Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: One Designer's Idea of What iOS 7 Could Be [Video]

Default One Designer's Idea of What iOS 7 Could Be [Video]

iOS 7 is expected to launch this year, and with Jonathan Ive now in charge of the software that will be in iOS, rather than the previous Scott Forstall, many are now wondering what kinds of changes we can expect in the upcoming major iOS update.

One designer’s mind has been running on several gallons of energy drinks recently, as he has managed to come up with several ideas that he thinks could make iOS 7 great if integrated into the operating system. The designer, Ran Anvi, has come up with some pretty neat ideas. Obviously, these are only concepts, and are not guaranteed to be a part of iOS 7.

For a mobile-friendly video link that works with our app, tap on the video link below:

YouTube Video

The first major detail the designer touches on is a redesigned Calendar and Notes application. They adopt the same silver interface that the Maps application received in iOS 6. The silver interface is very clean and mono-colored, something that many are expecting from Mr. Ive of Apple. The designer even shows off a re-designed Music application that matches the silver appearance of iTunes 11. Also notable are the "flat" iOS application icons, which we do not think are likely to appear in iOS 7 in terms of the way Apple likes to keep their design.

The video shows off a re-designed lock screen, which adds a Forecast-like weather widget to the lock screen that can be shown by swiping sideways on the lock screen clock. Under the widget is a grabber that can be pulled down to reveal toggles and social networking shortcuts. The toggles appear to look a lot like those in Auxo and would be welcomed by many in the iOS community; however for security reasons, it’s not likely that we would see any social networking on the lock screen from Apple.

The designer also touches on Do Not Disturb, where he invisions Do Not Disturb 2.0, which will allow users to set Do Not Disturb sessions for certain days of the week. The concept also adds a Do Not Disturb widget to Notification Center similarly to in OS X Mountain Lion.

Apple has been very minimalistic in the past on the download details that appear whenever you are downloading and installing an application from the App Store. The video also touches on this, envisioning a bubble pop-up that can be opened to see information about the download such as download speed, application information, and more. This seems like a little much, but similar jailbreak tweaks in Cydia have attempted to give us just a little more information on the download details of our App Store downloads and appeared to be popular among users.

The video even introduces a completely different store – a widget store – to play along nicely with iTunes, App Store, and iBooks. The widget store would hold downloadable widgets that software developers could make to improve the usefulness of Notification Center; similarly to how many jailbreak tweak developers have done in Cydia.

Other new ideas the video shows are AirDrop integration for iOS, an improved Notification Center with quick-reply options built into Notifications and an improved notification deletion method, and a Time Machine feature to be able to restore iOS to a specific backup(s) created in the past.

By all means, some of the ideas in this video are a far cry from what apple might want to include in iOS 7; however, the designer behind the video has some really good ideas that perhaps jailbreak tweak developers can take note from. The same designer also introduced this lock screen toggle concept we showed you yesterday. Feel free to share in the comments the features you liked the most out of the video, and the things that you expect to see in iOS 7!

Sources: YouTube
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 04-10-2013 at 01:14 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

JazJon (04-10-2013)

Thanks

My idea of iOS 7 is with all this speculation and dreaming, EVERYONE will be disappointed.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Norb For This Useful Post:

iH85CH001 (04-10-2013), rampagebegins (04-11-2013)

So basically its all the tweaks that are already available to jailreakers.

I wish I could watch the video... But my schools wifi blocks YouTube -_-

iPhone? More like MyPhone mattoligy's Avatar
    Thanks

Is this a joke? I can't believe this was even posted!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mattoligy For This Useful Post:

rampagebegins (04-11-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone 5kylar's Avatar
    Thanks

Ya Apple should have done all that in iOS 5. What a surprise it's still not around and half that stuff won't be integrated into 7. But that's what jailbreaks are for

Wow a lot of that stuff is really cheap. Only thing I thought was cool was the iTunes user interface.

Any way to get that slide effect on the nc center so u don't have to tap that little damn x. Thanks.

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,714 Times in 730 Posts

You guys are talking about someone/nobody as a so called designer thoughts of what he/she thinks IOS 7 should look like???

WHO CARES!!!!!!!! i'll draw you something on a ecthascetch an tell you what i think it should look like LOL... Have no idea why MMI posts this cr@p???? I want facts!! not what a person thinks something should look like.

The lock screen stuff looks disjointed like someone who installed 3 different tweaks. The new icons used in the home screen are ugly and blend into the background used making it hard to distinguish.

the designer totally forgot to put iWack as his idea as well, the whole idea was a putz attempt to get video hits- LAME!!!
    tag iOS 7 on your videos folks!!!

I bet iOS 7 will have the sbsettings toggles and claim it to be some revolutionary idea. Lol. I doubt it will offer much change.

I honestly only liked about 1/4 of the ideas. I really enjoyed the Music.app UI update. And the widgets idea. The rest was pretty bad in my opinion. No offense to the artist and all his subtle things like the Person of Interest reference.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mattoligy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Carvensno View Post
    I want facts!! not what a person thinks something should look like.
    Unless it's exceptionally good! Which this isn't!!

When is the beta release of iOS 7? Then we can really see what it will look like

iPhone? More like MyPhone 5kylar's Avatar
    Thanks

I really hope this comes soon and with everything I saw up there in that video cuz I just bricked my phone and am currently restoring...Fun times

that sucked big time, I already have weather displayed like on the lock screen via tweak.....big f'n deal!!!

HTC one's interface is truly remarkable.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Most of that was not really that great...I saw a bunch of stuff that we have when we JB our iPhones...then some stuff that the iMac has. I don't see the point of Time Machine on the iPhone.....it would be cool to have a widget store and actually have widgets though!

After wasting 3 minutes of my life watching that video, I actually feel stupider. I wonder if I could call Apples legal services department and find a way to sue someone for the pain and mental anguish I have now from watching that.

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,714 Times in 730 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by peakay View Post
    After wasting 3 minutes of my life watching that video, I actually feel stupider. I wonder if I could call Apples legal services department and find a way to sue someone for the pain and mental anguish I have now from watching that.
    No!!! Because this isnt Apple. This is just some joe blow off the street of what he think IOS7 should look like.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast