my contract had run out the iPhone 5 came along. However, the upgrade was seen by me to be pointless as it had little to offer, and besides it was full of flaws.

    It would seem that we are all now talking iPhone 5s and here again I can see little to excite me and even that now seems delayed.

    For heavens sake Apple, get out of this obsession on looks and making it the worlds thinnest phone etc. and deliver a phone that really offers something to be proud of, something that works (properly). If Apple don't get a move on and pretty quick they will clearly sink in the phone market as daily I see other manufactures offering new phones one after the other.

    It would seem to me that competitors have a marketing department that listens to what its customers want and tries its best to implement such ideas. Apple only seems to grant us what it wants and doesn't seem to care a monkeys about what we want. I even understand that Apple does not listen to customers needs and completely ignores suggestions. The only thing that Apple does do (in some cases) is to look at the jailbreak apps and then implement them into IOS. (i.e. Multitasking, Folders, Notifications -[Lock Info]

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to clive.weller For This Useful Post:

    buggsy2 (04-11-2013)

  4. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by clive.weller View Post
    I am still using an iPhone 4. For contract reasons I was not able to upgrade to an iPhone 4s. By the time my contract had run out the iPhone 5 came along. However, the upgrade was seen by me to be pointless as it had little to offer, and besides it was full of flaws.

    It would seem that we are all now talking iPhone 5s and here again I can see little to excite me and even that now seems delayed.

    For heavens sake Apple, get out of this obsession on looks and making it the worlds thinnest phone etc. and deliver a phone that really offers something to be proud of, something that works (properly). If Apple don't get a move on and pretty quick they will clearly sink in the phone market as daily I see other manufactures offering new phones one after the other.

    It would seem to me that competitors have a marketing department that listens to what its customers want and tries its best to implement such ideas. Apple only seems to grant us what it wants and doesn't seem to care a monkeys about what we want. I even understand that Apple does not listen to customers needs and completely ignores suggestions. The only thing that Apple does do (in some cases) is to look at the jailbreak apps and then implement them into IOS. (i.e. Multitasking, Folders, Notifications -[Lock Info]
    I feel that we really do not need a refresh like a 5 s they should just go right in to the i phone 6 or what ever it will be called with the new IOS 7 maybe tweak the creen if they want but not too big i do not want to make calls from a device like the i pad mini size that would be just plain dumb look at the ugly LG i think it is like 5-6 inches if you want a tablet buy a tablet if you want a phone then get a phone just my 2cents .

  5. #4
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    1,149
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 87 Times in 71 Posts

    To me Apple is more Form>Function.
    If consumer do not buy it because phone does not attract your attention, it would be wasted effort to make it function better than everything else out there.

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by tridley68 View Post
    I feel that we really do not need a refresh like a 5 s they should just go right in to the i phone 6 or what ever it will be called with the new IOS 7 maybe tweak the creen if they want but not too big i do not want to make calls from a device like the i pad mini size that would be just plain dumb look at the ugly LG i think it is like 5-6 inches if you want a tablet buy a tablet if you want a phone then get a phone just my 2cents .
    In my opinion I could make calls just fine off my Nokia 8800 series which was tiny. I think the 4.5-5.0 inch size is the sweet spot for smartphones these days. When it comes to web browsing or using apps we need a phone a little wider than the iphone 5. Just look at your computer screen. I doubt you'd buy a 12 inch monitor for your desktop.

  7. #6
    I have got that phone, it's called the Sony Bravia Z !!

  8. #7
    iPhone? More like MyPhone 5kylar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    229
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 28 Times in 22 Posts

    Does this also mean we won't be seeing iOS7 for awhile longer still? I hope not I'm looking forward to beta testing

  9. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Bklyn NY !!
    Posts
    913
    Thanks
    60
    Thanked 62 Times in 51 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by clive.weller View Post
    I am still using an iPhone 4. For contract reasons I was not able to upgrade to an iPhone 4s. By the time my contract had run out the iPhone 5 came along. However, the upgrade was seen by me to be pointless as it had little to offer, and besides it was full of flaws.

    It would seem that we are all now talking iPhone 5s and here again I can see little to excite me and even that now seems delayed.

    For heavens sake Apple, get out of this obsession on looks and making it the worlds thinnest phone etc. and deliver a phone that really offers something to be proud of, something that works (properly). If Apple don't get a move on and pretty quick they will clearly sink in the phone market as daily I see other manufactures offering new phones one after the other.

    It would seem to me that competitors have a marketing department that listens to what its customers want and tries its best to implement such ideas. Apple only seems to grant us what it wants and doesn't seem to care a monkeys about what we want. I even understand that Apple does not listen to customers needs and completely ignores suggestions. The only thing that Apple does do (in some cases) is to look at the jailbreak apps and then implement them into IOS. (i.e. Multitasking, Folders, Notifications -[Lock Info]
    +1 but your forgetting something very important (to apple)., they don't have to give you anything--all they need to do is is do what they do best., marketing hype !!! start airing those cheesy and bland commercials about "the most amazing iPhone ever" along with free and obsessive media coverage about its imminent release and they will rake in the customers.

    half of all iPhone sales come from users who have the most recent model already, apple knows this so why should they give you what YOU want?

    the only way to get a phone that has all the features you want is to just go out and buy it--regardless of who makes it.

  10. #9
    My iPhone is a Part of Me buggsy2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sacramento, California
    Posts
    565
    Thanks
    554
    Thanked 119 Times in 87 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by clive.weller View Post
    I am still using an iPhone 4. For contract reasons I was not able to upgrade to an iPhone 4s. By the time my contract had run out the iPhone 5 came along. However, the upgrade was seen by me to be pointless as it had little to offer, and besides it was full of flaws.
    I went from 4 to 5. The latter is hardly "full of flaws", and I get much better reception in my office with it, the only reason I upgraded. LTE and the faster processor are noticeable improvements. That said, the changes overall are modest and iOS really needs a big makeover. I, too, am tired of the obsession with thinner and lighter and would prefer the opposite if it meant much longer battery life, and thus real background multitasking.

  11. #10
    My iPhone is a Part of Me bmwraw8482's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    580
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 88 Times in 57 Posts

    If you're still using the iPhone 4 and don't think the 5 has much to offer, have u ever used it? The voice quality in calls, just the right screen amount of screen real estate, super fast processor... Etc

    Anyway, I'd have to agree at this point if probably wait for a 5s (assuming that's the name). My sister got a 4s when I got my 5 and is happy with it but disappointed its not as fast. I wouldn't want to have the same disappointment. You'll love whatever iPhone u decide to wait for!

  12. #11
    Default 100% Agree with Clive
    I too bought first iphone and have gone through all the versions.

    But stayed on the 4 as 5 had little to offer.

    I am a self confessed fan of apple, but please, please you have got to bring out a better phone than the 5.

    The os interface is very tired, and ok I could jailbreak, but my un savvy friends don't wish to, we just want an iphone that keeps up.

    I don't care if its the thinnest. Just give me the 2 sizes, as fed up being panned by HTC/ Samsung over screen size, and I would like slightly larger.

    I'm afraid to say if the net iphone isn't with slightly larger screen and new fresh OS, I'll go to android, even though it hurts me to do so.

    Please Apple, get it together

  13. #12
    iPhone? More like MyPhone mattoligy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    120
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by clive.weller View Post
    Apple only seems to grant us what it wants and doesn't seem to care a monkeys about what we want. I even understand that Apple does not listen to customers needs and completely ignores suggestions.
    Well said!

  14. #13
    What's Jailbreak? At3eS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Iran
    Posts
    24
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by chriskaraokeman View Post
    I have got that phone, it's called the Sony Bravia Z !!
    Haha :-D

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •